Prosise Needs To Go

StoneCold

Reaction score
Everyone is frustrated with his inability to stay healthy. Fans, Coaches, Termites. But what do we save if we cut him? Does he have any trade value? Who is out there that will give us more by the end of the season? Ultimately what does it cost us to keep him and hope he score a few more times. Next year? Different story. I'd be looking to unload him in the off season.

SeaChat

Reaction score
The whole running back situation has been frustrating, going back to the last couple of seasons that Marshawn hung around, and was fading fast in his ability to play as well. Thomas Rawls came to our rescue and played like a man on fire, appearing to everyone that he was going to meet or beat Lynch's records with us, and I think would have were it not for his ankle injuries taking him down and out.
C.J. Prosise, is a super talent, and I'd go so far as to say he is a phenom, if he could stay healthy. I don't understand it entirely, but it seems that with the new tackling rules and the focus on tackling low, avoiding contact with the upper body, that a bunch of great players are being sidelined with ankle, knee, hip, injuries, broken legs included, and I can't help but suspect the two are related.
I keep thinking that there has to be some protective gear that can be incorporated into the players uniforms, that would offer them greater protection and help prevent or at least reduce these types of injuries from occurring so frequently. The catch 22 is doing so without impairing their performance too dramatically in the process.
Rawls is starting to look like he's on a comeback and on the cusp of doing some great things for us, that is of course, if he can avoid injury for awhile. I haven't heard it discussed but I'm hoping they have done something to help him address his ankle vulnerability issues, meaning added armor of some kind to afford him greater protection. It's obvious that physical conditioning alone isn't enough, because he has worked out like a man possessed to get back in the game and play it the way he knows he can.
As for C.J. Prosise, if they can't figure out how to help him keep from getting injured almost every time the send him out there to play, he's going to have a short lived NFL career.
I don't want to come off sounding all Alpha, when I say that some folks are just simply not tough enough or durable enough to play in the NFL, but I still remember Brian Bosworth (The Boz) talking about how much harder folks hit in the NFL verses College ball, and that he simply couldn't take it.
I know that a lot of folks ridiculed him for making that comment, but he was just telling it like it was and is, some guys just aren't built to take that kind of abuse, no matter how badly they want to play the game.
I think in the case of C.J. that if he wants to play in this league, they are going to have to suit him up with some extra protective armor, to keep his body from betraying him and that won't impair his ability to play the game competitively in the process.
With all the wonders of modern medicine it seems to me that the docs should be able to offer players some means of beefing up their areas of vulnerability and designers of body armor for NFL players to provide some greater protections against injuries to the lower extremities given that is where players are being forced to focus in tackling.
My thoughts, on the matter. I'd hate to see CJ go, he is such a great talent, if they could help him avoid injury and stay healthy, if not, I don't see where they have any options but to let him go.

chris98251

Reaction score
pacific101":3126iv17 said:
The whole running back situation has been frustrating, going back to the last couple of seasons that Marshawn hung around, and was fading fast in his ability to play as well. Thomas Rawls came to our rescue and played like a man on fire, appearing to everyone that he was going to meet or beat Lynch's records with us, and I think would have were it not for his ankle injuries taking him down and out.
C.J. Prosise, is a super talent, and I'd go so far as to say he is a phenom, if he could stay healthy. I don't understand it entirely, but it seems that with the new tackling rules and the focus on tackling low, avoiding contact with the upper body, that a bunch of great players are being sidelined with ankle, knee, hip, injuries, broken legs included, and I can't help but suspect the two are related.
I keep thinking that there has to be some protective gear that can be incorporated into the players uniforms, that would offer them greater protection and help prevent or at least reduce these types of injuries from occurring so frequently. The catch 22 is doing so without impairing their performance too dramatically in the process.
Rawls is starting to look like he's on a comeback and on the cusp of doing some great things for us, that is of course, if he can avoid injury for awhile. I haven't heard it discussed but I'm hoping they have done something to help him address his ankle vulnerability issues, meaning added armor of some kind to afford him greater protection. It's obvious that physical conditioning alone isn't enough, because he has worked out like a man possessed to get back in the game and play it the way he knows he can.
As for C.J. Prosise, if they can't figure out how to help him keep from getting injured almost every time the send him out there to play, he's going to have a short lived NFL career.
I don't want to come off sounding all Alpha, when I say that some folks are just simply not tough enough or durable enough to play in the NFL, but I still remember Brian Bosworth (The Boz) talking about how much harder folks hit in the NFL verses College ball, and that he simply couldn't take it.
I know that a lot of folks ridiculed him for making that comment, but he was just telling it like it was and is, some guys just aren't built to take that kind of abuse, no matter how badly they want to play the game.
I think in the case of C.J. that if he wants to play in this league, they are going to have to suit him up with some extra protective armor, to keep his body from betraying him and that won't impair his ability to play the game competitively in the process.
With all the wonders of modern medicine it seems to me that the docs should be able to offer players some means of beefing up their areas of vulnerability and designers of body armor for NFL players to provide some greater protections against injuries to the lower extremities given that is where players are being forced to focus in tackling.
My thoughts, on the matter. I'd hate to see CJ go, he is such a great talent, if they could help him avoid injury and stay healthy, if not, I don't see where they have any options but to let him go.

They have it, players don't want to wear it, remember they had to make it a rule to wear thigh, knee and tail bone pads a few years ago. Players state it doesn't look goo, it slows them down etc. College players at least on the line have the knee braces, look at the pros you will be lucky to see any wear them, same with the extended pad for backs that many RB have in college. Ankles that a tough one since the ankle extends to the shoe, other then wrapping everyone which they do anyway almost a special brace would be very restrictive and in comfortable.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Megatron":3qv3ew9m said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3qv3ew9m said:
THE TABS":3qv3ew9m said:
At the very least, he needs to be converted back to WR. He is just not built to be a RB.

I’d rather have him as our Wr5 than Tanner Mc. Remind me again why we kept him over Kasen Williams?
I'm not sure if you remember this but to me the most memorable play in which Prosise got injured was I believe in a game against the Eagles.

He scored on a run going to the right and then jumped (dived) into the end zone (he did not have to dive) and landed on I believe his shoulder and was out for a while after that.

This guy is just not a player you can depend on.

The opposition doesn't even need to lay a finger on him and Prosise will get injured.

It's pretty pathetic actually.

I shake my head every time I see him on the field because you know he isn't gonna last, possibly, not even the next snap. And possibly (very likely) by his own doing!

Just pathetic!

That is incorrect. CJ Prosise scored the touchdown on the Seahawks second drive. He was not "out for a while after that" since he was still playing on the Seahawks third drive. So no, he did not injure himself on that play, unless he scored a touchdown later in the game, which he did not because he only scored one touchdown in that game. It takes an incredible amount of force to break a scapula.

Hello kind sir, if I was incorrect that Prosise DID NOT get hurt after he scored, I am manning up to it and say, I was incorrect and I was wrong. But!!!

I stand by my comment that Prosise was indeed out for a while after his injury.

Prosise missed the following game against the Bucs, Panthers, Packers, Rams, Cards, and then Niners.

Courtesy of NFL.com and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Se ... wks_season

Again, if I was wrong when he scored, I take ownership and stand corrected but I stand by my comment, Prosise was indeed "Out for a while" after and I point to my source.

Feel free to check the number of rushing attempts Prosise had after the 2016 Eagles game.

That is all.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":14uk0j0k said:
Please folks, lets not be foolish.
Prosise isn't going anywhere...

It is fair, and justified, to point out that Prosise at this juncture has pretty much at this point has been a wasted pick.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1w393oy7 said:
400WattHPSHawk":1w393oy7 said:

It is fair, and justified, to point out that Prosise at this juncture has pretty much at this point has been a wasted pick.

I'll agree of course it SUCKS he's been hurt, shit happens with different folks. Growing up myself, i played baskeb

all and with that were too many sprained ankles, but TN that didn't mean n i wasn't whoopin your ass when b i was healthy.

I am sure he's not a wasted pick and to think otherwise leads me to believe those that think otherwise havent ever really played sports at any level anywise.

chris98251

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":15setfre said:
PlinytheCenter":15setfre said:
400WattHPSHawk":15setfre said:

I'll agree of course it SUCKS he's been hurt, shit happens with different folks. Growing up myself, i played baskeb

all and with that were too many sprained ankles, but TN that didn't mean n i wasn't whoopin your ass when b i was healthy.

I am sure he's not a wasted pick and to think otherwise leads me to believe those that think otherwise havent ever really played sports at any level anywise.

So you were Sam Bowie, or Greg Oden, that worked out well. Using Basketball as a reference, Prosise so far is fitting that category.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2py2no1n said:
400WattHPSHawk":2py2no1n said:
PlinytheCenter":2py2no1n said:
400WattHPSHawk":2py2no1n said:

So you were Sam Bowie, or Greg Oden, that worked out well. Using Basketball as a reference, Prosise so far is fitting that category.

Sam Bowie if you remember right was damaged goods coming out of college (broken fibula) and suffered the same fate with the Trailblazers....and Oden, what might have been barring his injuries...dude was a beast at OSU.

Astros mounting a comeback....

Say what now?

Josea16

Reaction score
pacific101":13bdr2tb said:
We can only hope concerning CJ because he is a true tilt the field player but it isn't like the Seahawks didn't know he was high risk/high upside.

Fact is he has the 2 years after this season guaranteed to prove he can remain mostly healthy if he does he will be resigned. Remember all the Negative Nellies around here all hot to trot to cut bait on Paul Richardson last year?

Well they went back into their garbage cana and will for CJ if we just stop rushing CJ in too early. You have to know Pete and Bevell want him in bad given they keep rushing him in at any possible chance.

Stop the madness and get him actually healthy and trust Wilson to carry the offense with a quick uptempo pass offense to setup the run already.

When they do this it not only works, it sets league records for godsake. Thank God Wilson isn't about statistics like the Manning brothers, Rodgers, Rivers, Rothliesburger and about winning like Brady and Matty Ice and couple others.

While you're at it how about spend some actual money on offense also? Everyone knows the number one axiom in life is you get what you pay for and that counts double in sports.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Megatron":3c8yeaw4 said:
chris98251":3c8yeaw4 said:
Megatron":3c8yeaw4 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3c8yeaw4 said:
I'm not sure if you remember this but to me the most memorable play in which Prosise got injured was I believe in a game against the Eagles.

He scored on a run going to the right and then jumped (dived) into the end zone (he did not have to dive) and landed on I believe his shoulder and was out for a while after that.

The opposition doesn't even need to lay a finger on him and Prosise will get injured.

I shake my head every time I see him on the field because you know he isn't gonna last, possibly, not even the next snap. And possibly (very likely) by his own doing!

Just pathetic!

That is incorrect. CJ Prosise scored the touchdown on the Seahawks second drive. He was not "out for a while after that" since he was still playing on the Seahawks third drive. So no, he did not injure himself on that play, unless he scored a touchdown later in the game, which he did not because he only scored one touchdown in that game. It takes an incredible amount of force to break a scapula.

Unless it's made of Crystal.

Well if he is made of crystal he should have broken almost every other bone in his body by now because scapula fractures account for 1% of all fractures.
The trauma necessary to break a scapula ends up killing 30% of the people who break it end up dead. CJ and I are in the 70% that don't

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":zz2uyre4 said:
Megatron":zz2uyre4 said:
chris98251":zz2uyre4 said:
Megatron":zz2uyre4 said:

Unless it's made of Crystal.

Well if he is made of crystal he should have broken almost every other bone in his body by now because scapula fractures account for 1% of all fractures.
The trauma necessary to break a scapula ends up killing 30% of the people who break it end up dead. CJ and I are in the 70% that don't

But, are you still on your rookie contract?

Megatron

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2v2nq20u said:
Megatron":2v2nq20u said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2v2nq20u said:
THE TABS":2v2nq20u said:
At the very least, he needs to be converted back to WR. He is just not built to be a RB.

I’d rather have him as our Wr5 than Tanner Mc. Remind me again why we kept him over Kasen Williams?

Just pathetic!

Hello kind sir, if I was incorrect that Prosise DID NOT get hurt after he scored, I am manning up to it and say, I was incorrect and I was wrong. But!!!

I stand by my comment that Prosise was indeed out for a while after his injury.

Prosise missed the following game against the Bucs, Panthers, Packers, Rams, Cards, and then Niners.

Courtesy of NFL.com and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Se ... wks_season

Again, if I was wrong when he scored, I take ownership and stand corrected but I stand by my comment, Prosise was indeed "Out for a while" after and I point to my source.

Feel free to check the number of rushing attempts Prosise had after the 2016 Eagles game.

That is all.

I was quoting from your original timeline where you said "He scored on a run going to the right and then jumped (dived) into the end zone (he did not have to dive) and landed on I believe his shoulder and was out for a while after that."

My disagreement was with your timeline about when the injury occurred and when he was out, it was not on the touchdown run since he played in the possession after that. Look at sdog1981's post right above my original post regarding this subject, he says the same thing, he was not injured on the touchdown run.

Does this look like an injured player to you, because it doesn't to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QI_nlXtK0M

The only thing I can agree with you on is he was out after the injury. He was not injured without the opposition laying a finger on him and/or by his own doing. Again, it takes an incredible amount of force to fracture a scapula and there is nothing pathetic about it.

That is all.

chris98251

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1j7z6n5r said:
chris98251":1j7z6n5r said:
400WattHPSHawk":1j7z6n5r said:
PlinytheCenter":1j7z6n5r said:

Sam Bowie if you remember right was damaged goods coming out of college (broken fibula) and suffered the same fate with the Trailblazers....and Oden, what might have been barring his injuries...dude was a beast at OSU.

Astros mounting a comeback....

Say what now?

Prosise had injury issues in College as well.