Prosise Needs To Go

HawkerD

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1c5wnxwx said:
With so much RB depth you want to get rid of a talented player who at worst is 4th string and is at best a star? No offense, but I'm glad some of you aren't making GM decisions

Like someone once said, any thing before the "but" is pure BS.

mikeak

Reaction score
Make sure to call an Uber and wheel him out in a wheel chair like they do in the hospital

Just so he doesn't get injured on his way out the door

No but seriously - as noted we don't really truly need the roster spot right now. There is no money to be saved. Keep him on the team if he shows up in one game and it is the playoffs and he gets a 100 all-purpose yards then suddenly it looks like the move of the year to keep him. If not - well nothing to lose right now

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Needs to go? Go where? We all know where he's permanently stationed, the trainer's rooms.

Hard to say he needs to go when he's hardly ever even been here, except when injured.

His situation has become a sad joke and his position on the roster is at best tenuous because he's completely unreliable in terms of availability. Perhaps with some availability he can make a late season impact so the team can trade his sorry perpetually broken azz elsewhwere, but at least out of the division.

He's clearly now last on the DC for RBs, he's lost his 3rd down back position to McIsaac. Perhaps he needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap b/c he can injure himself just running.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, I love his potential, but potential and 50 bucks gets you 50 bucks. I would love nothing more than if he gets healthy, and stays healthy because we've seen what he is capable of. But after awhile the perpetual injuries just wears on you. Enough.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Mckissic has been better than Prosise, and healthy. No need for Prosise even when he's healthy. Trade him if you can, otherwise cut him and bring up Mike Davis.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3k75u4ub said:
Scorpion05":3k75u4ub said:
With so much RB depth you want to get rid of a talented player who at worst is 4th string and is at best a star? No offense, but I'm glad some of you aren't making GM decisions

Year #2, and "at best" has been ONE game in NE.

Other than that all Prosise has done is suck up cap space and a roster spot with soft tissue injuries. That's not worth it to me.

It's mid season, so it's too late to do anything now. But if Prosise can't get healthy and contribute, and I mean contribute IMMEDIATELY the rest of the season.

I cut his ass in the off season.

Well great, like I said, glad GM decisions aren't being made here

If we were so talented at RB we'd have a consistent running game. We don't, at the very least we have decent depth

Several of you made the same judgment about Paul Richardson. Some of you wanted Kam gone last year, or Bennett gone this year even though advanced stats show he's our best Defensive lineman and frees up Frank Clark, Richardson, etc.

A coach and GM needs to have perspective. Not the overreaction, hot takes that we as fans typically engage in. Prosise is talented enough for the patience. He's not taking that much cap space that he's a concern. McKissic has also not shown an ability to run between the tackles, but he's great in space

He's also had more than one game of playing well in NE, so again, there goes that lack of perspective. You cut talent when you have something to replace it, not on guesses

HawkerD":3k75u4ub said:
Scorpion05":3k75u4ub said:

Like someone once said, any thing before the "but" is pure BS.

Oh okay great. I thought I was trying to keep the conversation civil "but" thanks for the input

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":ggttg1rx said:
IR him for the year and give him ONE more chance next year. If he THEN gets hurt, buh-bye. Enough.

And pick up who ? Not like we have a bunch of good RB's just sitting at home or on someone PS out there.

I think Mckissic Wally Pip'd him and took his spot.

I also think this is good news. We'll be looking for a RB next year, and likely fairly high. Lacy didn't work out as intended (I can't believe they gave him 4 mil/year to be a short yardage/goal line guy), Rawls just doesn't look to have it anymore, Prosise is hurt all the time and Carson is out.

You only have a 7th round investment in Carson. Draft a guy in the 3rd round next year and split carries, with McKissic the change of pace guy. The Saints got Alvin Kamara in the 3rd. He was a guy I was pounding the drum for.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1fq8ilrb said:
Look, I love his potential, but potential and 50 bucks gets you 50 bucks. I would love nothing more than if he gets healthy, and stays healthy because we've seen what he is capable of. But after awhile the perpetual injuries just wears on you. Enough.
In other words:He is a nice looking "Lemon" :snack:

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawks46":14tjh8ma said:
Aros":14tjh8ma said:
IR him for the year and give him ONE more chance next year. If he THEN gets hurt, buh-bye. Enough.

And pick up who ? Not like we have a bunch of good RB's just sitting at home or on someone PS out there.

I think Mckissic Wally Pip'd him and took his spot.

I also think this is good news. We'll be looking for a RB next year, and likely fairly high. Lacy didn't work out as intended (I can't believe they gave him 4 mil/year to be a short yardage/goal line guy), Rawls just doesn't look to have it anymore, Prosise is hurt all the time and Carson is out.

You only have a 7th round investment in Carson. Draft a guy in the 3rd round next year and split carries, with McKissic the change of pace guy. The Saints got Alvin Kamara in the 3rd. He was a guy I was pounding the drum for.

I don't see us selecting RB in rounds 1-3 because:

a. defense needs depth
b. duh (Oline)
c. Jimmy situation = no re-sign?...then athletic TE
re-sign?......then potentially look at another 3rd round QB (long term backup locked up)
OR.....physical receiver

Are you certain Lacy was intended as a short yardage guy? seems to me we intended to bring out a 1st/2nd down bull and got Lendale White v2.0.

I agree on Rawls and not being the same anymore, but in my mind this year worked to our favor in that he is so far down on anyone's wish list, next year will be a cheap and easy re-sign. Sorry to say, but I think with the massive needs of the future piling up in light of the defensive contracts + age coming due in the coming years of '18, '19, and '20, we have to strike gold again in those defensive areas and throwing anything at RB takes away from all the other holes. Right now it's bird in the hand to me and Carson, CJ, JD, and Rawls gives me everything I need from the position. Remember you can pull a serviceable Collins off the board in the 7th, is a 2nd or 3rd really giving value over what we already got? I don't think so.

If CJ can just get healthy to finish this year in the homestretch, we will have him and JD shredding defenses with Rawls banging around the field. I think that's all we need to reach the NFCCG, provided all the regulars maintain health as well obviously.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawks46":34qus3nw said:
Aros":34qus3nw said:
Draft a guy in the 3rd round next year and split carries, with McKissic the change of pace guy. The Saints got Alvin Kamara in the 3rd. He was a guy I was pounding the drum for.
Agree with this. Carson's recovery timeline is totally up in the air. We need to draft some young, talented legs.
Kamara would be looking like a pretty sweet addition right about now, huh?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Mad Dog":p3u5ymyu said:
I have no idea why cutting guys on favorable rookie contracts is ever a thing. Geez. You can't find cheaper talent on the street. I'd keep him around until his rookie deal ends and then cut bait. At least if someone else is foolish enough to sign him to a decent contract, we get a comp pick out of it.

Problem is, he IS on the street. I don't want to see any of our guys fail, but holy cow this guy just can't stay healthy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ha206b9 said:
Aros":2ha206b9 said:

We still haven't even filled Avril's spot on the roster yet, so there's really no need to IR him at this point. I'd definitely give him more time to rest that ankle and get it back to 100%. We'll be ok with Rawls/McKisssic for awhile. Our strength is in our pass game anyway. We just need some reasonable rushing to keep defenses honest.
As Seafan suggested above, bring Mike Davis in and rest CJP for the remainder of this season, THEN if he can't stay healthy after that, maybe he's not cut out for the job, and needs to get on with his life.
In all fairness, Davis did show some promise in the preseason games, albeit playing against some suspect defenders.

THE TABS

Reaction score
At the very least, he needs to be converted back to WR. He is just not built to be a RB.

I’d rather have him as our Wr5 than Tanner Mc. Remind me again why we kept him over Kasen Williams?

Fade

Reaction score
Patience.

He could go off at the end of the year, and have a monster post-season. He has that kind of talent.

No need to be hasty, he isn't making big money.

Mr. Glass has the next 10 games to show something, but yes he is running out of time.

Patience.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
THE TABS":3sjxglme said:
At the very least, he needs to be converted back to WR. He is just not built to be a RB.

I’d rather have him as our Wr5 than Tanner Mc. Remind me again why we kept him over Kasen Williams?
I'm not sure if you remember this but to me the most memorable play in which Prosise got injured was I believe in a game against the Eagles.

He scored on a run going to the right and then jumped (dived) into the end zone (he did not have to dive) and landed on I believe his shoulder and was out for a while after that.

This guy is just not a player you can depend on.

The opposition doesn't even need to lay a finger on him and Prosise will get injured.

It's pretty pathetic actually.

I shake my head every time I see him on the field because you know he isn't gonna last, possibly, not even the next snap. And possibly (very likely) by his own doing!

Just pathetic!

Megatron

Reaction score
THE TABS":2m38e155 said:

Kasen Williams hasn't been lighting it up in Cleveland, 9 receptions, 84 yards, 0 TDs. Everyone's favorite whipping boy Jermaine Kearse has 27 receptions, 328 yards, and 4 TDs. Only 48 fewer yards, with 9 less catches than Doug Baldwin with 2 more TDs. Kasen Williams has also been targeted 18 times with 9 catches, Jermaine Kearse has been targeted 37 times with 27 catches, if you extrapolate those numbers Kasen Williams targeted 36 times with 18 catches, looks much worse on paper. Keeping in mind I haven't seen either of them play this year, I don't know how many were drops or uncatchable passes, (but no passes are uncatchable for Kasen Williams given his massive catch radius and amazing ability to jump and high point the ball according to some posters around here). Tanner McEvoy, even though he hasn't done much this year, still has better career stats than Kasen Williams. Let's not forget Kasen Williams wasn't the best downfield blocker or gave a 100% on all plays, I think it's easy to see why they kept McEvoy over Williams. Now who would you rather have Williams or Kearse? McEvoy or Kearse? Be careful for what you wish for, you may not like the outcome in the end.

sdog1981

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ot3fy5es said:
THE TABS":ot3fy5es said:

I'm not sure if you remember this but to me the most memorable play in which Prosise got injured was I believe in a game against the Eagles.

He scored on a run going to the right and then jumped (dived) into the end zone (he did not have to dive) and landed on I believe his shoulder and was out for a while after that.

Yeah everyone thinks this is when he got hurt but it was on the next Seattle possession he went out for a pass got hit by and defender and left with a broken scapula.

Megatron

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":qt1d8uu5 said:
THE TABS":qt1d8uu5 said:

The opposition doesn't even need to lay a finger on him and Prosise will get injured.

I shake my head every time I see him on the field because you know he isn't gonna last, possibly, not even the next snap. And possibly (very likely) by his own doing!

Just pathetic!

That is incorrect. CJ Prosise scored the touchdown on the Seahawks second drive. He was not "out for a while after that" since he was still playing on the Seahawks third drive. So no, he did not injure himself on that play, unless he scored a touchdown later in the game, which he did not because he only scored one touchdown in that game. It takes an incredible amount of force to break a scapula.

chris98251

Reaction score
Megatron":cn37yp55 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":cn37yp55 said:
THE TABS":cn37yp55 said:

Just pathetic!

That is incorrect. CJ Prosise scored the touchdown on the Seahawks second drive. He was not "out for a while after that" since he was still playing on the Seahawks third drive. So no, he did not injure himself on that play, unless he scored a touchdown later in the game, which he did not because he only scored one touchdown in that game. It takes an incredible amount of force to break a scapula.

Unless it's made of Crystal.

Megatron

Reaction score
chris98251":3caeq0qh said:
Megatron":3caeq0qh said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3caeq0qh said:
THE TABS":3caeq0qh said:

Just pathetic!

Unless it's made of Crystal.

Well if he is made of crystal he should have broken almost every other bone in his body by now because scapula fractures account for 1% of all fractures.