Potential replacements for PC?

morgulon1

Reaction score
It was truly amazing how bad Urban Meyer was. Everyone there hated his guts. One thing I have to say is I gained a lot of respect for Trevor Lawrence through the whole ordeal. He conducted himself with a lot of class through the whole thing.

Meyer quite possibly was one of the worst head coaches that the NFL has seen. Whatever is happening in Jacksonville right now is all due to Doug Pederson, including Lawrence's development. Meyer had absolutely nothing to do with the current squads performance. The guy was a dumpster fire.

I don't see anything defensible about his time in Jacksonville. I'm dumbfounded as to why people are trying to defend him. College =/= NFL, we've seen so many successful college coaches fail in the NFL. One of them even coached the Seahawks at one time (Dennis Erickson).
But almost every successful NFL coach came from college.

Now there's some spin.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Um UGH, NO PAYTON - X 1000.

Keep him 100 miles from the Hawks. Greasy F***ing bountygate greaseball. And get him off the Fox Pregame. He makes me wanna punch babies being on that show. He should be ejected from having anything to do with the sport IMO. Plus he's a greaseball - and a twitchy weird one at that.

Did, I mention - No Payton?
If you don't want Payton, just come out and say so. We won't judge you

RiverDog

Reaction score
His record speaks for itself, the Jags just let him go early out of peer pressure. Like, who the hell hasnt finger banged some random chick? I would have been fired several times by now if that mattered in the real world, and they were probably dogs compared to whoever Urban drew in. Anyway, he'd definitely have them over .500 now if they had kept him on. But oh no, he was mean to a kicker who is currently unemployed...
I agree that his record speaks for itself. 2-11.

The actual lap dance was just one of the problems. It's the circumstances that surrounded it that were concerning. He didn't travel back home with the team, something that according to Tony Dungy, is extremely unusual. Meyer claims that he wanted to visit family, but he ends up in a bar without his wife and is seen with a hot chick 20 some years younger than him riding his Johnson. If you're a Jags player that just got through having your ass handed to you and, along with the entire country, you see your head coach on his way to a happy ending, what would you think?

Even without the lap dance incident, Meyer's behavior with his players and staff that became known after his departure along with his hiring practices virtually assures that he'll never get another chance to coach in the NFL, not that he'd ever want to. He's one of the biggest busts in NFL coaching history.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
does somebody know something I don't? Pete is here until he's not. We're a couple of years away from this conversation. Seems pointless to speculate when there is nothing to indicate he's retiring.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
But almost every successful NFL coach came from college.

Now there's some spin.
Maybe they jumped from positional coach in college to positional coach in the NFL. Most of the head coaches in the NFL cut their teeth in the NFL after years of grinding as a positional coach in the NFL, finally getting promoted to coordinator.

Even still, a lot of coaches just go from being a player straight to assistant in the NFL. Most of the coaches in the NFL spent far more time in the NFL than college before getting getting promoted to HC or coordinator.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm probably going DeMeco Ryans if Pete left. Young, stealing from the best team in the division, player guy. Seem like someone who's a badass but doesn't act like it.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I really think that Pete is still the man.

There is plenty of coaching talent to be considered and schemes to be compared. But for now, please accept that Pete is an awesome coach and is the right man for the job, including going forward into the near future of the team.

The Seahawks are on the verge of a possible NFL dynasty, much like the Superbowl years. Next years draft will position us to be very strong, with a lot of talent on rookie contracts.

Why rock the boat? The future looks bright...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Nobody worrried about Dan Quinn nose diving in Atlanta? He would probably be high on my list but man the Falcons were absolute garbage when he was done.
Yeah, not getting the love for Dan Quinn. After Shanahan left his teams started to drop off really hard. In the Super Bowl he really managed the game especially poorly. Fans are too fixated on that LOB squad. Dan Quinn would not come in and magically fix all of our defensive woes. He wasn't a terrible HC, but he also came with many of the same downsides that people bitch about with Carroll.

Even the element that his 2016 Falcons team was known for was the Shanahan offense. He is a great defensive mind, mediocre head coach. Vic Fangio is another example of this.

People are way to fixated on the 2013 Seahawks. That team was a generational talent that had the longest run at top scoring defense in NFL history. That is likely not going to be replicated by anyone, even Carroll himself.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yeah, not getting the love for Dan Quinn. After Shanahan left his teams started to drop off really hard. In the Super Bowl he really managed the game especially poorly. Fans are too fixated on that LOB squad. Dan Quinn would not come in and magically fix all of our defensive woes. He wasn't a terrible HC, but he also came with many of the same downsides that people bitch about with Carroll.

Even the element that his 2016 Falcons team was known for was the Shanahan offense. He is a great defensive mind, mediocre head coach. Vic Fangio is another example of this.

People are way to fixated on the 2013 Seahawks. That team was a generational talent that had the longest run at top scoring defense in NFL history. That is likely not going to be replicated by anyone, even Carroll himself.
Not only that, but Quinn wasn't involved in the building of the LOB. Gus Bradley was the DC during that time. In 2012, a year before Quinn arrived, we were ranked 4th in total yards and 1st in points allowed. By the time Quinn was hired as DC, all the pieces were in place and performing at a high level. Anyone would have looked good coaching that group.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m mad at Quinn for playing that scheme against Atlanta that led to that playoff loss on that last drive

RiverDog

Reaction score
I’m mad at Quinn for playing that scheme against Atlanta that led to that playoff loss on that last drive
Quinn wasn't even on the staff in 2012. He didn't take the Hawk's DC job until January 17th, 2013. The game you are referring to was played on Jan. 13th of '13, 4 days before Quinn was hired. Gus Bradley is the guy you want to thank for that scheme.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Quinn wasn't even on the staff in 2012. He didn't take the Hawk's DC job until January 17th, 2013. The game you are referring to was played on Jan. 13th of '13, 4 days before Quinn was hired. Gus Bradley is the guy you want to thank for that scheme.
then damn it Bradley is off my list 😂

m0ng0

Reaction score
I will worry about this when Pete decides to call it a day. Until then it's futile because we have no idea who will be available.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
There's just no way Pete doesn't get to make a run next year, I think the draft authority has been correctly skewed towards John because Pete isn't going to be here forever. I think the most obvious choice, a dream choice, is Quinn. Carroll has perhaps the most unique approach in the NFL, Quinn is cut from the same cloth and knows how to tweak Carroll's environment and standards and expectations for himself. If it has to be this off-season to make it happen, it would be pretty tragic for Pete, being that they have an opportunity to draft a shit ton of talent and make a run, but I would understand, business is cut throat.

Atradees

Reaction score
I would want a guy all about personnel and drafting. The Niners have built a monster. I dont believe x's and o's mean alot. The 9ers are going to win the superb owl (you maker my words) without a quarterback

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
There are rumors out there that Payton is already putting feelers out to Fangio to be his DC. This doesn't say much as to where he might be heading though. I think he goes to Jerry's World, which would make Quinn available.