• Seahawks

Votes: 50 53.8%
  • Broncos

Votes: 43 46.2%

• Total voters

Chapow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":vv4jg6gc said:
Way too early to tell. It matters on what those picks with a combination of the players they got turn into.
If they draft McDowell types, then it’s bad. If they draft Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, KamTrack talent it will be great.

I am hoping that Pete and John are out of the “smartest guys in the room” and “project” phases.

And on the flip side, it matters what happens in Denver. If they either don't make the playoffs, or get bounced quickly, for the next 2 years, and then are staring down the barrel of having to shell out a massive contract in the range of 50mil+ per year or else losing a guy they just traded 5 picks and 3 players for, then that's pretty bad too.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Right now the Broncos have won the trade, maybe that will change in the future. We'll see.

chris98251

Reaction score
Get a former first rounder and two other role players, Lock probably isn't the guy but we also get like 5 draft picks 2 firsts 2 seconds, a 5th, they also gain a lot of cap room going forward which may be the biggest aspect not talked about.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":2fub08br said:
toffee":2fub08br said:
No need to explore opportunities any more, go Russ.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Why did he want to explore opportunities, though?

There need to explore was never there, but Russ did explore, so he wanted to explore. As to why, only Russ or John63 could answer, it's above my paygrade.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has won anything just yet. Although I feel the Seahawks gained a lot of clarity of the direction they now want to go. Before the trade it was do you continue to mortgage the draft or push money down the road to go “ALL-IN” for an possibly better than outside chance to compete OR do you remain stagnant and hope you hit on enough players in the draft and 2nd tier free agents plus a lot luck to have an outside chance to compete. I don’t think their was enough cap space or draft ammunition to compete with some of these NFC rosters either way.

However, the one thing I haven’t seen mentioned or brought up especially to those who think Denver won or fleeced the Hawks is how a 33 year old Russ is not only going to handle new coaches, new teammates, new scheme, and a new city with an ever busy schedule. But him going from Sea Level to Mile High and more importantly now having to ball in severe cold which historically IMO he has been muted in cold/bad weather games. Not to factor any deep playoff push likely goes through the likes of KC, Buff, Cincy, and NE. All cold weather cities.

Food for thought.

Elemas

Reaction score
I hope Russ tears it up. Average 400+ yards a game in the air. 75 on the ground. MVP. Let’s see him cook (*gag*).

Oh yah…Need to add that I’d like Denver to lose every damn game they play for the next 2 years as well.

One can wish…

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point on the trade Clause. Look, if Russ said no to TWO big offers, it's hard to blame the front office for not getting the best deal overall. But, people don't put 2 and 2 together and would rather just say the front office got fleeced.
That being said, Hawks win is a ahead in the pole, which is a shock :irishdrinkers:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1smwiige said:
"Russ' best days are long gone"

Based on what?

A freak accident where he broke his finger?

Despite missing games with injury, last two seasons the dude has 7,500 yards 69 total touchdowns to 19 picks.

what a slump better get rid of him :lol:

If you're strategically happy with the trade then more power to you but this BS that Russ suddenly sucks is total nonsense.
Russ with legs,running game and a D covered a lot of flaws on his end.
Age and a big head have not done much for him but exposed him.
We won the trade..There was better offers but Russ shut those off
with that stupid no trade clause..Never give anyone that again.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3f2e36dn said:
That being said, Hawks win is a ahead in the pole, which is a shock :irishdrinkers:

Because people forgot what it was like not to have even a decent QB.

The Broncos know, which is why they traded for him.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33asxg9u said:
Good point on the trade Clause. Look, if Russ said no to TWO big offers, it's hard to blame the front office for not getting the best deal overall. But, people don't put 2 and 2 together and would rather just say the front office got fleeced.

I don't blame people for being disappointed. We've been hearing for the past few years about how we would get this absolute haul if Russ were to ever be moved, and after all that, the return is a little underwhelming. The Jamal Adams disaster hurts their negotiating credibility a bit, but I think the front office probably did as well as they could. I would have liked to have seen us push for getting Garrett Boles into the deal, even if it meant giving back something else. That no-trade clause prevented a bidding war and absolutely destroyed our leverage though. For me at this point, it's not even a question of whether they got the most they could have, but rather whether they should have done it at all.

I'm OK with it. The biggest thing for me in this whole debate the past year was that I just didn't want to be the team that gives Russ his next big contract. I feel like the late 30's version of Russ is more likely to be Ben Roethlisberger than Aaron Rodgers. This was an acceptable ending.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is like asking how my dinner's going to taste tonight.

We won't know who won the trade for at least a year or two until we see how Russell plays in Denver, and more importantly how well John and Pete (or a new coach and/or GM if things go horrifically wrong this season) rebuild the Hawks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zi0eh80 said:

We won't know who won the trade for at least a year or two until we see how Russell plays in Denver, and more importantly how well John and Pete (or a new coach and/or GM if things go horrifically wrong this season) rebuild the Hawks.

That's a long time to wait to find out if supper tasted good... :lol:

But I agree; we cannot really know for a while. But at this moment, there's a sense of excitement having the "potential" these picks and new players afford and the opportunity to see someone else under center.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
And the balanced voting suggest the deal was probably fair and even-handed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3ebydzzi said:
Sgt. Largent":3ebydzzi said:

That's a long time to wait to find out if supper tasted good... :lol:

But I agree; we cannot really know for a while. But at this moment, there's a sense of excitement having the "potential" these picks and new players afford and the opportunity to see someone else under center.

I've yet to hear one person I respect say the Hawks got fleeced.

But again, it'll all depend on how Wilson plays, and how successful our rebuild is to say who won.

But on paper? Seems like a fair trade to me.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
sprhawk73":17kpqhos said:
It sure is strange, initially I was not a fan of RW. He is an improved version of Brett Favre and I'm not sure we have ever seen his full blown talent for ad lib and evasion. The magic comes by finding ways to win, unplanned and unscripted, he's at his best. Most of us can remember what it was like watching Brett but RW isn't as reckless. I still wonder what it would have looked like with his reigns off. Making him a pocket passer is a mistake, he should roll out on every passing play.

RW has legitimately carried this team since the end of LOB, yeah, winning is nice but so are higher draft picks.

The writing is on the wall, If we don't trade RW it will continue like it has until he is no longer a top QB and unable to work his magic. It's been fun but now is the time.

I said days before the trade and it still holds, I wish RW well but the good times are behind him.

We got far more than what he is currently worth imo.

Elemas

Reaction score
Likewise. I haven’t heard one person I respect say we came out on top. Not here. Not on some of the other sites I hit. Generally speaking, the overall feeling is we jacked this up.

I do believe it had to be done. But I also believe we could’ve avoided this had we taken action at the ignition point…2018 playoff game against Dallas. The one where we ran up the gut vs a stacked box against one of the premier run defenses in the league at the time. Pete expected Russ to bail him out near the end.

But…this is what’s left. Many of you are foaming at the mouth. Ready to show everyone that you were right about Russ this whole time. Condemning him for wanting out of a system with a stubborn coach that had a philosophy that didn’t grow with the team’s strengths. Perhaps PC and JS can recreate that early magic.

I expect excuses for the next several years though.

But this is what’s left. Whatever. Frankly, it’s more exciting than it’s ever been. But if you’re expecting success in the next 2-3 years…it’s not happening.

chris98251

Reaction score
Krieg and Hass were both decent QB's, Wilson hit the perfect storm of a matured defense that was and could be called one the best ever, a RB that was not going to be denied and a O line that was decent.

Hass never had a defense that supported him like Wilson but still went to a Super Bowl and we know the Bettis bowl was the fix of the century,, Krieg was handcuffed by Knox most the time, if he would have let Krieg actually pass more and trust him we may have got to the dance then, Chuck was not one to adjust and trust his QB's.

Wilson is and was good, but not like we never had talent here before at the position.