Player you're most excited/intrigued about this season?

Rob12

Reaction score
Russell Wilson. I think 2016 is the year in which he shows the rest of the world that he's the best QB in the NFL.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm all around really excited for this season. I don't think this is our last chance at winning because our young core will only develop further in the coming years but it does seem like all the pieces are coming together right now.

As for the guys who I'm most excited about I'll have to say the two injured stars from last year Graham and Rawls. If they can come back and play at 100% they'll be doing some really special things. I'm also excited about Frank Clark's increased role this year, he could be our leading pass rusher of the future. Then we'll get the rookies who will be filling some important roles we lacked last year like Vannett, Prosise and Jefferson.

King Dog

Reaction score
Willyeye":32sun8t8 said:
My gut tells me that Britt is not going to make the cut at Center, and I think the Hawks just think that Lewis' ceiling is too low. I think Hunt is going to be the surprise of the 2016 draft. Hunt is my guy. At 6'2", he's actually one inch taller than Lewis, and if he can put on a few pounds of muscle this offseason, he could be just as heavy as Lewis.next

Sorry man. Hunt is about 6'0" according to seahawks.com and nfl.com. He's looking pretty maxed out at 300 lbs on that frame. I'm excited about him too. I think I remember PFF saying he was the best pass blocker in college last year.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
For me it has to be Paul Richardson. He was looking mighty fine the last few games of his rookie season before the injury. It's a tall order to come back from multiple knee issues but if he can get healthy and stay there, the passing game could be the best the Seahawks have ever had, and that's exciting.

#1 Defense and top 5 offense? Ooh la la... :drool:

Erebus

Reaction score
Reading all the different answers in this thread, I think it's amazing we have this many players worth mentioning to be excited about. I can't name just a single player I'm excited about.

I'm excited to see how Lockett blossoms in his second year. I really think he has not just the potential to be great, but is actually likely to achieve that potential. I think he can be as good as Antonio Brown. I'm more excited than most about P-Rich. I think his and Lockett's speed will be too much for opposing defenses to handle at the same time, especially when more attention needs to be paid to our stud #1 WR Baldwin. And I'm very optimistic Jimmy Graham will be close enough to full health.

We have so many receiving options it's ridiculous. I expect Wilson to pick up right where he left off last year and run away with the MVP. With the passing game hopefully performing at an elite level, I hope to see a lot of single-back sets. That should give Rawls a lot of nickel and dime packages to run against.

On defense I'm stoked about Clark and Reed. They don't have to dominate for us to have a great defense again, but I think they just might. I'm cautiously optimistic about Quinton Jefferson. I agree with kf3339; if Jefferson can provide consistent interior pressure, I don't see how opposing teams can score.

What spoils us is we have all these players to be excited about, and one of the best units in the league has barely even been discussed. The Legion of Boom could very well be at its best this year, with Browner hopefully fixing our TE problem, Kam and Earl at full health and hungry, Sherman in his prime, and Lane and Shead providing a lot of flexibility (and competent coverage) on the right side and in the slot.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1oaqyqyr said:
Jimmy Graham.

you are absolutely right, he is the most important player in terms of money spent vs performance

I blame the coaches. One of the most important reasons for the Seahawks turn around was the ability of the coaching staff to adapt to the players strong points and put them in positions where their weaknesses where not exposed.

All of a sudden we get the best receiving tight end in the NFL and decide to "see how well he blocks". They should have just made him that tall red zone receiver that we need and put in one of our third string O line studs at blocking TE

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2wld04g7 said:
I would add in Lockette but I'm convinced he's going to have a breakout year anyway.

He is retired due to a career ending injury fwiw.

Giblien

Reaction score
Rawls and Michael. I want to see if the production we saw from them toward the end of last season was a fluke or the sign of another beastly set of RB's for the next 6 -7 years.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm always excited and intrigued for our younger players. Guys like Clark, Lockett, Vannett, Reed, etc.

I'm going a bit different. I'm intrigued to see how Kam Chancellor comes out and looks. He was disatisfied last year, and for the last couple of years has been fighting nagging injuries.

I'm curious to see if he comes out and dominates again, or if he continues to fight injury and regress. This has a major long lasting impact on the future of the back end of our defense.

bighawk

Reaction score
It is too much talent to pick just one so I will do one offense and defense. On offense Richardson is my guy who needs to give us a season like lockett gave us last year if not at least show that he can be a consistent deep threat to put fear in opposing defenses. On the defense for me it is Frank Clark. The hype he is getting from Carroll and even Bennett he needs to take over as the Alpha pass rusher. Honorable mentions: Reed, ifedi, Gilliam, Hill.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Jarran Reed. I got goose bump on draft day watching his interview post selection. I got the feeling he was pizzed at being passed up into the second round. He's seemed to have developed that chip on his shoulder that Pete likes to exploit. I'm sure he wants to make 31 other team pay for passing on him. He has the power and the motor to do it.

ACFan

Reaction score
If you asked Russell Wilson this question, his answer might be Alex Collins.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/sports/seahawk ... l?d=mobile

Fifth-round pick Alex Collins impressed just about everyone who watched him in May into June.

The word out of Arkansas on the 5-foot-10, 217-pound Collins, who was the third man in Southeastern Conference history to rush for 1,000 yards in three consecutive years (after Darren McFadden and Herschel Walker), is he is a plundering runner, Lynch style. But what caught the eye most about Collins in OTAs and minicamps — besides the braided hair dangling beneath his helmet across the top of his back — was how fluid he was catching the ball.

Last week in the final minicamp practice, he zoomed past Cassius Marsh, a candidate to replace departed Bruce Irvin as Seattle's strongside linebacker, on a wheel route down the sideline and caught a long pass in stride from Russell Wilson. Collins sprinted with the ball into the end zone. Wilson ran half the field to congratulate him.

Wilson said the week before that, in an OTA practice closed to the media, Collins made a cut so sharp and exquisite in the open field the quarterback called it one of the best moves he'd ever seen.

Collins arrived in Seattle in May with the opportunity to get some short-yardage carries as a rookie. He enters training camp as a prime threat to veteran Christine Michael as Rawls' backup.

I'm still somewhat amused at how AC is always referred to as a power back, brought in for short yardage situations.

so, so much more. He's got good power no doubt, but I'd list that as his 3rd or 4th best attribute.

my prediction that he'll make an incredible receiver out of the backfield isn't hurt by this report either, just hardly got to do it in college, but seemingly a ton of potential in that dept as well.

ACFan

Reaction score
I mean is that not intriguing? the guy who was brought in as the "power back" is displaying exceptional receiving skills, beating experienced LBs for TDs in practice, AND had an open field move "SO SHARP AND EXQUISITE" it was one of the best Russell Wilson has ever seen.

I know it's only practice, but guys who continually stand out in practice, usually do well in games.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Boohman14":20be62oy said:
Jarran Reed. I got goose bump on draft day watching his interview post selection. I got the feeling he was pizzed at being passed up into the second round. He's seemed to have developed that chip on his shoulder that Pete likes to exploit. I'm sure he wants to make 31 other team pay for passing on him. He has the power and the motor to do it.

I'll go with one on defense. Why? Because I want this to be the #1 Defense again this year. Historically good. "They remind me of Defense of the Decade, the 201x Seahawks."

Who's going to make this defense that way? Jarran Reed. Dude is smart, quick, and powerful.

How do you get to the playoffs? Through your division. And in our division, we have Todd Gurley, David Johnson, and Carlos Hyde, who at 4.1 ypc is nothing to sneeze at.

So the only way we stay at number one, is to be successful at stopping the run. If we stop Gurley, we feast on Goff, if we stop Hyde, we feast on an exhausted 49er defense, if we stop Johnson, we feast on Carson Palmer INTs.

And the most exciting and intriguing person to do that this year, is going to be Jarran Reed. I predict he will keep the #1 defense on top by helping produce the #1 run defense. We always hear: "Stop the run, and then pin your ears back."

I predict the offense as easily being Top 10, and with 4 starting caliber running backs (Prosise, AC, Christine, Rawls), we will wear down opposing defenses, while putting opposing offenses in the unenviable position of playing catch up.

So my choice for Adopt a Rookie and everything else is Jarran Reed. An early 1st round value that we stole in the 2nd. Still can't figure out why the Bears let us have that pick. :drool:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ACFan":3u06tupy said:
I mean is that not intriguing? the guy who was brought in as the "power back" is displaying exceptional receiving skills, beating experienced LBs for TDs in practice, AND had an open field move "SO SHARP AND EXQUISITE" it was one of the best Russell Wilson has ever seen.

I know it's only practice, but guys who continually stand out in practice, usually do well in games.

I'm excited for Collins as well. I think he will be what we hoped Turbin would be.

Also the practice point is excellent, as Pete puts a lot of value on players that bring it to practice.

Hawks46

Reaction score
scutterhawk":208mhlpc said:
Russ Willstrong":208mhlpc said:
Wilson.. How can he be even better than he was the latter half of laat season?

Procise and Vannett. Two young guys who figure into the run/pass game plan with great versatility.

Reed and Clark. Young studs who are grown men to compliment this already elite D.

Kam... Healthy and Hungry for another title.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^
I think there's some folks that have taken Wilson for granted.
I see a guy that is taking more and more control of the Offense, what with Baldwin, Lockett, & Kearse coming on like crazy last Season, then to add if Rawls & Procise can supplant Lynch, reinvigorate the Run game, the Offense will be back to delivering a one-two punch, and we will have Vannett, Willson, & Graham? WHEW!!!
I also see the Defense coming back with a vengeance this Season. :rumble:

Good posts. This might be the most excited I've ever been about our offense. We have such offensive balance that if the OL even comes in at average, I'm not sure how you defend it. We have Lockett and Richardson that can beat you deep, and also run good routes. We have Baldwin that can own short and intermediate routes, and yet still take the top off of a defense. We have an elite QB that still hasn't shown he's hit a ceiling. We have the best stable of young RB's in the league. We have good big targets in our TE's and if Graham comes back, that's an elite big target as well.

Collins definitely intrigues me as well. I'm not saying he reminds me of Marshawn Lynch, but he has the power and the lateral wiggle to emulate him. Watching him run, I see flashes of Lynch and I can get the comparison.

Latest posts