Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Extension

Votes: 97 75.8%
  • Playing Final Year on Contract

Votes: 20 15.6%

• Total voters

djb28

Reaction score
I would love him to stay. I would HATE to see AP here! I have to watch him regularly with my Dad as it is his team. That guy is not a "Great" runner. He has more negative yardage plays than positive. consistently. He needs a great line to produce. I think of Alexander when I mention AP. I am sure many will disagree. It is just my yearly observations.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful that Bevell "resigns" in a month or so paving the way for Beast to extend. He may extend anyway but there's obviously less chance of that if the douchebag stays. Yo Pete, do the right thing here!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":hxehyqyj said:
I think the chances he plays another down for us after what we just did to him are pretty slim. He'll holdout and demand a trade.

I voted "extension" but that is honestly just my optimism. What Tical wrote is the crux of it: how exactly is Lynch going to react to this, and what will he do going forward ? Lynch isn't a guy that cares too much about the money, and he's willing to walk away and leave money on the table.

I hear some common themes so I'll address them generally:

Marshawn Lynch isn't worth an extension because he's about to fall off the cliff.

The toughest thing to do is call when a player declines due to injuries. Lynch has been battling his back for a while. The biggest thing he has going for him, is that he hasn't had any major lower extremity injuries. These slow you down more than anything. Lynch just busted the longest run of his career last year. He still has burst and strength, and is still quick enough to make guys miss in space and beat LBers in coverage. His ypc isn't going down, even though his OL leaves much to be desired. Make no mistake; most other backs would look terrible behind our OL. He literally carries our running offense.

As for Mizzou's comment: extending Lynch another 2 years doesn't have to be stupid. I don't know what his cap hit is, but his salary is 5.5 mil and if I remember correctly they forwarded him some cash last year. If we did a 3 year extension, they could front him most of his guaranteed money in the first 2 years, and if he falls off, you can cut him for a cap savings the last year. We are expecting the FO to backload Wilson's contract anways, pushing it off until the salary cap expands enough that it doesn't effect us as badly (think Flacco's contract now).

Lynch is productive. He has heart. He loves him team mates. We managed his reps pretty well this year, giving him more of a break with Turbin and Michael. If the coaching staff talks to Lynch and explains to him that they are resting him for the playoffs and trying to extend his career, I can't see how he would have an issue if Pete makes it clear they care about him and are trying to do what's best for him.

It really comes down to whether we can make him happy, and if there really is a schism between Lynch and Bevell or whether it's just fan fabrication.

Hawks46

Reaction score
One other question:

What's the fascination with Adrian Peterson here ? He's still under contract with Minnesota and they've said they're bringing him back. He's also due 12 million dollars, so that might be a reason they trade him.

I also question why people keep saying Peterson would be cheap to bring in, and I've even read "1/3 the price of Lynch" . Insanity. Jerry Jones alone would cut 5 guys and over pay greatly for Peterson's services, and there are a ton of teams like the Raiders and Cleveland that would pay a ton to get him as well. Peterson won't be cheap. I also don't think he fits our scheme well.

Latest posts