Potential candidates for HC

Seahawker

Reaction score
What coordinators a Head coach would bring with him or gravitate towards should have some bearing on the hire.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
In most likelihood I see it being Dan Quinn. By doing so they could keep the culture the same and vets could still make frequent visits like they already do.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I sure wish I had access to Jody's notes. I'm confident she didn't make this decision today, or last night, or even last Sunday. The probability is that she has been working on a HC replacement list for quit some time. I'd love to know the pecking order on that list. I would bet Quinn is right up there.
We will see just how much of a gambler Jody is, but pretty sure JS has been in on the task with her, along with the rest of the brass.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
In most likelihood I see it being Dan Quinn. By doing so they could keep the culture the same and vets could still make frequent visits like they already do.
Dan Quinn doesn't have the same style as Pete, it wouldn't be the same culture. The only thing Quinn has in common with Pete is that he used to employ Pete's cover three centric defensive scheme and ran a 4-3 under front.

Now a days, Quinn's defense is far removed from whatever he did here. Quinn was also a lot more aggressive on defense than any of our old coordinators, and probably Pete himself. We're getting a completely different culture with Quinn and someone that is only peripherally related to Pete at this point from a schematic and coaching prospective.

If you're hiring a Dan Quinn character for continuity, there would be none.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
With the abrupt timing its hard not entertain the thought of them being in the Harbaugh sweepstakes.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I want Harbaugh. I think he can do better with Seattle than he did with SF, due to how we operate.

Look at Michigans team this year. They ran the ******* ball like a mother ******, and that defense was just dirty. Have you guys seen how well Michigan tackles? Its exactly what this team needs.

I'll say this... I don't want Quinn. .500 record after 6 years as a head coach, with his last 3 years being pretty bad. No way.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I want Harbaugh. I think he can do better with Seattle than he did with SF, due to how we operate.

Look at Michigans team this year. They ran the ******* ball like a mother ******, and that defense was just dirty. Have you guys seen how well Michigan tackles? Its exactly what this team needs.

I'll say this... I don't want Quinn. .500 record after 6 years as a head coach, with his last 3 years being pretty bad. No way.
If Harbaugh can make a complete Slapdick like Kapernick serviceable then he has my vote. Great guy to bring in to draft a QBOTF.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I wonder if they're looking at Eric Bieniemy. Dude's been a great OC and asst. HC for a while now. I'm sure he could put together a strong staff too.

I'm suspect of these college and under 40 guys. Regardless of how good a coach they are, they've never had to run the whole show and their network probably includes more "buddies from college" than you would want on an NFL staff.

vonstout

Reaction score
There are rumors that Tomlin may want out of Pitt. I doubt that will happen and I don’t think I’d ever want to to trade for a coach, but I’d put him at the top of the list. I don’t like Harbaugh, but Pete came here after winning the championship with scandals. Harbaugh could follow the same path. But it would be a culture shock for the team!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
, Quinn hasn’t done anything really ever since Kyle Shanahan hasn’t been his coordinator HC wise. IMHO it’s chasing ghost of the great past .

chris98251

Reaction score
Quinn already has 6 interview requests, he is the hot commodity, now based on what he did last year he will start eliminating places he will visit based on control, culture and ownership and GM. As I said in another post, Seahawks don't publicize what they are doing until it's done in most instances.

getnasty

Reaction score
Harbaugh would be 1 on my list. If not him the give me Ben Johnson with the Lions.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Quinn already has 6 interview requests, he is the hot commodity, now based on what he did last year he will start eliminating places he will visit based on control, culture and ownership and GM. As I said in another post, Seahawks don't publicize what they are doing until it's done in most instances.
Quinn could be the coach in Dallas if they shit the bed in the playoffs. That would leave Mccarthy available 😝

BigBill1945

Reaction score
It's already been decided, it's Dan Quinn, like it or not...
I heard he is the top candidate. He is a great defensive coordinator. He did not do well as a head coach. I guess we will see if given a second chance that things will change.

VegasSeaHawk

Reaction score
Harbaugh would be my first choice. I also heard John Gruden wants to come back this year. He would be interesting also.