Possibly the spark needed for this season...

niveky

Reaction score
I feel like Wilson will shoulder most of the blame for this one and I would not be surprised if this is his only pedestrian game of the year. I feel like this is exactly the type of game the team could right itself on going forward.

Gibbo

Reaction score
I hope you’re right; that was my saving grace after the game ended, that maybe this is a kick up the ass the whole team needed.

ATL and TB next. Let’s not keep it close and move into the 9ers game 7-2 with some more fluidity.

calinator

Reaction score
Gibbo":37kyofb6 said:
I hope you’re right; that was my saving grace after the game ended, that maybe this is a kick up the ass the whole team needed.

ATL and TB next. Let’s not keep it close and move into the 9ers game 7-2 with some more fluidity.

If anything could be a positive they could gain some confidence from whooping on 2 bad teams. It definitely won't "show how good of a team they are" though.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I thought the Saints game was the kick in the arse we needed.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We just aren't good enough to win games if Wilson cannot win it for us.

The problem is our staff wants an offense where Wilson only impacts 1/3 of our offense.

Polk738

Reaction score
Good thing is it's almost November, so they should hit their stride soon- Baltimore's man coverage was brutal today an not having an elite receiver hurt along with Dissly being gone. Metcalf just isn't there yet.

nategreat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1mat6bc4 said:

The problem is our staff wants an offense where Wilson only impacts 1/3 of our offense.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

THE TABS

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15x6anjp said:

Agree 100%.

I honestly thought we’d be 2-5 right now, so I’m ecstatic that we’re 5-2. For the most part, I’m happy with the way the offense has played, but our defensive philosophy just doesn’t work without an elite defensive line, like the 49ers have. We’re too vulnerable defensively to be considered a championship contender, but I think a wild card berth is realistic.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Good thing there was no major injury in this loss. We will rebound from this rainy day crapshoot of a game.

kf3339

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1ubjdan4 said:
I thought the Saints game was the kick in the arse we needed.

^ This is what I remember as well. What happened? :pukeface:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":23pdnwb4 said:

Very well said.

justafan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":izjjvyyo said:
TwistedHusky":izjjvyyo said:

Very well said.

Yes we arent good enough to win when Wilson throws pick 6s. Or when Metcalf makes bonehead fumbles untouched and cost another TD. Wilson had a lousy day. It happens

Wilson impacts only 33 % of our O? Thats just untrue.Especially yesterday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely correct, if he has a bad game, just not enough talent overall. UNLESS the running game is really rollin.

5-2, Go Hawks.

I'm sure it'll be another ugly win on Sunday, and I couldn't care less. Just get back in that Win column and get things rollin. This team is going to make the playoffs, don't care if I sound like a homer or not. I choose to believe.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":25s3pem8 said:
Absolutely correct, if he has a bad game, just not enough talent overall. UNLESS the running game is really rollin.

5-2, Go Hawks.

I'm sure it'll be another ugly win on Sunday, and I couldn't care less. Just get back in that Win column and get things rollin. This team is going to make the playoffs, don't care if I sound like a homer or not. I choose to believe.

Agree! How far depends on beating 49er's twice. I like the game at LEVI on MNF. Hawks seem more focused away than at Home. After week 8 they need to start their positive run and hopefully then the bye week will help with injured/beat-up players. Remember the 9er's have already had their bye week and this will take its toll at seasons end.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
With the Saints, there was the definite feeling that we were still in the game the whole way through.

But with the Ravens, that feeling was absent. It was like watching your normal Hawks game but with the uniforms reversed.

It isn't just about the turnover. That is not a pattern. . It's about the drops and those gimmick 3rd/4th down plays that don't go our way. That is a pattern that needs to be fixed.

Count on seeing Juice, Staley, McGlinchey, Witherspoon back by then, but also count on JimmyD being turnover-prone as it has been a pattern. Make it come down to forcing deep pass plays, and odds are we win.

But even if we don't, against the niners or anyone else, I want to see us still present in the game, not a flustered Russ or a defense who kinda looked like they gave up.

Latest posts