"Pretty good quarterback, I guess"

Rainger

Reaction score
This is simple. Tate wants to build himself up as being a great receiver. That is obvious. Since he went he to a pass happy team he is having top numbers. By implying the QB in Seattle is only ok it then shows how good he was while here to get the numbers he got and also builds himself up.

Also I think something really did happen that made the team not be enthusiastic about keeping him and that is pissing him off because he knows Seattle is going to the SB again and his team is not.

trharder

Reaction score
shawnsim":35dkue5b said:
Tate and Wilson were best friends. They spent a lot of time together including their wives. Tate screwed Russell's Wife. It happened. Like it or not it happened. Screw that punk little bitch. I hope Cam plants his ass.
This.

Not liking Tate the person is not the same as saying Tate was not a good receiver. The Seahawks FO is going to pick Wilson every freaking time in a situation like this. I thought it very odd that the Seahawks didn't try harder to retain Tate, as Tate is in the highlight reels of every game in our SB season. Like shawnsim says, they were best friends. That has obviously changed. If it was just a matter of not enough cap room for Tate and the FO actually did under appreciate Tate, they would still have each other's backs. The FO would have resigned Tate if it weren't for this personal stuff. Tate is dumb enough to be butt hurt they chose Russell over him.

I love it that this forum is willing to talk about the obvious as the local sports radio seems to, at least publicly, be in denial.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Time to start reading between the lines. A few months ago Tate was saying that him and Wilson were still really good friends and keep in touch. Over the last month he's called Wilson a hypocrit (for Wilson allegedly dating Fauria's ex gf) and now this somewhat snide remark. Doesn't really suggest they're still on friendly terms eh?

Something happened, we supposedly low balled Tate badly (he called it a joke) but that was the only way to ensure he left without giving further credibility to the 'rumour'.

Sac

Reaction score
Has anyone considered that Tate calling RW a "pretty good quarterback, I guess" was said with a wink and was tongue in cheek? I mean, we all say worse things to our best friends than that.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1acueotl said:
Has anyone considered that Tate calling RW a "pretty good quarterback, I guess" was said with a wink and was tongue in cheek? I mean, we all say worse things to our best friends than that.

I don't think so, sounded pretty unconvincing to me, though I'm no psych... http://mynorthwest.com/292/2672107/Gold ... ck-I-guess (About 8.20 in)

trharder

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":17x952pg said:
Reasonable minds can disagree, but I think not. It was a "shot" by Tate, IMO.
Tate has always been one to say whatever he wants, even last year before all of this. He's not very smart, a
prima dona, but a very good receiver.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Tate should be thanking him. Last time I recall tate was not getting the ball until Russell started.

trharder

Reaction score
HawkMeat":1hvdane1 said:
Tate should be thanking him. Last time I recall tate was not getting the ball until Russell started.
Exactly right.

Threedee

Reaction score
As a ND fan, I was always more critical of Tate. I wished we had Floyd instead, and I wasn't impressed with the headlines he made when he first arrived. Generally, I expected better behavior from him than the taunting and stuff he would do. But last year he really impressed me, and I thought he did the alma mater proud. I have no hard feelings, and I think Detroit is an awesome venue for the man so hated in Green Bay.

KatarHol

Reaction score
Tokadub":ov5cg8my said:
So many pathetic haters in our fan-base. Wow we lose one of our best players and everyone just starts talking trash on him, what a bunch of classless scum you all are.

If the rumors about Tate and Wilson's wife are true then OK you can hate on him... but we'll never know that and honestly if it is true then we can safely assume that 99% of the blame can be placed squarely on Wilson's wife (being a huge wh@$e) that would enable that to ever happen. So either way it's stupid to get mad at Tate when we'll never know what really happened and if it is true... the wife is to blame duh...

I think that Tate was pretty disrespectful to just say Wilson is "pretty good... I guess"... but then again Tate is the most qualified player IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE to critically judge Wilson from a Wide Receivers perspective. Tate is on pace for 1400 yards... that's nearly twice the pace of our #1 receiver Baldwin who is on pace for 765 yards.

Our top 2 receivers Baldwin and Kearse are on pace for 1370 yards COMBINED... which is less than Tate's pace 1400... My point being that Tate has now played with a QB (or offensive coordinator) who knows how to throw him the ball and he's putting up INSANE numbers.

Tate currently has more receiving yards than:

- Calvin Johnson
- Dez Bryant
- Rob Gronkowski
- Randall Cobb
- Julian Edelman
- Odell Beckham Jr.
- DeSean Jackson
- Anquan Boldin
- Steve Smith Sr.
- Sammy Watkins
- Martellus Bennett
- Jimmy Graham

... you get the picture? Tate has more receiving yards than pretty much anyone in the NFL (he's ranked 7th in the league) with a catch rate of 71.7% (better than any Seahawks WR that's still on our team until you get to Norwood who is 87.5% but we never use him...)

We can give a fair estimation that each team has at least 3 "starting wide receivers" That's a total of 96 Wide Receivers in that mix. Tate is ranked 7th out of 96... in other words when divided equally Tate is the best out of 14 "starting wide receivers" in the NFL (96/7 = 13.71).

In comparison each team has 1 "starting QB" for Wilson to be as good at his position as Tate currently is he'd have to be the best out of 14 "starting QB's"... meaning Wilson would need to be ranked the #2 QB in the entire NFL (32/14 = 2.29).

Conclusion:

Statistically Wilson would have to be the #2 rated Quarterback in the entire league for him to be a better player than Tate relative to their position group.

So right now Tate can in fact call Wilson "pretty good... I guess" because he is in fact better at his position this year and his production has sky rocketed with another QB...

Even though I consider Wilson a far superior QB to Stafford it's hard to argue that Tate is destroying with Stafford throwing him the ball compared to when Wilson was throwing it... which is hard to explain and I blame it mainly on our Offensive Coordinator.

Also for all the noobs out there who don't know anything about football... Stafford is currently ranked 8th in passing attempts per game (not #1 in passing attempts like 2012, and 2011). So he's no longer throwing it 40+ times a game he's currently at 37.

And for all the noobs saying Tate is only good because he's opposite of Calvin Johnson... you might wanna do your homework for once. Tate has around 150 yards in every single game that Calvin Johnson DID NOT PLAY THIS YEAR except for one... So Tate is doing WAY BETTER when he's the #1 receiver in place of Calvin Johnson...

PS: Our punt return game is a total joke without Tate. Bryan Walters is embarrassing me every time he's on the field.
You are confusing real football with your silly little fantasy team.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
One thing that is apparent with these 'kids' is that they choose mates(GFs, Wives) poorly. I have a feeling that this stuff has been happening behind the scenes for decades or more amongst NFL players. This kind of stuff was never known until the Twitter era. Personally, I HATE twitter. Privacy no longer exists because if it.
Do I believe all the rumors? Yep. About 95% of them because these idiot kids keep posting the garbage. It gets seen, and then 'oops', they take it off. Twitter silence is golden. I believe RW knows this too.
As for Tate as a football player; Before all the Twitter hoopla, I was livid about Seattle letting him leave. I have always thought Tate was an incredible receiver and football player. Yes, even better than Harvin.
After seeing all the Twitter bombs, however, it makes sense why the FO low balled him.
It's an unfortunate loss due to testosterone driven idiocy amongst NFL players. Remember when Magic Johnson came out with his HIV news in 1990? What kind of rumors would that kind of behavior produce in the Twitterverse? Holy cow. Personally, I think NFL teams should adopt an anti-twitter clause amongst their employees. Gossiping on the phone, in private, is much different than airing your dirty laundry to the whole world. Damn, these kids are dumb. Seriously.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":zujl2u0k said:
One thing that is apparent with these 'kids' is that they choose mates(GFs, Wives) poorly. I have a feeling that this stuff has been happening behind the scenes for decades or more amongst NFL players. This kind of stuff was never known until the Twitter era. Personally, I HATE twitter. Privacy no longer exists because if it.
Do I believe all the rumors? Yep. About 95% of them because these idiot kids keep posting the garbage. It gets seen, and then 'oops', they take it off. Twitter silence is golden. I believe RW knows this too.
As for Tate as a football player; Before all the Twitter hoopla, I was livid about Seattle letting him leave. I have always thought Tate was an incredible receiver and football player. Yes, even better than Harvin.
After seeing all the Twitter bombs, however, it makes sense why the FO low balled him.
It's an unfortunate loss due to testosterone driven idiocy amongst NFL players. Remember when Magic Johnson came out with his HIV news in 1990? What kind of rumors would that kind of behavior produce in the Twitterverse? Holy cow. Personally, I think NFL teams should adopt an anti-twitter clause amongst their employees. Gossiping on the phone, in private, is much different than airing your dirty laundry to the whole world. Damn, these kids are dumb. Seriously.
Damn good post IMO. :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3q9qyfiu said:
If I were an employer I would definitely put a Twitter clause in my employee contracts. It just seems to me that the 20ish generation puts EVERYTHING out there online for ANYBODY to see and use against them it's mind boggling to me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1dhk7emx said:
This Tate/Seahawks "rivalry" could go places if we meet Detroit in the NFC CG.

Very real possibility the Lions are our divisional round opponent

GFang

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":25zpqpd3 said:
Time to start reading between the lines. A few months ago Tate was saying that him and Wilson were still really good friends and keep in touch. Over the last month he's called Wilson a hypocrit (for Wilson allegedly dating Fauria's ex gf) and now this somewhat snide remark. Doesn't really suggest they're still on friendly terms eh?

Something happened, we supposedly low balled Tate badly (he called it a joke) but that was the only way to ensure he left without giving further credibility to the 'rumour'.

My theory is that Dangeruss had too much swag for goody two-shoes Ashton. Poor thing was in way over her head. Upon witnessing this, #81 was heart-broken, and like a Golden Knight in shining armor, swooped in and avenged her honor.

Obliterate the Cardinals. Go Hawks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":1j2bcpz7 said:
Wilson isn't the perfect angel we may think he is, but my money is on Tate doing something that was really messed up and that's why he's in Detroit and not Seattle.

Agree 100%

I also think this is why Harvin knocked his ass out during Super Bowl week.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Golden Tate is GONE..I could care less about the non Hawk..I hope we do meet the Lions in the playoffs as we have a better defense and our offense has scored more than the Lions without Tate..I want to see this matchup and I see Kam or Thomas hammering Tate hard...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3hrju7tn said:
+1

And he had to leave Seattle to have to live in Detroit. I am sure Detroit has some nice areas, but it isn't the PNW.

Give the guy a break, he won it for us and he has to deal with disappointment of having to have left one of the best teams in the NFL. AND he should get plus points for helping Detroit to get back into winning too.
Bullshit, he didn't "HAD to leave Seattle to live in Detroit" IT WAS HIS CHOICE, he could have stayed right where he was.
And he didn't "win IT for us", it was the whole team that got IT, and who by the way, are making another run at the SB AGAIN this Season WITHOUT his participation.
I don't dislike Tate, in fact, I really liked the guy for being a 'Team Player' while he was here.
I don't know about the dither between he and Percy, or if that was the reason he decided to pull the pin in Seattle or not, but the bottom line is, he bolted when he didn't really have to.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I get the anti-Tate sentiment at this point. But I sure do miss what he gave us! I don't know (nor do I care!) exactly what transpired between him and Wilson, Wilson's wife, Percy or the FO. For that matter he might be the only one who really "KNOWS"! All I know is he was (is) a dynamic playmaker that we need to prioritize a replacement for in the coming draft/FA market. Love Walters and all, but we could really use a return game and a balling receiver or two.