Potential candidates for HC

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If they want to move on from the Carroll tenure it makes zero sense to hire someone from it in Dan Quinn.
Doesn't have to be that black and white, really.

You've got John Schneider running the show. He's run it in partnership with Carroll for nearly 15 years. It's not like that influence is just all gone now.

Carroll DNA is going to remain in the program. Gotta fire John if you want the clean break.

keasley45

Reaction score
If they want to move on from the Carroll tenure it makes zero sense to hire someone from it in Dan Quinn.
They want to move on from the group that Carroll assembled, Carroll's messaging and style.

They don't want to move on from the culture. So from that perspective, bringing Quinn back is a natural move. Newer ideas, more adaptability. Same culture.

But I wouldn't discount Harbaugh in all of this. He's changed over the last few years. He's become a builder of men himself, honestly. So that comraderie that he established at Michigan, would play well here. Plus... he's hard nosed and demanding. Where Pete built you up with positivity and not enough criticism, Harbaugh would foster loyalty AND demand accountability.

And... for Harbaugh, he could exact revenge on the 9ers for how they treated him and possibly draft his current QB. I think fir Jim, it's us or the Chargers.if he wants to be back in Cali and to live that lifestyle, he'll go there. Otherwise, unless we just want Quinn more, he makes a lot of sense.

Wheetie

Reaction score
My thought, JS is likely tired of having eyes over his back so hiring a young, impressive HC that would work with his roster build would make most sense. Now that he has full power, it would behest him to take full advantage without any pushback or argument from an older, established HC. This is now JS's team and I think he'll take full advantage.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Oh, and why isn't Jerhawk one of the choices? He did submit his resumé.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Dave Canales. Might seem a bit early, but he was already getting mentions this season in Tampa. Get him now if he's their man. He's a friend of Pete, can continue to be groomed on the job with certain pumped and jacked advisement. Might offer a smooth transition for players and keep focus on the organizational culture.

hawks85

Reaction score
What people are forgetting is that Schnider will want someone who can stick it to San Fran and LA every year. That list floating around on the internet, McDonald is the only one that completely bitch slapped San Fran, In their own house. If I'm a GM looking for an HC that is very intriguing.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What people are forgetting is that Schnider will want someone who can stick it to San Fran and LA every year. That list floating around on the internet, McDonald is the only one that completely bitch slapped San Fran, In their own house. If I'm a GM looking for an HC that is very intriguing.
Why not consider the Ravens' OC, Todd Monken? Their offense is pretty damn good, and he took Lamar to another level. I think we have better weapons than the Ravens with the exception of QB1.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know if this was already stated, but Brock Huard threw Lincoln Riley's name into the mix the other day.

Salmonkiller

Reaction score
College coaches and pro coaches are not the same. How did that "ole Ball Coach" turn out?? I could name more but you guys all know them..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
They want to move on from the group that Carroll assembled, Carroll's messaging and style.

They don't want to move on from the culture. So from that perspective, bringing Quinn back is a natural move. Newer ideas, more adaptability. Same culture.

But I wouldn't discount Harbaugh in all of this. He's changed over the last few years. He's become a builder of men himself, honestly. So that comraderie that he established at Michigan, would play well here. Plus... he's hard nosed and demanding. Where Pete built you up with positivity and not enough criticism, Harbaugh would foster loyalty AND demand accountability.

And... for Harbaugh, he could exact revenge on the 9ers for how they treated him and possibly draft his current QB. I think fir Jim, it's us or the Chargers.if he wants to be back in Cali and to live that lifestyle, he'll go there. Otherwise, unless we just want Quinn more, he makes a lot of sense.
I don’t know about the same culture bit with Quinn. He doesn’t run things like Carroll did. Sure, he comes off of the same coaching tree, but his defensive scheme and coaching style are very different now.

Carroll was a unique coach from a cultural prospective. The only thing that would be a carry over is the fact that Quinn has worked with Schneider before. If Quinn is hired, I suspect it’ll be due to past rapport between Jon.

Not too pleased about a potential Quinn hire tbh.

Last edited: