Possible Seahawks trade

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why the reaction is so overwhelmingly negative despite all indicators pointing towards this being a solid move if no blue-chip positional talents remain when pick 5 rolls around?
Probably because the assumption that there will be no blue-chip positional talents when pick 5 rolls around is not universally shared.

If we're going to give up the #5 pick, I'd want more for it than what was proposed.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
It's really not that bad. It's actually a decent win on both the Johnson and Rich Hill charts if Washington doesn't make a deep playoff run in 2023.

I'm curious as to why the reaction is so overwhelmingly negative despite all indicators pointing towards this being a solid move if no blue-chip positional talents remain when pick 5 rolls around?

I mean, I get future picks are devalued, but they're devalued more by the human need for instant gratification than anything else.
if there's no blue chips at #5, i'd consider that trade. would still require another ~3rd round pick from the commanders thrown in to make it happen. it would 'suck now' but next year we'd likely be looking at additional top 10 pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
if there's no blue chips at #5, i'd consider that trade. would still require another ~3rd round pick from the commanders thrown in to make it happen. it would 'suck now' but next year we'd likely be looking at additional top 10 pick.
It wouldn't even suck now, for me. I would be deeply, deeply disappointed if they were forced to take a Tyree or something in the top-5.

In no universe would I reject the prospect of having two firsts this year and two firsts next year for the right to select Tyree Wilson or a similar talent.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Probably because the assumption that there will be no blue-chip positional talents when pick 5 rolls around is not universally shared.

If we're going to give up the #5 pick, I'd want more for it than what was proposed.
It's not an assumption, it's a condition. I'd be happy with the trade IF the board fell poorly.

Pretty bad year to have the fifth pick, really.

CPHawk

Reaction score
1) The new regime is anti Murray and wants a new QB - highly unlikely with it being cap painful and drama intense.

2) They see Carter as a generational talent and tone setter - extremely unlikely and could go the opposite direction culturally if he really does have motivational and or behavioral issues.

3) They see Anderson as a generational talent and tone setter - 50/50 given positive chatter on leadership / character, having produced at a valued position, and testing solidly if not spectacularly at the combine.

Personally I’d trade out for the draft stock, but as a new HC Gannon may value culture setting over volume restocking of talent.
Anti Murray? If they draft a QB, he will force a trade. He’s a big baby.

Carter has done exactly nothing to prove he is a generational talent. He’s a classic high pick in a NBA draft, only picked based on potential. And you hope he figures it out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Now into four pages on a speculative subject with no link.

👌 I suppose, but this time of brings a lot of this type of speculative stuff with alleged substance.

I guess it depends on who is there when the team is slated to pick @ 5.

James in PA

Reaction score
If the Cards wanted a QB this would be a GREAT year to pick at #5.
I still think the Turds will trade their pick. Anderson is a great player but not as highly regarded as someone like Bosa was coming out and they have holes to fill.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It wouldn't even suck now, for me. I would be deeply, deeply disappointed if they were forced to take a Tyree or something in the top-5.

In no universe would I reject the prospect of having two firsts this year and two firsts next year for the right to select Tyree Wilson or a similar talent.
I agree after the QB’s if you grade then high and Anderson I think it’s a fairly significant drop off. I’m not even sure Wilson is a fit in our system but regardless I don’t want to force it at 5 and I’m usually against trading out of a pick that high but this year it seems warranted

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Anti Murray? If they draft a QB, he will force a trade. He’s a big baby.

Carter has done exactly nothing to prove he is a generational talent. He’s a classic high pick in a NBA draft, only picked based on potential. And you hope he figures it out.
Anti Murray as in ready to move on. Not sure they could even trade him given the cap hits.

Agreed on Carter and frankly I don’t even see the growth potential.

samwize77

Reaction score
Isn't it a possibility that a team can offer to trade with us, AND include a player(s) while also paying their salary(s)?...

Ruminator

Reaction score
I don't have to !

I'm not your bitch, if you are un capable of doing a little leg work, you don't deserve to be here. I'm not your subordinate, and won't take orders from you, got it !
If no one provides legitimate links to substantiate information they assert is out there, then anyone can claim anything about anything, and the disucssion forums would quickly resemble the National Enquirer and lose the majority of its reality-preferring members. I consider posts with assertions of something significant as real and "published somewhere," but lacking at least one respectable link, worthy of 1) a prompt request by admin to provide the needed link(s), followed by 2) thread deletion within 24 hours in the event of failure to produce said link.

Jac

Reaction score
It's really not that bad. It's actually a decent win on both the Johnson and Rich Hill charts if Washington doesn't make a deep playoff run in 2023.

I mean, I get future picks are devalued, but they're devalued more by the human need for instant gratification than anything else.
Because the Commanders would want up there to take the last remaining top-end QB prospect. That means we should expect to extract more value from them. I'd expect at least their second rounder (not their fourth) was part of this deal.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Because the Commanders would want up there to take the last remaining top-end QB prospect. That means we should expect to extract more value from them. I'd expect at least their second rounder (not their fourth) was part of this deal.
At the end of the day, that's QB4 on the board. There's only so much value you can extract from QB4. He's QB4 because less teams want him.

chris98251

Reaction score
My friends friend sister's boyfriends brother said Carson Palmer is signing with the Seahawk's it's true book it. No Link but I trust the source!

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
But I did provide a source and its has been confirmed. I' m running on a PS4 system you tell me how to do it and I'll do it. Otherwise stop this witch hunton a old man. Hyperlink, phewy ! Its lazy kids with the power to ban this old man. So do it and delect me and this thread. So much for trying to help me. Well at least I get to say good bye to all my good friends.

Cheers and good bye! I loved you all.

chris98251

Reaction score
But I did provide a source and its has been confirmed. I' m running on a PS4 system you tell me how to do it and I'll do it. Otherwise stop this witch hunton a old man. Hyperlink, phewy ! Its lazy kids with the power to ban this old man. So do it and delect me and this thread. So much for trying to help me. Well at least I get to say good bye to all my good friends.

Cheers and good bye! I loved you all.
Not a witch hunt, been the standard here for time out of mind, reason being is credible information, credible sources, what made us a go to board for decades now, people could trust the information and the members respected this format wanting to be well informed as well credible as a online community.

There was a time when posts and threads not providing links were locked or deleted even just because of speculative sensationalism being called information, inside sources, friend of a friend.

The heat your taking is due to those that want to have that information in your post for credibility if not of yourself the source.

chrispy

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement to protect your mental health:

It would be beneficial for everyone to prepare for JS to draft someone that you, I, Kiper, Jeremiah and the rest of the world qualify as a "reach" with his first pick. He has his Best-Available list and it rarely matches everyone else's.

Recall a similar draft in 2012 when everyone knew the priority was DL. JS took Bruce Irvin at 12 when he was projected as mid-2nd round. Maybe Anderson falls to 5 and maybe JS likes him...but maybe not too. It's very possible JS has multiple DLs ranked similar and he trades back leaving Anderson on the board. Maybe Anderson is gone but he takes someone projected in the 20s to get his guy. No one on the planet projected BIrvin at 12 so believing there's an obvious choice at 5 is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

He's never taken a QB higher than RCW and he's never taken the obvious choice with his first pick. Maybe he will in '23, but that would be less predictable than the usual blank stares from draft pundits after a Seahawk round-1 pick.