Props to the .NET veterans!

otter

Reaction score
Well, I first came to .net around 2004 or so, but otter wasn't my name. I was a mod under my original name, but I think that fell out of favor with people, so I'll stick to this one. I don't post much anymore, but my original name had like 12K posts on the scout site. Something like that. And I remember Trav's articles, loved them..we miss the ferrets Trav.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Can't remember how long I've been with .net in its past incarnations...

I would like to thank .net for introducing me to my international Seahawks Life-partner. Don't post as much as I did in the past but still love coming to this site on a daily basis. I take it like water... Just don't swallow.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
Maybe some of you younger whippersnappers can tell me for sure, but I think I've been around since '98? Can that be right? Wow.

Seafan

Reaction score
Been around since 98. Was on several Hawk boards but quickly found .Net to be the very best. This is a nice trip down memory lane.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I've been around since pre-scout but I don't recall when exactly I started participating here. I saws active at alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks for a few years before that. I've never lived near the Seahawks so I've always relied on the Internet for seahawks information.

I only lurk here now - the old newsgroup community has an active facebook thing going on, which is strangely enough where you can find Harper, although I have him blocked because he hasn't changed and I lost the fight to ban him there.

zhawk

Reaction score
been here since .net started but don't post much. i'm a fan who was a foreigner from the republic of California and now live in the country of Texas. go hawks!!!! :0190l:

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Stumbled upon Seahawks98.com and have basically been here ever since. This place is an institution.

My name has been either Hllywood and Hollywood after the move from scout.

My thanks to Todd (Aros) for his awesome creation, Mark (Rock) for keeping the pirate ship afloat and all of you for keeping me entertained for the better part of the last 16 years.

:mrgreen:

MexHawk

Reaction score
Been lurking around here for a long time... I remember seahawks98, and all the subsequent changes. I will be eternally grateful to Aros and the rest of the team to put this thing together, it was my only connection with the team I love. I was MexHawk in the pre scout forum, then Rafa_ga in the scout, then Mex again in this one. Some people here has been very nice to me and I appreciate it.

This is our time... there's no doubt in my mind that our Seahawks will win this thing for us.

Representing in Mexico.... Go Hawks!

nanomoz

Reaction score
I've been a lurker since about 2001-2002, but it took me a few years to start posting. Though, I did send Aros a message around 2002 about potentially contributing content--before the Scout days.

.Net gas been a staple for me for so long, it's hard to believe.

I'm not sure when I first posted, but I was a regular during the Scout days and Netnation12 switchover.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I was lurking in the pre-Scout days, probably around '99. (before that, I was mostly at the usenet group alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks) I finally registered and began posting a bit about 2002 under the name HeadHunter45. 'Met a few members in Cheney and for a few tailgaters(HardHatMan, you out there???). Shared a beer with Aros and talked hawks at Pyramid way back then. I was banned/left around SB XL when I didn't agree with the way a mod handled a situation. I continued to lurk for a while and just signed up again this season.

Whatever happened to WaterBoy? His posts were awesome. Anyways, a great community here.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I first stumbled across Seahawks.net searching for images of the New Seahawks Logo. That was the same year we moved the NFC and we got a new Home. 2002-2003.

I have been a regular minimal poster ever since, I have had a chance to meet a Lot of the .NET FAmily before home games at Temple! you guys are awesome! Especially Todd Breda.

I really hope to see some of you guys in NYC this weekend!

A

Anonymous

Wow! Reading all these posts was interesting, to say the least.

I started out by watching the first televised game in 76 and haven't looked back. Was as a lurker on the ancient site Aros began, reading everything I possibly could. Then, my work had me shipped cross country in 99 where I lurked some more. You can see when I finally decided to take the plunge on this board, but didn't make my first post for a very long time out of nervousness. When I finally did, I was welcomed, and the rest is history.

I operate my own automotive performance shop and it keeps me extremely busy. This last week, way too busy...

This is a great time to be a Hawks fan. Welcome to those who have recently joined, It's an addiction.

Go Hawks!

CityHawk

Reaction score
Been a member since 2000. I was formerly NoVAHawk but once I moved out of Northern VA and into the District of Columbia I changed my name to CityHawk.

This is by far the best Seahawk fan site and the most knowledgable fan base.

GO HAWKS!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
I just joined last week,,,,,,,wait.........

I think the one many of you have forgotten was the Fanstop sites every NFL team had. That's how I found this place and boy did we bash in those days. Then Todd started this thing Seahawks.net, which became Seahawks98 and the band played on.

Whatsyurprob was the guy that kept screaming "there is no such thing as a Seahawk!", and Ravenhawk and yours truly were the ones that kept him screaming. lol

I used my name for a long time, then a long ago posters said "now don't get pithy leth" and a new username was born. I was Pithy Radish for many years. Then when we left the outlaw site, left Scout, and came home again I went to just The Radish. They guy that made that comment to me was Walrus4 none other than Trent Dilfer's Father in law who later became Schoolmarn and then left us completely.

Probably about my best friends from this site are Hawkstorian and Buckethead.(tho Todd, Mark, Matt and many others are right up there) Both class acts. Hawkstorian makes a point to keep in touch with me on a regular basis. And a newer fan morgulon1 has become a good friend, he even came to the hospital and sat with us waiting for surgery results.

By the way how many of you know what a Pithy Radish actually is without using your goggles?

I miss many of the old gang, one of the ones I miss the most is Kitsapguy, Bruce I know you are around and you are missed. It had been so long since I'd seen him I didn't recognize him at Temple Billiards one of our last games. Boy was I embarrassed at that and we spent a couple of hours together and I truly enjoyed them. And Barbraann, Secret Sqirrel (Dave I think of you every morning when I go with peanuts for our own squirrels. Newer posters like FalconGoggles & his wife who has shared their lives with me from the last few years in his ongoing Air Force Career. Lets hope I can see him make Wing Commander at least.

Kidhawk & I were both friends with Cheinhill/ibchawk, he was really a great guy. Some of the people that came to our Seahawks Training Camp partys are still around. It was great to see the KixKahns at the Swinging Doors. I am working on a once a year thing for the Spokane members, I hope we can get that together for more people next fall.

Its been a long and wonderful ride. Now retired and with foot problems so I can barely walk around a store this place is kind of a lifeline for me. Last winter I got to meet Anguish and hope to get to meet him again someday. The ones of you I've met face to face I say thank you it was great. The ones I've only met behind the keyboards I say thank you it was great.

I am really dazzled and pleased with the numbers of women we are gaining. Knowledgeable fans like KCHawkgirl, TalonHawk, and that sis gal from USC (lol sorry Deb) only make our site stronger. There are many new ones coming on board like that BlitzenBird who has a gal pal she is getting registered.

Its me that should be thanking you. And how many of you actually have an emoticon named after you? I have no idea who did that, but thank you.

And no Andrea, I most certainly am not forgetting our best looking Seahawkgal. :th2thumbs:

:les:

p.s.

Raider JON you little weasel,,,you still owe me a sponge bath. (Kitsapguy will back me up on this)

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Only been here two years but got to say this is the best message board I have seen on the internet for any sport. Love how respectful and passionate this fan base is. Especially the vets. Cheers to you :thirishdrinkers:

GO HAWKS!!!!