• Draft someone Day 3

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is strictly what you want to see happen and not what you are predicting Pete and John to do. I’m curious what people are thinking right now

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yeah. I would like a QB in the top 5. But if we have to wait then Dorian Thompson Robinson is my pick. I am still perplexed why/how so many want Hooker as their development QB? DTR is a project but he has plenty of traits to work with.
DTR had some nice plays against my Huskies! I agree!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
On one hand, the thought of putting Anthony Richardson in a perfect situation here is extremely enticing, and has a great chance to pay real dividends in a couple of years.

On the other hand, the constant hand-wringing here of "PUT RICHARDSON IN UGHRHDHS PETE DO IT DO IT DINOSAUR PETE DO IT" by halftime of game 1 and after every single incomplete pass would drive me certifiably insane.

Bring in a vet. Dalton or something. For my sanity.

Zybot

Reaction score
Yeah. I would like a QB in the top 5. But if we have to wait then Dorian Thompson Robinson is my pick. I am still perplexed why/how so many want Hooker as their development QB? DTR is a project but he has plenty of traits to work with.
What about Stetson Bennett?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
On one hand, the thought of putting Anthony Richardson in a perfect situation here is extremely enticing, and has a great chance to pay real dividends in a couple of years.

On the other hand, the constant hand-wringing here of "PUT RICHARDSON IN UGHRHDHS PETE DO IT DO IT DINOSAUR PETE DO IT" by halftime of game 1 and after every single incomplete pass would drive me certifiably insane.

I might have been thinking about getting on the Richardson bandwagon until you brought up the impending hand wringing of dot netters clamoring for his playing time. Don’t think my sanity could take it. yikes!

bileever

Reaction score
If Schneider decides to sign Lock, it will be because the Seahawks have seen enough in practice to bring him back. I think the problem with a first-round QB is that if you don't play him fairly early, like by year 2, you're wasting the time that he's on his rookie deal. The main problem is that none of the top QBs this year look elite to me. I like Bryce Young, but he has flaws. None of them are the second coming of Patrick Mahomes.

WarHawks

Reaction score

Good point.

Rat

Reaction score
If we don't land AR15, I'd be thrilled with Hooker if he's there with our early second rounder and his recovery from his ACL tear is going well. Otherwise, I think Taylor Heineke or Blaine Gabbert would be excellent backup options for next season. Both have shown they can come in and manage a game well if the starter gets hurt.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I said it before and I'll keep saying it. Hendon Hooker, should be our guy!

I don't care about "projected draft order". I don't think he's a reach at pick #20. He's got first round talent, without the injury, he'd be in the 1st round conversation. The value is there, doesn't matter what pundits think. If we don't get him another team will. I just know he's gonna be a great pick for some team. Just too much talent. Of course there are NFL teams that can destroy him, but hopefully he goes where he can prosper and hopefully here.

Rat

Reaction score
I said it before and I'll keep saying it. Hendon Hooker, should be our guy!

I don't care about "projected draft order". I don't think he's a reach at pick #20. He's got first round talent, without the injury, he'd be in the 1st round conversation. The value is there, doesn't matter what pundits think. If we don't get him another team will. I just know he's gonna be a great pick for some team. Just too much talent. Of course there are NFL teams that can destroy him, but hopefully he goes where he can prosper and hopefully here.
Hooker is really good, I was hyping him for us all season. I don't think he'd be a reach at 20 either. His age concerns are way overrated; he's nearly eight years younger than the guy we just gave a $100 million contract to. I would want to make extra sure he checks out medically before investing a first rounder though.

Maui12thman

Reaction score
I like Henson Hooker, but off an injury and due to his age, wouldn’t want to use more than a third on the pick. But Seattle off the Geno signing, is there. Better fit/situation?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I guess in the end I don't really care that Geno is signed. Yes I have faith Geno, with the right supporting cast can take us to the superb owl. I don't think he's quite as "clutch" as some QBs, but I think it's foolish to write him off as a guy who can't take us there. It's really about the team around him.

Its funny how quickly people forget Geno is the Seahawks single season passing leader, ALL TIME! Yep, beats Krieg, Zorn, Hasselbeck and even Wilson. No QB has produced better n a single season. It's insane to think about that, though he did have one more game than any other QB to do it in.

All the same you don't waste a chance at a QB of the future, especially when you have a veteran like Geno under contract, when you have this kinda draft capital you gotta use it.

Yes we need defense too, but honestly I think there's more value in a first round quarterback prospect and it may be the last time in a while we have this kind of draft capital.

chris98251

Reaction score
Draft Stroud if he is there, give me a processor between the ears, accuracy and decent mobility and he is young which will give him time for growth and to mature more. If not resign Lock.