Predictions...which O-Line guys make the 53-man roster?

OP
OP
W

Willyeye

Reaction score
Largent80":180tq6um said:
Camp and games will sort this out. We really don't even know what we've got.

This is very true...but in the meantime, it'll be fun trying to figure out what will most likely happen. Isn't that kind of the purpose of a blog like this one?

Largent80

Reaction score
Willyeye":1ilpknbd said:
Largent80":1ilpknbd said:
Camp and games will sort this out. We really don't even know what we've got.

This is very true...but in the meantime, it'll be fun trying to figure out what will most likely happen. Isn't that kind of the purpose of a blog like this one?

I suppose so. I hope Britt gets displaced. He doesn't seem to get it. Lewis should have started center last year and we probably are back in the Superbowl. And that is not an endorsement of him either.

Moving Gilliam to LT is a HUGE deal. Glownski has a year but without much time at RG. I put Ifedi out there from day and be and live with the inevitable sacks, penalties and learning curve.

In other words, I'm simply not picking a starting offensive line at this moment. To me it's a hot mess.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
— Schneider reiterated what he and Carroll had said in other interviews on Monday — that the plan is to play first-round pick Germain Ifedi at right guard with free agent signee J’Marcus Webb at right tackle. “That’s a pretty big right side right out of the gate,’’ Schneider said of Ifedi, listed at 6-5, 335, and Webb, listed at 6-7, 330. Asked if Webb can play guard, a position at which he started most of last season for the Raiders, Schneider said “we would like to keep him at tackle.’’

— Schneider also said that third-round pick Rees Odhiambo will begin his career at left guard, calling him “another bigger, power player for us.’’

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... this-year/

drdiags

Reaction score
From last season opener starter to cut:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/727962645500829696[/tweet]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Overseasfan":buh68azh said:
The starting line up I currently expect is:
LT - Gilliam
LG - Odhiambo
C - Lewis
RG - Ifedi
RT - Webb

The first three don't need explanation imo. Starting Ifedi at RG will most likely be a good idea as his run blocking is elite already, seeing as the RG has the most run blocking and least pass blockind duties in our system it makes sense to let Ifedi develop his pass blocking there untill he moves to RT in a year. Webb looks like a solid placeholder for this year.

Then for the back ups. Sowell will take over the Bailey role, Hunt will be the center back up, Glowinski the RG back up who will get another year to get ready and Sokoli will most likely still be on the roster as project.

I think Britt is done here, as is Nowak. They have gotten their chance but didn't take it. Pool might factor into the competition but I feel like he's on the outside looking in.

2016 O-line:
LT: Gilliam, Sowell
LG: Odhiambo, Sowell
C: Lewis, Hunt, Sokoli
RG: Ifedi, Glowinski
RT: Webb, Ifedi, Sowell

You might be onto something.

But more like this in theory Britt can play OC.

LT: Gilliam, Sowell, Odhiambo
LG: Glowinski, Britt, Odhiambo
C: Hunt, Soloki, Britt
RG: Ifedi, Glowinski, Britt
RT: Webb, Ifedi, Britt

1. Gilliam
2. Glowinski
3. Ifedi
4. Webb
5. Odhiambo
6. Sowell
7. Hunt
8. Britt
9. Sokoli

The Recipe to carry 9. Potential brackett.

If you want more tact, Lewis makes it over Sokoli.

Seahawks could carry 10: I think 1-6 barring injuries are safe, which leaves:

Hunt, Britt, Sokoli, Lewis, Poole as the meat with a few potatoes on the side... Perciak, Schwenke, Maiava, Hunter, Fant...competing for 3-4 spots.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2ku3l1us said:
LT - Gilliam
LG - Odhiambo
C - Lewis
RG - Ifedi
RT - Webb

The first three don't need explanation imo. Starting Ifedi at RG will most likely be a good idea as his run blocking is elite already, seeing as the RG has the most run blocking and least pass blockind duties in our system it makes sense to let Ifedi develop his pass blocking there untill he moves to RT in a year. Webb looks like a solid placeholder for this year.

Then for the back ups. Sowell will take over the Bailey role, Hunt will be the center back up, Glowinski the RG back up who will get another year to get ready and Sokoli will most likely still be on the roster as project.

I think Britt is done here, as is Nowak. They have gotten their chance but didn't take it. Pool might factor into the competition but I feel like he's on the outside looking in.

2016 O-line:

No question about the first three?? I think there is a glaring question. Rookies Odhiambo and Ifedi start at guard while a one year man in Glowinski, who is a natural at guard, takes another year to develop? In what universe?? Pass me that pipe!

xgeoff

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":apmydd69 said:
Overseasfan":apmydd69 said:
LT - Gilliam
LG - Odhiambo
C - Lewis
RG - Ifedi
RT - Webb

2016 O-line:

No question about the first three?? I think there is a glaring question. Rookies Odhiambo and Ifedi start at guard while a one year man in Glowinski, who is a natural at guard, takes another year to develop? In what universe?? Pass me that pipe!

Yeah, I don't see Odhiambo starting ahead of Glowinski.

I am curious about the Tackle position. Gilliam has never played LT and Webb hasn't played RT. I feel like I have absolutely no idea how they're going to do. Can't wait to see them in pre-season and hopefully the unit has jelled by then.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Starters:
Gilliam, Glowinski, Lewis, Ifedi, Webb

Reserves:
Sowell (will also long snap), Odhiambo, Hunt, Sokoli

Practice Squad:
Fant, Poole

Released:
Britt + everyone else.

McGruff

Reaction score
xgeoff":8qnvpezm said:
HawKnPeppa":8qnvpezm said:
Overseasfan":8qnvpezm said:
LT - Gilliam
LG - Odhiambo
C - Lewis
RG - Ifedi
RT - Webb

2016 O-line:

I am curious about the Tackle position. Gilliam has never played LT and Webb hasn't played RT. I feel like I have absolutely no idea how they're going to do. Can't wait to see them in pre-season and hopefully the unit has jelled by then.

Webb started games at both LT and RT for the Bears, played RT for the Vikings, and I believe started games at both RT and RG for the Raiders.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":v0ty726g said:
Starters:
Gilliam, Glowinski, Lewis, Ifedi, Webb

Reserves:
Sowell (will also long snap), Odhiambo, Hunt, Sokoli

Practice Squad:
Fant, Poole

Released:
Britt + everyone else.

I think they keep 10 on the roster, which is pretty normal, and Britt stays as a utility interior lineman.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":1k6ea8np said:
Webb started games at both LT and RT for the Bears, played RT for the Vikings, and I believe started games at both RT and RG for the Raiders.

Was a RT in college too I believe.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect team will keep more than the usual 10 OLinemen until the competition is sorted out.

Gilliam and Sowell
Glowinski and Odhiambo
Lewis , Britt, and Hunt
Ifedi and Sokoli
Webb and Poole

The guys closest to the bubble are Poole, Hunt, Britt , Sokoli. Those who make it through waivers would go to the PS except for Britt who wouldn't qualify.

Basis4day

Reaction score
xgeoff":1i6jjiq6 said:

I do. And to be perfectly clear, it's what i am thinking will happen, not what i want to happen.

Glow played one game last year, and played well. But Tom Cable and the FO really already appear to have talked about Odhiambo more than they ever have about Glowinski.

I think the staff is really high on Odhiambo. If he's healthy enough to play, i think he does.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I just hope the coaches do a better job of selecting the starters than they did last year. I don't want to see wholesale changes after week three of preseason again. If that happens, we'll be looking at week 8 before they start playing well...just like last season. Get it right the first time this year.

sam1313

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3c3cjh8l said:
I suspect team will keep more than the usual 10 OLinemen until the competition is sorted out.

Gilliam and Sowell
Glowinski and Odhiambo
Lewis , Britt, and Hunt
Ifedi and Sokoli
Webb and Poole

The guys closest to the bubble are Poole, Hunt, Britt , Sokoli. Those who make it through waivers would go to the PS except for Britt who wouldn't qualify.

I'm still hoping that Hunt takes over and starts at center. He is going to be better than everyone expects and I don't think he will be on the bubble. I agree with your other bubble players though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I believe that many here are sleeping on Sowell who could be more talented at playing OT than we expect. As well alternatively he could turn into a swing OT/OG.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1io0ee8x said:
I believe that many here are sleeping on Sowell who could be more talented at playing OT than we expect. As well alternatively he could turn into a swing OT/OG.

Talented in general, or talented relative to a Seahawks O-Line in pass pro?