Players look like they didn't care about winning. (OPINION)

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It's ******* sad to see things like this. Absolutely pathetic.

There was a few other times throughout the game but it just shows players are mailing it in and not even caring really, just going through the motions.

renofox

Reaction score

There was a few other times throughout the game but it just shows players are mailing it in and not even caring really, just going through the motions.

Remember the big question here a few weeks ago:

Has PC lost the locker room?

I think this is pretty convincing evidence that many players are just there for the paycheck and DGAF about winning.

We all know PC sucks at talent evaluation for both coaches and players, player development, Xs and Os, and gameday management. His one saving grace is "culture building" - and he now sucks at that, too.

So what does PC bring to the table?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Coaching and lack of discipline. All these great players get here... kick ass the first year then turn to shit in some form afterwards. Coaching, coaching, coaching. Too many on the team with the attitude of "business decisions" and collect a paycheck. When was the last time we saw any fire from the team at all. Witherspoon, DK, JSN, Love, Chenna, Wags, Walker seem to be the ONLY ones who care and show up with emotion and grit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Witherspoon next year fall off mysteriously (The only reason he wouldn't I'd say pride, the kids a scrapper and was ALMOST the only one who showed up), it's been happening for a while with mainly the Defense.

Polk738

Reaction score
Diggs is seriously such an over-rated piece of trash, I remember him going on KJ's podcast last year and getting upset because he felt he had been snubbed as not being considered as one of the top safeties in the league, How can you watch tape like that and think yeah I'm a good safety, I'm definitely earning my massive paycheck here. He's also stood in front of the media and said bullshit like "Well obviously we're not very good" Dude is just as over-rated as Adams

renofox

Reaction score
Coaching and lack of discipline. All these great players get here... kick ass the first year then turn to shit in some form afterwards. Coaching, coaching, coaching. Too many on the team with the attitude of "business decisions" and collect a paycheck. When was the last time we saw any fire from the team at all. Witherspoon, DK, JSN, Love, Chenna, Wags, Walker seem to be the ONLY ones who care and show up with emotion and grit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Witherspoon next year fall off mysteriously (The only reason he wouldn't I'd say pride, the kids a scrapper and was ALMOST the only one who showed up), it's been happening for a while with mainly the Defense.
Nailed it. I've posted many times about this issue, "coaching up the Seahawks way", including going into detail about how they destroyed Woolen by coaching away from his strengths and forcing him to play into his weaknesses. Is it any wonder this kid is showing no heart? They're destroying him and his career. And he knows it.

Player Development is a joke. The Seahawks do the opposite. Top Down? We know PC imparts his "vision" downhill. How forcefully? Who knows.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I was at the game yesterday with my son, and I find the characterization that the players on the Seahawks are going through the motions somewhat interesting (I've seen the video evidence).

Prior to the start of the game, both teams huddled on their sidelines. The energy displayed on the Seahawks sideline was a tenfold more than the energy shown on the Stealers sideline, which was relatively muted.

In hindsight, it looks to me that PC likes to pump up his team, and he is good at that. What I think, is missing from PC's coaching skills is a focus on assignments. It looked like the Stealers were locked in on their assignments, where the Seahawks were pumped up in general.

So, yeah, I think the Seahawks can benefit from an offensive minded coach that focuses on the fundamentals of execution. But I do not want a hard ass like Payton. I'd like to see Seattle go a bit younger at the position. Seattle has all the pieces there on offense to be really talented on offense. Seattle needs an innovative young offensive mind.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

Steeler's pretty consistently had four defensive linemen in 3 point stances.
Seahawk's rather consistently only had two defensive linemen in 3 point stances.

Just another observation.... (sigh)

renofox

Reaction score
Steeler's pretty consistently had four defensive linemen in 3 point stances.
Seahawk's rather consistently only had two defensive linemen in 3 point stances.

Just another observation.... (sigh)
This whole PC-mutated Fangio scheme has the Seahawks running 2-4-5 as a base. 2 down lineman with no true NT, 2 OLBs both on the light side, 1 slow ILB and 1 sometimes-LB-sometimes-safety in the off-ball LB roles.

The total weight of all players on the field is probably the lightest in the NFL.

90%+ of snaps are the 2 IDL and 2 Edge on the LOS with 1 slow LB in the middle.

Is it any wonder the run defense sucks?

Is it any wonder the players have checked out after spending almost an entire season running this idiotic scheme?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When I saw the play in the second quarter where the RB was just shuffling along down the field while the defense helped him, that's when I turned the game off.

Atrocious, disgusting "performance" by the defense. They should turn in their paychecks.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
This whole PC-mutated Fangio scheme has the Seahawks running 2-4-5 as a base. 2 down lineman with no true NT, 2 OLBs both on the light side, 1 slow ILB and 1 sometimes-LB-sometimes-safety in the off-ball LB roles.

The total weight of all players on the field is probably the lightest in the NFL.

90%+ of snaps are the 2 IDL and 2 Edge on the LOS with 1 slow LB in the middle.

Is it any wonder the run defense sucks?

Is it any wonder the players have checked out after spending almost an entire season running this idiotic scheme?
Agree with renofox!

That's why I have been kicking my feet & pounding my fists asking why we can't return to a more traditional 4-3 defense. Take away the opposition's ability to run, force them into 3rd and long situations, and then drop back a linebacker or two to cover underneath routes. There's no doubt in my mind that this Hawk's squad has most of the personnel needed for it.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem like any team can draft a true 3-4 nose tackle today. I'm a big supporter of Jarran Reed being back on this team, and I love his tenacity & quickness, but he's another 4-3 body type.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Remember the big question here a few weeks ago:

Has PC lost the locker room?

I think this is pretty convincing evidence that many players are just there for the paycheck and DGAF about winning.

We all know PC sucks at talent evaluation for both coaches and players, player development, Xs and Os, and gameday management. His one saving grace is "culture building" - and he now sucks at that, too.

So what does PC bring to the table?
PC brings a mediocre record and maybe a playoff berth with an early exit - every. Single. Year.

cymatica

Reaction score
Wonder if Adams has gotten in some of these players ears telling them not to risk injuries for coaches that will end up wasting their talent and putting them in a garbage scheme

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Diggs was great. Until he got injured. Then I think he started doing the math, maybe he has some lingering stuff though.
Woolen was never a physical player, still not sure if he is 100% - neither are excuses for what we saw though.