Putting it all together

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
From coaching to game planning to offense to defense to special teams...this team needs to come out and put it all together.

Early on the offense was clicking and was virtually unstoppable. The defense started out playing like they didn't know their job was to actually stop the other team from gaining ground and scoring. The last 2 1/2 weeks have shown a vast improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Take away that 3rd quarter drive with a 70 yard scamper from the Giants and one could argue that the defense played lights out.

So the defense looks like they have found themselves while the offense has forgotten how to protect the ball, let alone score. If the offense can get back part of what they were in September and October, while the defense continues to play better, this team really can compete for a championship.

Coaches need to coach and the game plan needs to account for adjustments. I'm not sure why these things were missing against the Giants. Players and coaches are human. Humans do stupid things. Like underestimate their opponents based on records. If this was the case last Sunday, then it should serve as a hell of a wakeup call.

I've seen enough this year to know that this team can play with anybody. Unfortunately that's exactly what they do. They play to the strength or weakness of their opponent. They are like a cat that prefers to play with the mouse they caught instead of just devouring it. Sometimes the mouse gets away.

I believe that we will see them put it all together at some point this season. If its for only one game, good for them. If its for a season ending run and deep dive into the playoffs, good for all of us. To a man, from coaches to players, these Seahawks have to be pissed off by what transpired on Sunday. Sure the Giants have been winning some games lately and are obviously better than their record shows, but to not show up in the areas of your team where you are obviously strongest and better is just plain lazy.

I'm most usually in the optimist crowd when it comes to Seahawks football, but after the loss to the Giants, I'm optimistically disappointed.

Pull it together Pete and coaches. Play your asses off players.

W

Welshers

I agree we will get it together. Also the giants were way underrated and won 4 straight, Los not as bad as it may seem

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
"Putting it all together" denotes some switch the coaches and players can flip.

That's not how football works, especially in the NFL. It's 1,000's of ever evolving (or devolving) decisions and moments to make those decisions the correct ones.

Pete, Russell and Schotty decided five weeks ago once Russell started turning the ball over that nothing was needed to be changed as far as scheme, playcalling or in game adjustments. So here we are, five weeks later looking at the same rattled unsure uncomfortable quarterback no longer being successful in the offense that was working for the first five weeks because good teams and good defenses now knew what we were running, and adjusted.

That's not putting anything together, other than stop being stubborn and change the way you scheme and playcall, goes for all involved.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Welshers":kxpja3qb said:
I agree we will get it together. Also the giants were way underrated and won 4 straight, Los not as bad as it may seem

The loss wouldn't be "as bad as it may seem", if the division wasn't on the line. And if the offence and coaching staff didn't seem uninterested the whole time.

LTH

Reaction score
TypeSly":29p9xe1x said:
Welshers":29p9xe1x said:

The loss wouldn't be "as bad as it may seem", if the division wasn't on the line. And if the offence and coaching staff didn't seem uninterested the whole time.

What makes you believe the coaching staff is uninterested the whole time... what information do you have to back that up?

LTH