QBs Austin Davis & Kaep to Visit Seahawks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Start the clock if we sign Krapperneck, Wilson throws an interception or makes a mistake...the hue and cry for him to "Save the Hawks"will be unbearable. :229031_banghead:

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'll be happy with whatever backup QB we end up with, including Boykin, provided they are comfortable starting them a couple of times this year if Russell gets dinged up. I subscribe to the theory that your backup QB should be able to start 4 games a year and give you a decent shot at going 2-2 in that stretch.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":ce1pef8l said:
Start the clock if we sign Krapperneck, Wilson throws an interception or makes a mistake...the hue and cry for him to "Save the Hawks"will be unbearable. :229031_banghead:

Wilson is a franchise qb, this isn't the same as we had in the past when we were constantly looking for the "qb of the future". There is really only a few scenarios I see fans wanting Kaep to come in (should he even come here as a backup).

1) If Wilson is hurt and visibly hobbling like last season....It would be nice to have a quarterback who could come in and compliment the rushing attack and give us a chance to win games and let our star mend.

2) Wilson's previous time here was an aberration and he just sucks from this point forward (I don't see this as realistic, but as extremely unlikely it is, it's a very very slight possibility

3) Kaep fans who aren't Seahawks fans, but are fans of the player. There are always a few of these, but it will likely not be anywhere close to a majority or even large minority of fans and they'll be easy to spot with their niner bumper stickers :lol:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3acnoool said:
SPOHAWK":3acnoool said:

Wilson is a franchise qb, this isn't the same as we had in the past when we were constantly looking for the "qb of the future".

This all day. There is no scenario where Kaep threatens Wilson's position as starter. None.

kidhawk":3acnoool said:
1) If Wilson is hurt and visibly hobbling like last season....It would be nice to have a quarterback who could come in and compliment the rushing attack and give us a chance to win games and let our star mend.

This again. This exact scenario did happen. And very nearly cost Wilson the entire 2016 season. His injured knee was a direct result of his limited mobility because of his sprained ankle. He was clean and out of the pocket and simply couldn't or wouldn't throw the ball away in a situation where healthy he cruises to a 5-6 yard scramble out of bounds.

His injury limitation directly resulted in a nearly catastrophic injury. He was stupid lucky he didn't RG3 his knee on that play.

That was the doomsday scenario nearly played out right in front of Pete's face. Wilson is probably the best I've seen at being judicious about getting down or out of bounds to protect himself. But in the heat of the play, he couldn't account for just how limited he was mobility wise and it compromised his usually sound decision making.

It wouldn't merely be nice. It's ensuring that you have Wilson for 12-15 years. Instead of 5-10.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":39h7u42w said:
My reaction when Kaep optioned out of his contract with SF was essentially "what a mistake".

He was set to receive $14M for 2017, correct? He won't sniff anything close to that as a backup.

Yep, but at least he's out of SF.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":1jf9fjf0 said:
SPOHAWK":1jf9fjf0 said:

Wilson is a franchise qb, this isn't the same as we had in the past when we were constantly looking for the "qb of the future". There is really only a few scenarios I see fans wanting Kaep to come in (should he even come here as a backup).

2) Wilson's previous time here was an aberration and he just sucks from this point forward (I don't see this as realistic, but as extremely unlikely it is, it's a very very slight possibility

3) Kaep fans who aren't Seahawks fans, but are fans of the player. There are always a few of these, but it will likely not be anywhere close to a majority or even large minority of fans and they'll be easy to spot with their niner bumper stickers :lol:

...and Beats......

And for your audio pleasure...a song...I am not singing.

[youtube]f55KlPe81Yw[/youtube]

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":1xy5bsut said:
StoneCold":1xy5bsut said:
Seymour":1xy5bsut said:
LOL. OK then, "you" was the wrong word, Pete likely won't take that bet is my point.

Won't it depend on the cost of that policy and the likely hood it pays off if neccessary?

No, I do not think so. We have Rawls, Lacey, Procise, Collins, and a few other good prospects to carry the ball. Why hand it to Kap? Most of his yards are open field, light contact. There are better tools in the drawer.

Ah I missed this was only about having him run it. Agreed. Not why he's being looked at.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are actual "fans" out there who claim that they won't watch the team if they sign Kaep.
Insert massive eye roll here........

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Sign Kaep to a very team friendly contract. Tell him he will get meaningful minutes when the game is not on the line, and have an opportunity to resurrect your career. Hawks in turn will have a valuable trade piece in a QB hungry league.

massari

Reaction score
Kaepernick comes in 1 season plays well without any distraction, could net the Hawks a 3rd round comp pick.

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":zkhnroqc said:
Kaepernick comes in 1 season plays well without any distraction, could net the Hawks a 3rd round comp pick.

How does he "play well" as a backup QB that we haven't needed for 5 years?

massari

Reaction score
Seymour":y8ehpb4d said:
massari":y8ehpb4d said:

How does he "play well" as a backup QB that we haven't needed for 5 years?
If the Hawks had Kaepernick last season, Wilson likely sits out a few games to heal up for the playoffs.

Also, Boykin had something like 30 or 40 snaps last season. If Kaep comes in for that amount and plays well without being any sort of distraction, a desperate team could pay him.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cryumwc said:
There are actual "fans" out there who claim that they won't watch the team if they sign Kaep.
Insert massive eye roll here........

Taking a break from football and taking stock in what is truly important in their lives might do some good.

Rocket

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3b966062 said:
...and Beats......
And for your audio pleasure...a song...I am not singing.
{censored}
Dude. That's a time-out offense right there. God knows I've done one or two myself,
so I know what they look like. Make better choices next time young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.