Playoff seeding now?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3te5cd00 said:
Polaris":3te5cd00 said:
OTOH things look much worse if Seattle loses. If Seattle loses, then Seattle is locked into the #6 seed and would play the winner of the Vikings @ Packers game, and I think that is almost surely going to be the Packers (regardless of how they played today).

So the NFL is gonna flex the CAR/TB game to 4:25 forcing the Cardinals to play to win....

I guess that means we get to play for the #1 seed and for a chance to send Seattle to Green Bay.

Love it.

If your goal is to have Seattle eliminated before AZ might have to face them, it seems strange to root for them to go to GB.

I mean, You guys just annihilated them, and they havent been playing good football at all.

If anyithing, it may benefit AZ to allow Seattle to win next weekend if the Carolina snags the one seed. Drawing Washington mght be a tougher game, and thus, ups the possibility that they get cleared out of your way.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
For some reason I thought there was no scenario we play GB in Lambeu in the WC round. What would have to happen for us to play GB in the WC round?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1gd0szfs said:
For some reason I thought there was no scenario we play GB in Lambeu in the WC round. What would have to happen for us to play GB in the WC round?

Seattle loses to AZ

GB beats Minnesota

Minnesota is the 5 seed at 10-6

Seattle is the 6 seed at 9-7

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3k9zsara said:
Hawk-Lock":3k9zsara said:

Seattle loses to AZ

GB beats Minnesota

Minnesota is the 5 seed at 10-6

Seattle is the 6 seed at 9-7

Yep. If Seattle wins next week, Seattle CAN NOT face Green Bay in the Wildcard round.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ul0zup71 said:
AZ_fan":ul0zup71 said:
So the NFL is gonna flex the CAR/TB game to 4:25 forcing the Cardinals to play to win....

I guess that means we get to play for the #1 seed and for a chance to send Seattle to Green Bay.

Love it.

If your goal is to have Seattle eliminated before AZ might have to face them, it seems strange to root for them to go to GB.

I mean, You guys just annihilated them, and they havent been playing good football at all.

If anyithing, it may benefit AZ to allow Seattle to win next weekend if the Carolina snags the one seed. Drawing Washington mght be a tougher game, and thus, ups the possibility that they get cleared out of your way.

I'm really up in the air on the topic... but I do think the NFL flexes the early game forcing us to play.

Washington has played pretty solid football lately and Cousins is looking like a franchise QB (minus the kneel down brain fart) but Washington still hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all season.

Green Bay on the other hand... well they haven't looked great either and were completely obliterated today (who was it that said our D was going to fall flat without HB?) but they still have Aaron Rodgers.

Tough decision and in the end I really don't care... I was just smiling in my earlier post at the thought of RW vs Aaron Rodgers on the frozen tundra. :th2thumbs:

NJlargent

Reaction score
If we lose next week I'm rooting for Minn to beat GB. If we win, I am rooting for GB to beat Minn.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1tddlf6j said:
Hawkpower":1tddlf6j said:
AZ_fan":1tddlf6j said:

Love it.

I'm really up in the air on the topic... but I do think the NFL flexes the early game forcing us to play.

Washington has played pretty solid football lately and Cousins is looking like a franchise QB (minus the kneel down brain fart) but Washington still hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all season.

Green Bay on the other hand... well they haven't looked great either and were completely obliterated today (who was it that said our D was going to fall flat without HB?) but they still have Aaron Rodgers.

Tough decision and in the end I really don't care... I was just smiling in my earlier post at the thought of RW vs Aaron Rodgers on the frozen tundra. :th2thumbs:

I'm smiling about it too, just probably not for the same reason you are.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2gw6cdld said:
I'm smiling about it too, just probably not for the same reason you are.

So much still undecided... bring on week 17.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/681334725953236992[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/681334892811034624[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/681335003007995904[/tweet]

Overseasfan

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3dw7bo97 said:
Polaris":3dw7bo97 said:
OTOH things look much worse if Seattle loses. If Seattle loses, then Seattle is locked into the #6 seed and would play the winner of the Vikings @ Packers game, and I think that is almost surely going to be the Packers (regardless of how they played today).

Love it.

Looks like you Card fans have a bit of a one-sided rivalry going on with us. Are you frustrated we made it out of mediocrity before you guys? Or just barking at the biggeat dog?

Polaris

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3r4a5v32 said:
So...root for the Vikings?

APUAl5m

There is one nightmare scenario you are missing.

If Minnesota and Green Bay TIE, then Seattle is the #6 seed and goes to Lambeau Field no matter what, i.e. the Arizona game becomes absolutely meaningless.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Overseasfan":39kfvogc said:
Looks like you Card fans have a bit of a one-sided rivalry going on with us. Are you frustrated we made it out of mediocrity before you guys? Or just barking at the biggeat dog?

Isn't that what you guys want? I keep hearing the road to the SB goes thru Seattle... 2x NFC champs that have to be knocked off their perch. If you can't run with the big dogs get off the porch...

Aren't you guys the biggest dog in the NFC until proven otherwise?

... and no I'm not frustrated. Nothing in the past matters.

Latest posts