Prediction: The 9ers lose the next two divisional games

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1z3dwpyi said:
Hawks are going to be missing Duane Brown AND Ifedi on Sunday.
That's huge, so it looks like both teams will be playing with patchwork O-Line's.

...and Gurley is Doubtful and Kittle is Questionable.

NFC West paying a price early in the year for their success. I think they AFC North tho will be happy when they stop playing the NFC West. They are a collective 1-7, and the one win was a Ravens victory over the Cardinals.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38cgvwdm said:
That's huge, so it looks like both teams will be playing with patchwork O-Line's.
Not Ifedi, Fluker. Oh, and Pocic is now out.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
5_Golden_Rings":3uid5aee said:
Did you lose both tackles, one of whom is a near perennial Pro Bowler? There's a reason tackles make so much money. It's a big deal and you know it.

We haven't had our Pro Bowl tackles for YEARS, man. YEARS! And you're right; it is a big deal. And with Fluker, Pocic, and Brown out now, we're probably bringing this guy in for a tryout at right tackle.

883131197133797294.gif

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":36ldh1jk said:
RolandDeschain":36ldh1jk said:
Marvin49":36ldh1jk said:
Pot? Kettle?
Look, I'm not excusing biases for fellow .NET members here, but let's be real; you're on a Seahawks forum. I don't go to the 49ers Webzone and expect every poster there to be unbiased in regards to the Seahawks...get what I'm sayin'?

Hernia's a homer, no doubts there, but yeah, he's not trolling. If he were on the webzone, sure. But that's not trolling on your home team's board.

Besides, it's rich calling Hernia a troll when Living and WHINEster have been running around like buffoons.
Bingo! Yep, I am a homer, guilty as charged, as I freely admit it. I also severely dislike the Cowboys, Patriots, Niners, Stealers and a majority of their fanbases, and admit that openly.

What I’m not is some long winded coward that claims “they are an unbiased” know-it-all, trolling a rivals forum. There are several red and gold types of those in this thread alone, they know who they are.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2iakg96o said:
SoulfishHawk":2iakg96o said:
Not Ifedi, Fluker. Oh, and Pocic is now out.
Next man up.
It’s up to the coaching staff, to game plan and play call around said injuries.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":2smgkb7y said:
Maulbert":2smgkb7y said:
5_Golden_Rings":2smgkb7y said:
SoulfishHawk":2smgkb7y said:
So the excuses are coming out already? They were likely to lose to the Rams WITH him. Hawks fans are always being told to not use injuries as an excuse, the same applies here.
Lol nice trolling, but losing BOTH tackles (and the back up to both of them), and a skill position guy who plays 55% of your offenses snaps is going to hurt the offense quite a bit.

If you think that's trolling, you're oversensitive.

Pot? Kettle?
Pot is legal in this state, same with Kettle’s.

NINEster

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1bb7k8tk said:
SoulfishHawk":1bb7k8tk said:
This thread is pure gold. Arguing with Niners fans on a HAWKS board. Good stuff, glad to be in a quote. But hey, the Niners are 4-0, Super Bowl time. Better?
Echo chambers are boring, though.

The weirdest thing is a lot of us 49er fans rooted for the Mike Holmgren Seahawks much of the time (especially that Super Bowl).

Exactly. I guess I won't shed sympathetic tears any longer for the Hawks losing a SB to a team that would eventually surpass the 49ers in Lombardis. Add the Cardinals to that list too in due time...

Meanwhile, I'm sure the Niner hate on .NET started in earnest after the TO Sharpie stunt. I remember watching it live and didn't even remember it happened against the Seahawks at Century Link until a few years ago. That's how far off the hate scale the Seahawks used to be, that I could remember so much esoteric NFL trivia over the years and not even recall the 49er opponent in that game.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":258z6dq6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":258z6dq6 said:
SoulfishHawk":258z6dq6 said:
This thread is pure gold. Arguing with Niners fans on a HAWKS board. Good stuff, glad to be in a quote. But hey, the Niners are 4-0, Super Bowl time. Better?

The weirdest thing is a lot of us 49er fans rooted for the Mike Holmgren Seahawks much of the time (especially that Super Bowl).

Exactly. I guess I won't shed sympathetic tears any longer for the Hawks losing a SB to a team that would eventually surpass the 49ers in Lombardis. Add the Cardinals to that list too in due time...

Meanwhile, I'm sure the Niner hate on .NET started in earnest after the TO Sharpie stunt. I remember watching it live and didn't even remember it happened against the Seahawks at Century Link until a few years ago. That's how far off the hate scale the Seahawks used to be, that I could remember so much esoteric NFL trivia over the years and not even recall the 49er opponent in that game.

That was due to the 49er fan bases arrogance in thinking we were nobody's from the AFC and that nothing was going to derail the 49er Quest for 6, well we are well over 20 years into the NFC west now and that has worked out great for the 49ers. Closest they came was the Lights out Super Bowl that teased them before the implosion of Jed York and Baalke and Harbaugh and the Tip.

Rams had their short run with Warner and Martz as we got our footing with Holmgren, we had a interim situation with Mora and then Hired Pete and are back as a thorn in the 49ers side. Too bad they were not ready when Holmgren left, Cardinals took that run and then fumbled it and have been looking ever since for credibility. Now you have a Rams team and a Seahawks team that are close to each other and a 49er team wanting to wedge in between and get to the top.

I enjoy this situation as much as it makes for high blood pressure, our games in the division are some of the best contests in the league week in and week out, it makes for keeping the Front offices honest as well to compete against each other also.

Fade

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1pcdgzf8 said:
Fade":1pcdgzf8 said:
The Rams are coming off a mini-bye. The 9ers are coming off a short week. But the 9ers just had their bye, and didn't exert too much energy against the Browns. So for them it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

The matchup is bad for the Rams offense. 9ers D-Line is no joke, and Goff is as bad as it gets when pressured. When everything is protected up, Goff can be pretty lethal. He is pretty much the anti-Wilson.

The Rams are pretty good at stopping the run (3.8 ypc). So Jimmy G is going to have to make plays with Aaron Donald breathing down his neck on 3rd down.

The 9ers should ultimately win, but it is the NFL and anything can happen.

We'll just skip the Cardinals and move on to the Seahawks game. Whoever is healthier... wins. That was easy.

Matchup wise. The typical fans & mediots who want to sound smart will talk about the running games of each team, and whoever does that better wins. But both teams do a great job against the run. The reality of the situation is It's ultimately going to come down to Russell Wilson performing his magic show against the 49ers' D-Line. If the 9ers want to beat the Seahawks they have to get Wilson on the ground, otherwise he will be scrambling and making throws for big plays all night.
Dude,. the 49ers are down both tackles. They will have no passing game. The 49ers D-line might give Goff trouble, but the Rams D-line is going to swamp the 49ers' O-line.

So when it is 3rd and long. The 9ers are just going to run the ball and punt? (Pete Carroll would be down with that plan btw. lol)

It's the NFL. Jimmy is going to have to make some critical 3rd down throws if they are to win this game. I got the 9ers in this game mainly due to Goff's struggles when pressured, and I think the 9ers D-Line are going to create said pressure.

xray

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z840rye said:
hawkfan68":1z840rye said:
Stanley":1z840rye said:
Losing to the Bucs and barely escaping the Steelers, Bengals, and Rams doesn’t count? Because what, reputation? The 49ers didn’t lose to the Bucs.

Word of advice....Do some research before you post. Seahawks haven’t lost to the Bucs either.
Facts be damned when it comes to niner trolls.
Aw...but many of us here secretly liked the 9ers back in the Montana era...don't lie 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xray":3lfdoitx said:
Sports Hernia":3lfdoitx said:
hawkfan68":3lfdoitx said:
Stanley":3lfdoitx said:
Losing to the Bucs and barely escaping the Steelers, Bengals, and Rams doesn’t count? Because what, reputation? The 49ers didn’t lose to the Bucs.

Word of advice....Do some research before you post. Seahawks haven’t lost to the Bucs either.
Facts be damned when it comes to niner trolls.
Aw...but many of us here secretly liked the 9ers back in the Montana era...don't lie 8)
Liked no, respected yes. Same for the Young led Niners.
Same as the Staubach led cowboys in my book.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34hz0iwn said:
Really? That's hard to believe. I can't imagine any Niners fan pulling for the Hawks. And vice versa.
The good thing about the Niners improving is that the rivalry can come back. It was always fun, and imo that NFC Championship game was an all-timer. Niners would have smoked the Broncos as well, Denver couldn't handle a hard hitting team, and the Hawks and Niners were clearly the best 2 teams that season. Two teams that just left it all on the field that day.
It wasn't just Holmgren.
Obviously I'm only speaking for myself, but I've rooted for all three teams that hadRicky Watters, who is one of my favorite players of all time. And that team even signed Jerry Rice. Can't not root for Jerry Rice, regardless of how small a role he played.

NINEster":34hz0iwn said:
5_Golden_Rings":34hz0iwn said:
SoulfishHawk":34hz0iwn said:

That and the Cowboys star were works of art.

Fade":34hz0iwn said:
5_Golden_Rings":34hz0iwn said:
Fade":34hz0iwn said:
The Rams are coming off a mini-bye. The 9ers are coming off a short week. But the 9ers just had their bye, and didn't exert too much energy against the Browns. So for them it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

The matchup is bad for the Rams offense. 9ers D-Line is no joke, and Goff is as bad as it gets when pressured. When everything is protected up, Goff can be pretty lethal. He is pretty much the anti-Wilson.

The Rams are pretty good at stopping the run (3.8 ypc). So Jimmy G is going to have to make plays with Aaron Donald breathing down his neck on 3rd down.

The 9ers should ultimately win, but it is the NFL and anything can happen.

We'll just skip the Cardinals and move on to the Seahawks game. Whoever is healthier... wins. That was easy.

Matchup wise. The typical fans & mediots who want to sound smart will talk about the running games of each team, and whoever does that better wins. But both teams do a great job against the run. The reality of the situation is It's ultimately going to come down to Russell Wilson performing his magic show against the 49ers' D-Line. If the 9ers want to beat the Seahawks they have to get Wilson on the ground, otherwise he will be scrambling and making throws for big plays all night.
Dude,. the 49ers are down both tackles. They will have no passing game. The 49ers D-line might give Goff trouble, but the Rams D-line is going to swamp the 49ers' O-line.

So when it is 3rd and long. The 9ers are just going to run the ball and punt?
(Pete Carroll would be down with that plan btw. lol)

It's the NFL. Jimmy is going to have to make some critical 3rd down throws if they are to win this game. I got the 9ers in this game mainly due to Goff's struggles when pressured, and I think the 9ers D-Line are going to create said pressure.
Against the Rams pass rush, that might be a pretty good idea tbh.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2abfqrtb said:
...over their QB and FG team.

JimmyG shows he can do short passes or give the ball to RBs. Passing the ball deep is more risky, scrambling is more risky, and JimmyG isn't showing so far that he has RW's skills to do that at anywhere near RW's level. With Juice most likely sidelined for at least this next game, the 49ers are gonna have to show that by Sunday, and I don't think they will. JimmyG is getting all the credit for this W by being serviceable and having a running game that hides his flaws, same as Kaep did in 2012, but with tape and technology, those flaws will become clearer for contenders to pick apart.

Kaep in 2012, 13 could count on Dawson's leg. It never failed. The 9ers have been mucking around with their long snapper position--firing one replacement, then having the second one retire on them, all while waiting for their supposed starter to return after a 10-game PED suspension. 10 GAMES? It's not just the first-timer cannibis suspension for one. For two, they had a LS who was still winning games, but I guess Gould felt he was too cold, too hot and not just right, so now they have less.

The division is really Seattle's for the taking. GO HAWKS

EGy8Fr3WkAAwGcM

Stanley

Reaction score
Washington49er":2bax4k6s said:
SantaClaraHawk":2bax4k6s said:

JimmyG shows he can do short passes or give the ball to RBs. Passing the ball deep is more risky, scrambling is more risky, and JimmyG isn't showing so far that he has RW's skills to do that at anywhere near RW's level. With Juice most likely sidelined for at least this next game, the 49ers are gonna have to show that by Sunday, and I don't think they will. JimmyG is getting all the credit for this W by being serviceable and having a running game that hides his flaws, same as Kaep did in 2012, but with tape and technology, those flaws will become clearer for contenders to pick apart.

Kaep in 2012, 13 could count on Dawson's leg. It never failed. The 9ers have been mucking around with their long snapper position--firing one replacement, then having the second one retire on them, all while waiting for their supposed starter to return after a 10-game PED suspension. 10 GAMES? It's not just the first-timer cannibis suspension for one. For two, they had a LS who was still winning games, but I guess Gould felt he was too cold, too hot and not just right, so now they have less.

“The division is really Seattle’s for the taking.”

You can literally hear the fear and nerves in that statement haha.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Stanley":338g0nt6 said:
Washington49er":338g0nt6 said:
SantaClaraHawk":338g0nt6 said:

“The division is really Seattle’s for the taking.”

You can literally hear the fear and nerves in that statement haha.

uh...that was a 'Hawk fan so.........

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Meh, (inb4 debbie downer) Russell Wilson is such an equalizer that being half a game ahead of Seattle is no lead. Hell, the 49ers could win both games, take the division crown, and still lose to them in the playoffs. I see these teams as neck and neck in overall talent. 49ers have the defense and the offensive scheme (although Schotty is not bad), and when healthy the running game (althoguh Sesttle isn’t way behind), but the Seahawks have arguably the best QB this year so far and better wide receivers (sorry 49er homers, but DK Metcalf, with the right utilization, is as I thought predraft: the best WR in the class; and Lockette is great). 49ers have the better TE.

But really I see two fairly evenly matched teams. We’ll see going forward, but IMHO fans of either team should be nervous about the other.

On a side note: some guy who claimed to be from a top secret military project on time travel says he went about twenty years in the future, read a sports almanac, and claimed this season the 49ers get close to the Super Bowl, but ultimately it’s the Patriots over the Saints. Of course... almost everything will be digital in 2040 so why would a guy be looking in an almanac when even today you can just google scores...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":w8xhbr0r said:
Meh, (inb4 debbie downer) Russell Wilson is such an equalizer that being half a game ahead of Seattle is no lead. Hell, the 49ers could win both games, take the division crown, and still lose to them in the playoffs. I see these teams as neck and neck in overall talent. 49ers have the defense and the offensive scheme (although Schotty is not bad), and when healthy the running game (althoguh Sesttle isn’t way behind), but the Seahawks have arguably the best QB this year so far and better wide receivers (sorry 49er homers, but DK Metcalf, with the right utilization, is as I thought predraft: the best WR in the class; and Lockette is great). 49ers have the better TE.

But really I see two fairly evenly matched teams. We’ll see going forward, but IMHO fans of either team should be nervous about the other.

On a side note: some guy who claimed to be from a top secret military project on time travel says he went about twenty years in the future, read a sports almanac, and claimed this season the 49ers get close to the Super Bowl, but ultimately it’s the Patriots over the Saints. Of course... almost everything will be digital in 2040 so why would a guy be looking in an almanac when even today you can just google scores...
Me thinks dude has watched Back to the Future II too many times.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":3cufszzt said:
SantaClaraHawk":3cufszzt said:

Is there a trophy for week 6 division champion? Asking for a friend.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2yyjx7b5 said:
Washington49er":2yyjx7b5 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2yyjx7b5 said:

Is there a trophy for week 6 division champion? Asking for a friend.

Nope.

Still ain't gonna spoil my 5-0 mood. :D