PLEASE !!! don't resign Penny.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":tgmeogl0 said:
The more players we sign that have been the problem, the more chances we have of being 7-10 again !!! Stupidity in the first place, should dictate that we cut him, rather than doubling down .

WE WON'T WIN A CHAMPSHIP WITH HIM !!!

You think signing a running back will destroy a championship? Why?

And how could you possibly describe Penny as a recent problem? He was an initial sunk cost that exploded to pretty much carry the offense down the stretch. This is a problem?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
There's a 1/32 chance that no Seahawks roster makes it, regardless of whether one of the players is Penny. Does Penny alone change that figure in any meaningful way by himself?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
In a perfect world Penny would sign a fair deal with Seattle and he would continue his tear from last season, but this isnt a perfect world. Most likely scenario is Seattle will overpay for him and he'll get hurt again, or another team signs him and he goes into the HOF.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Good grief. What a dumb thread. Of course you sign him for an incentive laden deal, and make sure you have plan b and c on the roster also. I can't believe this is even a point of discussion.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
With Carson's future uncertain and Penny currently healthy, I'd lean toward being in favor of resigning Penny. If Carson isn't healthy for 2022 season, they would know fairly early. Sign Penny, draft a rb, and then cutting Carson post-June 1 will save $4.9M in 2022. They would have $1.5M dead cap for 2022 and then $1.5M dead cap in 2023 for Carson. He's going to be UFA in 2023 anyway.

The Seahawks have plenty of $ to spend, they can easily make a fair offer for both sides to Penny if they choose to do so.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/christopher-carson-21991/

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
"Just sign him to an incentive-laden deal!"

Has it occurred to some of us that Penny's strong close precludes that as a possibility?

So let me amend that. Sign him to an incentive-laden contract and if another team is dumb enough to break the bank on an oft-injured running back you let them.

I wouldn't bet a penny on Penny staying healthy next year.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Seems simple to me, 1, maybe 2 year deal if we have to compete with another offer.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Hurt
Hurt
Hurt...
Oh crap,. I need a contract...lets FINALLY play through some pain....

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
What if…?

What if the Penny we saw at the end of the ‘21 season is the real Penny? What if the rash of injuries to start his career is just an unlucky outlier? If these two statements have even a modicum of truth to them, then he must be resigned. At the very least, we have seen his upside and that upside has more truth to it than any possible draft choice could provide. No matter where a guy is chosen in the draft, there are still questions to whether or not he can play at the NFL level. That goes for the first overall pick to Undrafted free agents and every single guy in between. Hype and potential only get you an opportunity. What you do with that opportunity is where the success and chance to be part of the NFL happens. We know Penny can play and play at an extremely high level.

Resigning him is an easy decision. I’m looking forward to it!

mrblitz

Reaction score
They should get Kamari Pleasant from the Huskies to add into the RB mix.

Latest posts