Poll: which road game do we lose?

Which road game do the Seahawks most likely lose?

• @Eagles

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • @Panthers

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • @Rams

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Shut up dude, we winning all 3 and going 8-0 on the road! Woo!!

Votes: 56 58.9%
  • Y'all losing more than 1 fool. Go 49ers

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
5-0 on the road this year. Incredible. Phenomenal. Unbelievable.
Of the upcoming 3 road games against the Eagles, Rams and Panthers, which one do you see the most likely for Seattle to lose?

Side discussion as well, what do you guys think is the biggest factor for the 5-0 road start this year? Is there something special Pete is doing? Is it in the resilience of this team? Or something else?

I never pictured this team starting 5-0 on the road. The Seahawks consistently log the most travel points due to geographical location (duh) so it makes it all that more exciting seeing their success when away from the CLink, where we're 3-2 thus far.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a great question. Pete has clearly instilled a belief thru that entire team that giving up is never an option. They just win close games on the regular. It's a trip, but the leadership of Pete, the coaches, the players that are leaders etc. They are all doing an amazing job of not panicking when many teams would fold under the pressure.
Obviously, 8-2 is a shock with all the young players and talent lost here. But, it certainly isn't a shock to those players and coaches. As frustrated as Pete can be, he's clearly doing a hell of a job to continue to do what Sherm claimed he couldn't...….keeping players listening to his rah rah stuff. It works, and it has for many years with that guy.
Also, as much flack as Shotty gets, and for good reason...…...he has done a hell of a job adjusting lately. His game plan vs. the Niners was brilliant imo.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The never give up belief is what won the Niners game. That team is not yet mentally tough enough to realize the game ain't over until it is actually over. The Digits have a good team but they can be beaten and will now start to lose a few games. The blue print for success has been shown to rest of the league.

I think the team has a good shot to win all 8 road games am not discounting either the Eagles or Panthers, but the Rams game will definitely be one that will require the team to be mentally tough. The divisional games are toughest.

In the end I thought the quantum improvement by the D won the last game, the O played well but could be stronger and fumble less.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I wouldn't have considered the Eagles game at all if it hadn't gotten flexed. Now it's a bit of a concern. Plus if they lose to the Patriots this Sunday they're going to be quite desperate for a W against the Hawks.

Panthers could be a letdown after a Monday night game vs. Vikings and then Hawks have to travel across country. However, slow down McCaffrey and we can win. Their QB is a true game manager though and those guys have given Seattle fits over the years.

Rams? Offense is a mess. O-line now down their starting C for the year and missing I believe 3 of the starters they had play every game last year. D is very legit still. Stop their run game and make Goff beat you is always the formula and it does work.

I'll go with the Carolina game. As mentioned, short week, cross country, etc. Would love to win all 3 of course.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To piggyback on what Jammer said, it's a very good point. The Hawks know how to finish games, better than most teams in the NFL. I'm not going to fool myself in to thinking the Niners are not a very good team. But when it's on the line in big games, there's still a lot of football left. If I was a Niners fan, I would be very worried about Jimmy G in the clutch. He looked scared, period. He should have thrown 5 or 6 picks in that game. Especially the 2 (that were easy game enders) that were missed by KJ and Wags. KJ's was next level easy, Wags would have made a killer play to get his but still.....

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't see us losing any of those. Rams have lost their offense. Philly is depleted, and we are road dogs.

Panthers ???...nope not convinced they are anything other than middling on their best day.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd have to pick the Rams.

I know they're not as good as last year, but something about playing both the Niners and Rams brings out some wacky crazy stuff that happens that keeps all these games going down to the wire.

So I could see us going into LA against a VERY desperate Rams team still scratching and clawing for a playoff spot, and some bad things happening with turnovers, punt return or Greg the Leg doing his stupid 65 yard FG to win the game type nonsense.

D

DomeHawk

We are going to win them all and we're going to win them UGLY!!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ryrjutl said:
DomeHawk":1ryrjutl said:
Maybe we should change our Head Coach then to someone capable of winning pretty.

The Pete Carroll way... if football was a prizefight... winning ugly

First, we wear their knuckles out with our chin, as they hit us repeatedly, and we start wobbling, and look ready to fall. SF, 10-0. Then, our opponent realizes how badly their hand is hurting from hitting us with uppercut after uppercut on the chin. They stop for a moment to inspect their bruised and bloody hand, and look over at us, and say to themselves, "How the fork are y'all still standing?" Well, now that we've got them softened up, we take a couple steps and hit them smack in the nose and mouth with a left-right jab. Now, the fight is on. Clowney fumble reTD, 10-7. They're staggered, and come back over, and start swinging uppercuts at our chin again. We block most of them, and continue jabbing them in the face, messing up their nose, knocking out a few teeth. Hollister TD, 14-10. Carson TD, 21-10. They punch back with a TD and 2 point conversion, 21-18; Next you know both teams are staggering and wobbly, and it's going to come down to who lands the next big shot. We have Russell, so it's probably gonna be us still standing at the end.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hgwellz12":45ym7q6i said:
I honestly see us winning out on the road. The closest game will be @ LA but we still pull it off! :irishdrinkers:
Is that you in your avatar? Regardless, I remember seeing that guy in the stands in Cleveland and thinking "dude is the man". Love the old school Steve jersey as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did they really "punch back?"
No, there was a blatant Facemask that was ignored by choice by the refs. They chose to ignore what everyone could see, magically it's a 3 point game. Hawks were up 11, controlling the game, and should have had an automatic first down around mid field, all while killing that clock.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4m6tz0c1 said:
Also, as much flack as Shotty gets, and for good reason...…...he has done a hell of a job adjusting lately. His game plan vs. the Niners was brilliant imo.

“...and for good reason”. WTF?

I think Schotty has maybe called 4 bad games for us in his 2 years. His red zone calls have been pretty much money since he arrived. He’s been a very solid coordinator IMO. Probably the best since Holmgren.

I think everyone just ruminates on the Cowboys playoff game. That’s the only time I think he really didn’t do a good job. I don’t think that qualifies as a good reason for giving the guy a bunch of “flack”.

Anyways I like our chances in every road game left but I think any one of them is losable as well. I’d probably go Rams as the most likely loss since its a divisional game and the Rams may be on their last desperate shot for a playoff spot.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mz3oavs said:
I'd have to pick the Rams.

I know they're not as good as last year, but something about playing both the Niners and Rams brings out some wacky crazy stuff that happens that keeps all these games going down to the wire.

So I could see us going into LA against a VERY desperate Rams team still scratching and clawing for a playoff spot, and some bad things happening with turnovers, punt return or Greg the Leg doing his stupid 65 yard FG to win the game type nonsense.

While all that is plausible, let's just hope you're WILDLY wrong. ;)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":nr8suy1c said:
DomeHawk":nr8suy1c said:
Maybe we should change our Head Coach then to someone capable of winning pretty.

LOL!

Pretty or ugly they are still scored as a W and at the end of the season it’s only the W’s that count.

The team goes 14-2 but the critics are unlikely to say: “Those Seahawks went 14-2 but 90% of those Ws were ugly”.

We need to focus upon the fact that the team wit h all those ugly Ws is in contention for a playoff bye and is firmly in the discussion asa playoff contender. 8-2 overall so far, 3-0 in the Division, only 1 conference L, that is a solid record ugly or not.

MexHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":41usj3em said:
First, we wear their knuckles out with our chin, as they hit us repeatedly, and we start wobbling, and look ready to fall. SF, 10-0. Then, our opponent realizes how badly their hand is hurting from hitting us with uppercut after uppercut on the chin. They stop for a moment to inspect their bruised and bloody hand, and look over at us, and say to themselves, "How the fork are y'all still standing?" Well, now that we've got them softened up, we take a couple steps and hit them smack in the nose and mouth with a left-right jab. Now, the fight is on. Clowney fumble reTD, 10-7. They're staggered, and come back over, and start swinging uppercuts at our chin again. We block most of them, and continue jabbing them in the face, messing up their nose, knocking out a few teeth. Hollister TD, 14-10. Carson TD, 21-10. They punch back with a TD and 2 point conversion, 21-18; Next you know both teams are staggering and wobbly, and it's going to come down to who lands the next big shot. We have Russell, so it's probably gonna be us still standing at the end.

That was great! Thank you :2thumbs:

Chapow

Reaction score
I really like their chances of winning all 3 of those games and finishing the regular season 8-0 on the road.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, we could drop all 3 nearly as easily as winning all 3. If we have learned anything about the 2019 Seahawks is that these games are maddeningly close.

Latest posts