Props to the .NET veterans!

Throwdown

Reaction score
drdiags":3hm9snry said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3hm9snry said:
drdiags":3hm9snry said:
...Still remember blaming myself for that MNF Dallas Cowboys meltdown...
Dear god, I'd forgotten about that one. Didn't a poster upthread mention the feeling of optimism that came from signing Julius Jones? Probably because he'd seen this game...

Probably Throw, that is his boy. :stirthepot:

Lol totes mcgotes

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
sutz":jzw22p23 said:
Found this site shortly after the dot com site melted down IIRC. That would put me in the '99-'00 range to start. I do know it was after Todd dropped the '98' from the site name. Lived through the Scout days, even contributed a few articles myself back then.

I remember the angst over the new logo after Todd found it on a logo registration site back in the early Holmgren era. :)

Lot of old posters gone by he wayside (not all have passed on, just left or drifted off) and a lot of new blood infused.

Superb Owl Sunday coming up. It's a great time to be a Seahawk fan!

:th2thumbs:

You're one of the guys I remember as a mainstay from the old site. I still remember how much love you and Steve Harper used to heap upon one another. :lol:

That forum used to get a bit crazy with characters like Ravenhawk, Snazel (or 'snack' if you're 'Pithy Radish,' LOL!), K-Hawk, etc. It truly felt like the wild, wild west for awhile there. I think a few guys frequented that forum just to push other people's buttons. 8) I still remember a fella, don't remember his name, that used to post awesome, fictional play-by-plays of upcoming games. Another guy was a master of very light-hearted, humorous sarcasm in response to the small group of consistently negative posters that hung out there.

There was never a dull moment for sure!

Boiler

Reaction score
I've been around here a long time. Couldn't tell you exactly when. Maybe 2000 ish? The Radish was pithy then, the Breda Report was a regular feature, and Steve Harper kept the discussion interesting. I actually had my post count up over 1000 on one iteration of .NET, but mostly I've been a lurker.

Many thanks to Aros and RockHawk and all the others who've helped keep the community going over the years.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Ive been around since the Steve Harper days, when this was really my only way to feel anything Seahawk-y, living abroad. When I was new I was perhaps even more standoff-ish so a lot of of the personality wars, etc went right over my head. Was probably most active 2004 to 2009.... when I would sometimes post long essays in the science/political forum. Have occasionally toyed with the thought of adding more to the football side of things but real life has a way of getting in the way.

impacthawk

Reaction score
I have been a active member since just after Seahawks98, joining in 2000. Long time members will remember that I was the one that produced the Seahawks.net "Unfinished Business" T-shirts and Hats with Todd. While sales didn't go as well as Todd and I had hoped......The lucky few that got them still talk about them now and again on here. It's been a great run so far....lots of highs and lows, but here we are, right were we thought we would be as we looked forward to the season last summer......and you know what...?

WE STILL HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS.....LET'S GO WIN THIS FRICKIN' GAME!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great thread Mark! What a cool thrill to hear from so many long-time .NET vets and their stories! It's overwhelming to think about all the years gone by and the friendships built through this glorious site that thanks to Mark and his wonderful band of volunteers is still flourishing. I'm deeply touched to see the bonds and communion we've forged together, and the Championship we have all been waiting for could be mere days away. I truly can't think of a better fanbase that deserves the success we are having, and will continue to have for years to come.

Go Hawks! Go .NET! Go 12's!!

Minne

Reaction score
Im very proud of this site. I have had my ups and downs with this site. I joined at 14 or 15 and now I'm 26 so I defiantly matured a lot over the years. This site will always be a part of my life.

sutz

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1am2htuf said:
sutz":1am2htuf said:
Found this site shortly after the dot com site melted down IIRC. That would put me in the '99-'00 range to start. I do know it was after Todd dropped the '98' from the site name. Lived through the Scout days, even contributed a few articles myself back then.

I remember the angst over the new logo after Todd found it on a logo registration site back in the early Holmgren era. :)

Lot of old posters gone by he wayside (not all have passed on, just left or drifted off) and a lot of new blood infused.

Superb Owl Sunday coming up. It's a great time to be a Seahawk fan!

:th2thumbs:

You're one of the guys I remember as a mainstay from the old site. I still remember how much love you and Steve Harper used to heap upon one another. :lol:

That forum used to get a bit crazy with characters like Ravenhawk, Snazel (or 'snack' if you're 'Pithy Radish,' LOL!), K-Hawk, etc. It truly felt like the wild, wild west for awhile there. I think a few guys frequented that forum just to push other people's buttons. 8) I still remember a fella, don't remember his name, that used to post awesome, fictional play-by-plays of upcoming games. Another guy was a master of very light-hearted, humorous sarcasm in response to the small group of consistently negative posters that hung out there.

There was never a dull moment for sure!
Funny you should mention. I remember back in the day, and it might have been the dot com site, but Snazel put up an epic thread with some Raider fans after a loss to them. God, it felt like it went on for days, but it was really just overnight. :)

Yeah, Harper was a PITA, then Amber 'crowned' him KotS and he went off the rails. Not that he was very balanced to begin with.

Ravenhawk had a few epic threads about the existence or not of the "real" seahawk. At least I think he was one of the major participants.

drcool

Reaction score
I can't remember when I started up here but I know it has been quite a while. I met a lot of the old schoolers at a meetup at Les's house after a training camp one year. Probably don't post as much as I should but I read almost every day. Now that I live in Jacksonville, FL this is a great way to still feel connected to the 12s.

Giblien

Reaction score
Been here for a long time. I think I actually joined an older version of this site, but then my account was deleted or something. So my sign up date was 2009 on my account, but I think have been on the forums since 2007 or something like that.

But been a Seahawks fan since I was 2 years old bouncing on my dad's lap screaming "T-Down" whenever we would score. :)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Largent80":2qyo7p7s said:
Ha....Remember Raider John?

I remember him from the radio shows but I don't think I was around if/when he was posting here.

osprey6

Reaction score
Giblien":229p51xa said:
Been here for a long time. I think I actually joined an older version of this site, but then my account was deleted or something. So my sign up date was 2009 on my account, but I think have been on the forums since 2007 or something like that.
:)

Something similar happened to me. I've been slurping in this trough since at least 2000.

chawx1

Reaction score
So many old names bring back memories. Poor Steve Harper, could be the most negative 12 ever. Why do I remember Loco, the raider guy if I recall. Was that Scout?

OrFan

Reaction score
Been wasting time since about 2000 or so, when the .com board went down. Lots of changes have taken place in that time, but it seems to have settled down since (thank God, or Todd I guess) the end of the scout mess.

Morpheus08

Reaction score
I came over with many others from Scout, but mostly just read and Lurk about.

Chapman

Reaction score
I too was a part of the mass exedous from scout.
My first screen name was SlowT but i never could remember my log in.
Then I re registered as Chapman years later.

hawk45

Reaction score
Here for Harper, and pithy Radish on the old scout site, was Hawk45 back then as well although I didn't post as much as I do now.

Got banned after the 05 ref screw, there were folks ready to let that go and I...wasn't ready. Emphatically :)

But I was still in my twenties back then, when I got my reprieve I learned to modulate the old emotions a bit better, and the mods are such good guys here I always settle down immediately if I attract notice in a bad way.

Such a great place we have going here. :thirishdrinkers: to you all.

Edit: used to frequent the AFCW war zone, that was the only place other than .NET that I liked to be. I used to see...I think it was KansasHawksFan (?) back then. Is that guy around here now?

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Hawk fan since 1980 ...

.Net fan since before that !!!

Was on the "old site" for a while but migrated here, ... Sheep!

Much Love ... ;)

THE TABS

Reaction score
Ah, so many memories.

I migrated over to '98 from the old Sporting News message boards back in '99, where THE TABS was born. Having my own soap box to "tell it like it is" was truly gratifying, and a great outlet to voice my adulation, my frustration, and my views on the team, where we were, and where we were going.

Meeting some of you in Cheney was an absolute blast. Hard to believe it's been that long.

Been away for a while, mostly due to being on the road for work. That changed back in September, thankfully, and now I'm home every night with a much more manageable work schedule.

From '08 to '11, the Hawks were a very excruciating watch, so I didn't really feel the need to chime in and state what most people here already knew. Then, Russell Wilson came along, and now, here we are, one game away from hoisting our first Lombardi trophy. I plan on giving my three pennies on the game very soon.

Latest posts