Poll: Time to Lay Your Cards on the Table

What is the more pressing issue: Coaching, or talent?

• Coaching.

• Talent.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hoxrox

Reaction score
How much is Pete influencing Waldron's play calling?

Serious question.
Pete literally called out the play calling in today's presser.

So the answer is "not enough"

The situational lack of awareness by Waldron is real.

But it's up to Pete to self-scout and get it fixed.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
The same logic I believe in when it comes to Pete Carroll coached Seahawk teams. Whats the difference between making the playoffs and losing every season in the early rounds or not making the playoffs at all? Nothing really so why not welcome in change at the coaching position to see what can happen?
The only difference is we have a chance. Pull a Giants.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
The same logic I believe in when it comes to Pete Carroll coached Seahawk teams. Whats the difference between making the playoffs and losing every season in the early rounds or not making the playoffs at all? Nothing really so why not welcome in change at the coaching position to see what can happen?
And the other part…we don’t know who we get next. A Frank Reich, Daboll, Rivera’s of the world. People just assume it will be better.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
And we could certainly become worse for a change, but accepting mediocrity for fear that things could get worse is a miserable existence for a sports fan. Especially a fan of a franchise where success is still recent enough to almost still taste.
I agree 100%. Bears are tanking for two years to pile up draft picks. Most people on the Bears forum think this is a brilliant way to build a winner.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And the other part…we don’t know who we get next. A Frank Reich, Daboll, Rivera’s of the world. People just assume it will be better.

Nobody is assuming it will be better (it could be), heck i'm assuming it will probably be worse, but you have to try something at this point instead of being stuck in this limbo.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Well, the coordinators installed this spread offense, and the 3-4 scheme. So many teams are using both of those systems now, that I just feel like the talent pool to run either one of them successfully has been watered down.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Pete literally called out the play calling in today's presser.

So the answer is "not enough"

The situational lack of awareness by Waldron is real.

But it's up to Pete to self-scout and get it fixed.
That's just run vs. pass.

Which Pete needs to definitel stay on top of, as he is wearing a headset.

What is spooky is the lack of outside zone runs. And the play passes that come off of it.

Waldron comes from the McVay/Shanny school where that is their bread 'n butter play. That they build everything off of.

He comes to the Seahawks and becomes a duo and inside zone guy, and uses very little playaction?

Which is exactly what Pete was running before Waldron got here.

Throws deep down the field outside the numbers? Ignoring the middle of the field? Pete's stench is all over this offense.

If they were running more of what the Rams/49ers run, I'd be far more critical of Waldron. But it looks more like the Pete offense to me. With some Waldron sprinkles.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
"Lay your cards on the table!"

Proceeds to make a poll that asks us to choose between two intangible options that can be retroactively argued either way when we come back to this.

This is the game, folks.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The same dudes that are scared of coaching changes. Are the same dudes stuck in a loveless relationship scared to leave in fear of being alone. 😨

The Eagles in the last 8 years.

Fired Andy Reed, fired Chip Kelly, Won a Super Bowl with Doug Pedersen, fired him. Now have gone back to a Super Bowl with Nick Siriani.

While the Seahawks have been 9-7, 10-6. Doing nothing in the playoffs in that span. No NFCCGs.

flv2

Reaction score
To actually answer the question…the coaching staff needs to keep developing the talent. You didn’t have an option for that.
This is the crux of the problem. The only position the 2023 offense looks to be better than the 2022 version at is WR3. Health has certainly been a factor this year but saying the previous year's team was healthier than league average invariably incurs the wrath of the fan base. (That's pretty much every fan base).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fired Andy Reed, fired Chip Kelly, Won a Super Bowl with Doug Pedersen, fired him. Now have gone back to a Super Bowl with Nick Siriani.
This is an unsustainable model that cannot be easily replicated, and hasn't been replicated anywhere else.

Each coach was fired only after the wheels fell off hard. Each coach has individually gone on to be successful elsewhere, with Reid winning more Super Bowls as the head coach of the Chiefs, including one against the Eagles.

The merit with the Eagles lies with hiring good coaches, not firing good coaches.

flv2

Reaction score
It's a good roster and a good coaching staff but there's a lack of difference makers or elite talent. Very hard to reach a championship game without them.

JGreen79

Reaction score
How are you perceiving growth when the same mishaps happen year in and year out regardless of the new faces and different players? And your perfectly fine with leading the league in penalties every year? Penalties that cost them wins?

Count me as not getting it.

Oh please... Seattle has led the league in penalties a grand total of three times since Pete's been here... Two of those times Seattle played in the super bowl. 2017, 2014, 2013.

They've only been bottom five in four of the years, adding 2011 to the years above.

If you're going to try to make a point at least have a valid one.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
"Lay your cards on the table!"

Proceeds to make a poll that asks us to choose between two intangible options that can be retroactively argued either way when we come back to this.

This is the game, folks.
No, you're projecting.

Just getting a guage on where everyone is at.

The poll shows the vast majority agree with me.

You have a personal agenda with me. Which is fine. Goofy, but fine. Try to stay on topic in the threads though, rather than making everything so personal in the future in the hopes of derailment.

The coaching is the clear issue with the team from my standpoint. But I welcome all compelling arguments that can be made in however they see it.

Coaching is their main issue at present, detailed in an earlier post.