Prevailing thought is that UW drops this game to Oregon State

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
A lot lower scoring game than I expected, almost certainly due to the weather. Since this CFB playoff system is still basically a beauty contest, the game isn't likely to elevate the Huskies chances of getting a berth. They'll have to hope that one of the four teams ahead of them loses.
Hope? Michigan and Ohio State play each other. Beating the #11 team will move UW to #4. it's really not all that important though. Beat WSU and win the Pac12 title and UW is in. Period.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
so if UW beats the cougs no stupid pac12 championship game?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The only reason that game was close was because of the several dropped passes. It is what it is. As usual, they adjust and adapt and pull it out.
18 in a row is impressive. I don't care what the score is, they finish like very few in college football can.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The offense trying to force long throws to Odunze in the 3rd/4th quarter instead of running the ball and/or taking what ASU was giving them helped keep Oregon State in the game, too. Not sure if that was on Grubb or Penix or whatever, but either way I didn't like it. It's happened in several games this year. There's some hindsight bias, sure, but I feel like taking advantage of the run game and shorter passes is a lot less risky while still yielding a good chance of sustaining drives and scoring points. Plus, committing to that more often should help open up those long throws, because the "short" stuff is working. Not only is the offensive line opening things up in the run game, but when it's not there, Dillon has shown that he can make a guy miss, break tackles, and lean forward for positive yards. That's huge. Keep those defenses working, and keep them guessing.

DJrmb

Reaction score
“Washington right now is No. 1 in ESPN’s strength of record metric, which measures how difficult it would be for the average top 25 team to achieve this same record as Washington against the same opponents. And right now, that’s a 3% chance that anyone else in the top 25 could do what Washington did. That is significant.”
Could Washington get snubbed again?

They've played a harder schedule than anyone else in the nation and are undefeated... How does anyone argue they aren't one of the best teams? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They got it right finally. IF they win the Apple Cup and the Pac-12 Championship, they should move up to 2 or 3, imo. But they won't.
Because.......Washington. Would LOVE to avoid a matchup with Georgia in the 1st round.