"Pretty good quarterback, I guess"

2_0_6

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2nhjawi6 said:
TwistedHusky":2nhjawi6 said:
I am sure Detroit has some nice areas
LOLOLOLOLOLOL, not really

I used to travel to Detroit for work three times a year, and hated it. The airport is the nicest place in the whole city, because you know your about to leave.
:D

RunTheBall

Reaction score
This Tate/Seahawks "rivalry" could go places if we meet Detroit in the NFC CG.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe the wife has me watching too many Real Housewives episodes with her but man I would love to know the details of what really went on between Russell and Tate. The feeling I get is that the Seahawks let Tate go not because of Harvin but because of some really bad in-house shit that forced the FO's hand during negotiations.

It's clear that Russell Wilson is the #1 guy when it comes to Protecting Our Future (at least that's the way I see it) in the pecking order of things and if there's severe friction between Russ and someone on the team, that someone loses and will lose every time, right or wrong.

Wilson isn't the perfect angel we may think he is, but my money is on Tate doing something that was really messed up and that's why he's in Detroit and not Seattle.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":a68olp25 said:
irocdave":a68olp25 said:
Hawk_Nation":a68olp25 said:
I liked Tate while he was here, but the dude has done nothing but look like a little baby since he has been gone. Damn near any decent receiver would have great numbers in a pass heavy offense like that, not to mention with the defense mainly focusing on Megatron.

If we meet in the playoffs, I love to see Kam lay the wood on him.

Man, lay off the Wilson protection program. RW hasn't had a great year passing, matter O fact, he has not progressed from last year and that's a fact. Wonder why that is... Might have to do with Tate leaving? Bitch about the O line all you want but we can all see the same thing on TV.
Tate became a really good receiver and better punt returner for the Hawks and is proving his worth on a team with a legit sustainable passing offense and that does not make him a baby. Try and explain how our special teams are better without Tate this year? You cant because they aren't.

Tate is proving his worth outside of Seattle and your acting like a petulant child. Just stop. Tate is a really good NFL receiver. Take the homer glasses off.

Petulant child? That's cute. He's a DECENT receiver on a good PASS HEAVY offense with a first ballot hall of famer lining up opposite of him. H

If you actually would listen to his comments on both local and national media, he ALWAYS brings up the fact that the organization "disrespected him". So what if they offered him less than what he got, good for him but why keep whining about it? That would be like me leaving my job because they wont pay me what I want, and when I find a company who will I will go out of my way and make sure to tell everyone how bad the last place was. Seems rather childish, move on and enjoy your money in the armpit of America.

If you cant see that injuries and the unexpected trade of Harvin midseason hasn't affected this offense this season then your blind. Maybe its you wearing the homer glasses?[/quote

I have had the homer glasses on since I was 7 YO. The retort to the petulant child reference just proves my point to a new breed of Hawk fan. So a receiver that excels in a limited pass offense, then gets paid WAY more money to go to a pass heavy offense ( takes a ton of crap on social media for it...) then excels in the newfound pass heavy offense suddenly becomes mediocre again because a future hall of famer gets injured. The QB throwing the ball however doesn't factor in to the equation. Stafford is a much better passer than Wilson, prove me wrong.
Cmon dude, reconsider your thoughts, they make ZERO sense. Referencing your occupation or mine makes zero sense either, unless of course, your a professional athlete. Highly doubt that though.

GFang

Reaction score
I think when two guys were as close as Russ and Tate used to be, they will have observed both the best and the worst aspects of each other. We've all been hypocrites at least once in our lives. In any case, I'm glad to see him doing well in Detroit. He's a unique talent and I enjoy watching him play. But if we end up facing his team in the coming weeks, I hope we obliterate him.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Just think, if it wasn't for that Percy debacle Tate would prob still be here. Hawks are proud to say how they reward their own yet they brought in a WR for a ton of money and draft picks just to let him go a year and a half later. Meanwhile the WR that we drafted that laid his body on the line numerous times was let to walk due to not having the $ to match. That was one of the rare times our front office really screwed up.

2_0_6

Reaction score
So you have no idea who I am, how old I am, but you consider me a "new breed" of Hawk fan even though I have been attending games for over 25 years? Seems legit.

Did I ever say Wilson is a better passer than Stafford in my posts? Not once. Maybe you should re-read them once again. The Lions offense is about as opposite you can find from ours. We run to win, they pass so of course the numbers are completely different.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":zq08pf0t said:
Just think, if it wasn't for that Percy debacle Tate would prob still be here. Hawks are proud to say how they reward their own yet they brought in a WR for a ton of money and draft picks just to let him go a year and a half later. Meanwhile the WR that we drafted that laid his body on the line numerous times was let to walk due to not having the $ to match. That was one of the rare times our front office really screwed up.

This^^^^^

It took a year or two but Tate panned out. I miss the dude. He was a baller. He was the one who said he'd take less to stay in Seattle. And because of Percy Harvin he had to be expended. No question if he was still here we'd be a better team. I am not saying he is essential, but come on he made big plays when we needed it. And he was the man on the punt return team. So let's stop disrespecting the guy; the hawks were the one who let him go.

And the lions have had plenty of receivers that haven't put up the numbers Tate is putting up. Saying any receiver could is complete BS.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
irocdave":3sjag61a said:
Stafford is a much better passer than Wilson, prove me wrong.
Wilson career QB Rating 98.3
Stafford career QB Rating 83.9

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":15u9bdjv said:
Just think, if it wasn't for that Percy debacle Tate would prob still be here. Hawks are proud to say how they reward their own yet they brought in a WR for a ton of money and draft picks just to let him go a year and a half later. Meanwhile the WR that we drafted that laid his body on the line numerous times was let to walk due to not having the $ to match. That was one of the rare times our front office really fked up.

LOL...

shawnsim

Reaction score
Tate and Wilson were best friends. They spent a lot of time together including their wives. Tate screwed Russell's Wife. It happened. Like it or not it happened. Screw that punk little bitch. I hope Cam plants his ass.

themunn

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":12wkxx80 said:
irocdave":12wkxx80 said:
Hawk_Nation":12wkxx80 said:
I liked Tate while he was here, but the dude has done nothing but look like a little baby since he has been gone. Damn near any decent receiver would have great numbers in a pass heavy offense like that, not to mention with the defense mainly focusing on Megatron.

If we meet in the playoffs, I love to see Kam lay the wood on him.

Man, lay off the Wilson protection program. RW hasn't had a great year passing, matter O fact, he has not progressed from last year and that's a fact. Wonder why that is... Might have to do with Tate leaving? Bitch about the O line all you want but we can all see the same thing on TV.
Tate became a really good receiver and better punt returner for the Hawks and is proving his worth on a team with a legit sustainable passing offense and that does not make him a baby. Try and explain how our special teams are better without Tate this year? You cant because they aren't.

Tate is proving his worth outside of Seattle and your acting like a petulant child. Just stop. Tate is a really good NFL receiver. Take the homer glasses off.

Petulant child? That's cute. He's a DECENT receiver on a good PASS HEAVY offense with a first ballot hall of famer lining up opposite of him. H

If you actually would listen to his comments on both local and national media, he ALWAYS brings up the fact that the organization "disrespected him". So what if they offered him less than what he got, good for him but why keep whining about it? That would be like me leaving my job because they wont pay me what I want, and when I find a company who will I will go out of my way and make sure to tell everyone how bad the last place was. Seems rather childish, move on and enjoy your money in the armpit of America.

If you cant see that injuries and the unexpected trade of Harvin midseason hasn't affected this offense this season then your blind. Maybe its you wearing the homer glasses?

funny, this is an actual quote from him (instead of the shit you're making up)

"I still root for the Seahawks," he said. "That's the team that drafted me, that's the team that gave me the opportunity to be in this position. So I have a lot of respect and appreciation for Seattle.

"I wish the best for them ... except when the play us, obviously."

He says the offer was laughable. He never said anything about being disrespected.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tate became a good player for us, and we definitely miss him as a punt returner. That said, he's always come across as immature to me--diving into the other team's band at Notre Dame without considering the injury risk to himself or others, the Top Pot donut thing, Pete having to basically babysit him for the better part of two years to get him to develop as a player, and now this weirdness between him and Russell.

He's doing very well in Detroit and got a nice payday to boot. He needs to chill on the sideways snarky comments and just enjoy what he's got.

Bprez3

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2vkhyqim said:
irocdave":2vkhyqim said:
Stafford is a much better passer than Wilson, prove me wrong.
Wilson career QB Rating 98.3
Stafford career QB Rating 83.9

Wilson Career Comp % 63.3
Stafford Career Comp % 59.8

253hawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2730l034 said:

Wilson is only off by 3 yards per game from what he was throwing last year...when he had Rice (for half of it,) Tate, and healthy TE's and FB's to block and receive. Hell, he'd be ahead if it weren't for some missed calls and I don't even know how many TD's brought back on penalties. For having two UDFA's as his #1 and #2 I'd say he's made do rather well. Not to mention scrapping a chunk of the playbook due to Harvin leaving (which was nothing but stagnant bubble screens anyway.)

3300 yards is pretty respectable when you're way out in front as the #1 rushing team. Save the 4-5K club for the fantasy football masturbators.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Screw Tate, he's not a Hawk anymore so I don't care about what he thinks. If we play Detroit, I hope Kamtrak destroys him.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Can't believe how many Tate apologists there are here. Look, he had a nice season for us. Helped us win it all. We can't forget that, but at the end of the day he didn't want to be here and left, and potentially did something unforgivable to our QB whom is as classy and hardworking as they come, and whom was also one of Tates good friends. Good riddance to Tate in my opinion, consider me team Wilson.

shawnsim

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:
tifferradish":1hsu12tq said:
Screw Tate, he's not a Hawk anymore so I don't care about what he thinks. If we play Detroit, I hope Kamtrak destroys him.
Yessir plant that punk ass beotch. Don't play friend then betray friend then come back and downgrade friend after you rape his life. Pos. I hate Harvin but at least he had the balls to deck that little piece of smiley faced bitch. I hope we play them and Kam just breaks him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
slipwax":288bej7l said:
FWIW, Tate had nothing but praise for the organization, the 12th man, and the city of Seattle

And you forgot how much praise he had for Wilsons ex, and how good she was.