QB Brett Hundley Traded To Seahawks

PackerNation

Reaction score
Gio":n14as2cu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034803915685027840[/tweet]

Honestly, I think this was a bad trade. Maybe he will work out but Hundley plays well in preseason and just sucks in the regular season. Especially if you apply even a little bit of pressure on him.

His arm strength is a joke and his accuracy throwing deep is even "funnier".

We now have Kizer as our backup right now (came over from Cleveland in a trade for Randall) but we have a kid by the name of Tim Boyle who is really looking good! He would have been a much better trade option if Green Bay was willing to part with him.

Inside info: Green Bay's OL could really struggle this year. Jason Spriggs looks like a complete bust and we really don't have too many viable options if guys start to get hurt. They will, they do every year. Our right side of the line is a mess.

Josh Jackson will be DPOY (Rookie)... That kid can seriously ball. We actually might have a defense and Rodgers is locked up at over $100 million.

Good luck this year.... It looks like a bit of a rebuilding for you guys, especially on defense. Rams and 9ers could be tought o get past. Season is almost here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Boo waste of a 6th round pick. Remember Chris Carson? Never call a 6th or 7th round pick worthless.

Of Course CBS Sports thinks enough of them to grade them LOL!

249 D- A D MINUS! For a 7th round running back! (They gave us a D for David Moore :p

Seahawks select: Chris Carson, RB, Oklahoma State

A determined runner who runs through defenders and can carve out a role as a short yardage back Limited potential, but can get the tough yards.

#Seahawks 7th-rd pick, Div II East Central Oklahoma WR David Moore: 6 feet 5/8, 219, 4.43 40, 35 career TDs.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/29/15 ... division-2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017 ... d-7-picks/

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Holy Moly, you'd think the sky was falling with all the negativity surrounding this trade.

What about let's see if he has anything before writing the player off? He may in fact be worthless, but Schneider sees something and he knows more about personnel than we do.

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3a1k7k5o said:
Holy Moly, you'd think the sky was falling with all the negativity surrounding this trade.

What about let's see if he has anything before writing the player off? He may in fact be worthless, but Schneider sees something and he knows more about personnel than we do.

Why ever discuss anything then? We'll just wait for the games to be over and copy/paste the box score.

Would we have been wrong for questioning the Harvin trade? Schneider isn't perfect, nothing wrong with making educated predictions on the future. Sports are boring without it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":18ux7dty said:

I just think it's a wasted trade. Right now, we went from 2 potential backups who are a huge drop off should something happen to Wilson, to having 3 potential backups who are a huge drop off. If we lose Wilson for any real length of time we are toast and I don't see any of these guys ever supplanting Wilson, so I don't really see the need to spend a pick to not really improve our odds of winning.

adeltaY

Reaction score
he's better than what we have, but that's not saying too much. Didn't they get shut out twice at home with this guy at the helm? Didn't put out much good stuff on film and has three years of experience in the league. The sixth round pick isn't something to get hung up on, but I'm not sure what good having Hundley on the roster for the year will do for us. He hasn't shown he can win a game against even decent competition (Browns and Bucs in OT - terrible teams that took the Packers to the limit).

naholmes

Reaction score
Hundley is a much better fit in Seahawks offense. There aren’t many QBs in the league that would have been successful in his situation last year. I think it’s a good trade and next year’s #6 is not a steep price to pay.

McGough will likely end up on PS and there will be a better competition for the backup job next season.

Bridgewater just traded too so there would have been no chance to get him for free.

adeltaY

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2b041mic said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034872921070678021[/tweet]

Ooooh now that's a move! Teddy's a heck of a QB and if he's healthy he can step right in after Drew retires.

Rat

Reaction score
PackerNation":38nqc8c2 said:
Gio":38nqc8c2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034803915685027840[/tweet]

Honestly, I think this was a bad trade. Maybe he will work out but Hundley plays well in preseason and just sucks in the regular season. Especially if you apply even a little bit of pressure on him.

His arm strength is a joke and his accuracy throwing deep is even "funnier".

We now have Kizer as our backup right now (came over from Cleveland in a trade for Randall) but we have a kid by the name of Tim Boyle who is really looking good! He would have been a much better trade option if Green Bay was willing to part with him.

Inside info: Green Bay's OL could really struggle this year. Jason Spriggs looks like a complete bust and we really don't have too many viable options if guys start to get hurt. They will, they do every year. Our right side of the line is a mess.

Josh Jackson will be DPOY (Rookie)... That kid can seriously ball. We actually might have a defense and Rodgers is locked up at over $100 million.

Good luck this year.... It looks like a bit of a rebuilding for you guys, especially on defense. Rams and 9ers could be tought o get past. Season is almost here.

Loved the Jackson pick. That's who I was calling for when the Seahawks took Rashaad Penny, and then Jackson went like 20 picks later. Huge steal. Or maybe I just suck at player evaluation. I guess those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm surprised Spriggs hasn't been better. I thought his athleticism was at least worthy of a second rounder.

It'll be interesting to see how Michael Dickson vs JK Scott works out in the future. Both were complete studs in college were 5th round picks.

Own The West

Reaction score
I don't really get this trade tbh. We lack depth, so draft picks are precious. Hundley, McGough, or a Scarecrow with a painted jersey will have the same chance of getting us to the playoffs if Wilson goes down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, 6th round pick for a team that stockpiles picks all the time is SO hard to fathom. Meh, they will add plenty in the next draft, including the 6th round.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":kpy3spg8 said:
Yeah, 6th round pick for a team that stockpiles picks all the time is SO hard to fathom. Meh, they will add plenty in the next draft, including the 6th round.

1 less dart is 1 lost chance at a bullseye. ;)

darts-missing-the-bullseye-target_qycey-h9__S0003.jpg

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If you watched the games, Hundley was not terrible. He was okay. It shouldn't be that black and white. It's almost as if he would have had to ball out for people to say he's good. He's decent, and better than what we have

nrayorr

Reaction score
lukerguy":37ossu84 said:
I wonder if he will play tomorrow.

I would say he will. I see Austin being cut today and then we will see a lot of Hundley and McGough tomorrow night. None of the starters will play tomorrow I can almost guarantee that.