QBs Austin Davis & Kaep to Visit Seahawks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":2wvjzwwe said:
Seymour":2wvjzwwe said:
massari":2wvjzwwe said:
Kaepernick comes in 1 season plays well without any distraction, could net the Hawks a 3rd round comp pick.

How does he "play well" as a backup QB that we haven't needed for 5 years?
If the Hawks had Kaepernick last season, Wilson likely sits out a few games to heal up for the playoffs.

Also, Boykin had something like 30 or 40 snaps last season. If Kaep comes in for that amount and plays well without being any sort of distraction, a desperate team could pay him.

I hear what you are saying, I just don't see much chance of enough snaps to showcase some improvement and landing us a pot of gold. If the oline lets the flood gates open again, it could happen I suppose.

Atradees

Reaction score
Seems like like the money the Hawks would offer a back up would be league minimum. While Russell could go down, it would be a miracle if kaep resurrected his career on the vets minimum.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rocket":9hghhu86 said:
Seahawkfan80":9hghhu86 said:
...and Beats......
And for your audio pleasure...a song...I am not singing.
{censored}
Dude. That's a time-out offense right there. God knows I've done one or two myself,
so I know what they look like. Make better choices next time young man.

I shall evaluate the song and see what I did improper. Thanks.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seymour":20pdl41t said:
massari":20pdl41t said:
Kaepernick comes in 1 season plays well without any distraction, could net the Hawks a 3rd round comp pick.

How does he "play well" as a backup QB that we haven't needed for 5 years?
:34853_doh:

No fan hopes the backup QB gets significant time but Kaep could look great in preseason and then in hopefully limited snaps during the regular season play better than any backup QB has for the last five years.

Like someone else said earlier if Kaep had been on the roster last season he could have given RW the rest he needed to heal up faster and the offense would have been better off.

These are the kinds of realities that Pete and John understand ***MOD EDIT***

acer1240

Reaction score
Rocket":2hdju5k8 said:
At least Hoffs was hot, fer chrisakes, as was Dreamboat Annie.

Hey now......Hoffs was smokin hot but Belinda is sexy too.

Play nice ya old fart :D

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I usually shy away from ever suggesting players would or should take less money for what might just be a 'better situation', but when it comes to Kaepernik he's already shown he's willing to risk lowering his value for his ideals, and then turn around and give away a million dollars on top of that. I don't think it's out of the question for him to take a near-minimum deal if he views it as a good place to be for reasons outside of money.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
When he restructured his deal, Kaepernick "gave up $14.5 million in injury guarantees for the ability to opt out of his deal at the end of the year." He basically forfeited $14.5 million for the right to get away from Santa Clara.

What better way to stick it to Jed York's Whiner organization than to play a year for the archival Seahawks for virtually nothing? If he proves he can avoid controversy for the year and be a model teammate, maybe he could parlay this into a multi-year deal next off-season for a team in need of a starting QB.

Depending on how the Seahawks' deal is structured, i.e. with a team option a la Revis's deal with the Patriots in '14, the Seahawks could possibly even gain a comp pick by signing Kaepernick now.

IMO, those who are against signing Kaepernick for the vet minimum, are stubbornly valuing political correctness over being competitive.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Kaep was exposed as a mediocre QB, who if you stop his ability to make plays with his legs, does not have the ability to stand in the pocket and make reads with his brain. He has a 100 dollar arm and a 10 cent head. His best years were the first ones when nobody knew his game. Once teams game planned for him, he pretty much sucked. I could never in a million years see him displace Wilson, even a hurt Wilson. His is a back-up and should always be from this point going forward.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Schadie001":17uutuq9 said:
Kaep was exposed as a mediocre QB, who if you stop his ability to make plays with his legs, does not have the ability to stand in the pocket and make reads with his brain. He has a 100 dollar arm and a 10 cent head. His best years were the first ones when nobody knew his game. Once teams game planned for him, he pretty much sucked. I could never in a million years see him displace Wilson, even a hurt Wilson. His is a back-up and should always be from this point going forward.

The idea that Kaepernick would displace Wilson is patently absurd. He is not at Wilson's level.

Last season, the Seahawks might have won a couple more games and earned home field advantage had we had a backup QB with Kaepernick's skill set and had Wilson been able to rest -- and heal more quickly -- from his MCL and high-ankle sprains.

Would Kaepernick "compete" at QB? Of course, in the same way that Steven Terrell was "competing" with Earl Thomas last season.

Kaepernick would serve as a backup, play in the 4th quarter of blowouts to give Russell some rest, and serve as an emergency option if Wilson suffered a serious injury. Maybe with a couple trick plays thrown in.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Some aspects suggest that Kaep really isn't a good idea on this team at this particular time. Seems like there is potential for cliques and divisions more than there already is.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3kfkift8 said:
Some aspects suggest that Kaep really isn't a good idea on this team at this particular time. Seems like there is potential for cliques and divisions more than there already is.

Not really, I don't recall a single player who has said he would take issue with signing Kaepernick.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1pghz8ou said:
vin.couve12":1pghz8ou said:

Not really, I don't recall a single player who has said he would take issue with signing Kaepernick.
Not saying there is at all. My concern is that Kaep seems well liked where as another QB has some internal critics. There are scenarios where that could turn volatile even if Kaep never takes a snap. Hell, maybe even BECAUSE doesn't take a snap when/if RW gets into his usual 4-6 game funk at some point during the season.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
vin.couve12":38il6hdh said:
hawknation2017":38il6hdh said:
vin.couve12":38il6hdh said:

Not saying there is at all. My concern is that Kaep seems well liked where as another QB has some internal critics. There are scenarios where that could turn volatile even if Kaep never takes a snap. Hell, maybe even BECAUSE doesn't take a snap when/if RW gets into his usual 4-6 game funk at some point during the season.

Yeah, but anyone who thinks Kaepernick should play over Wilson is automatically an idiot and undeserving of being taken seriously. Again, I see that being more of an issue for the sewer dwellers on the internet than with any of the players or coaches.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3qe08dsg said:
vin.couve12":3qe08dsg said:
hawknation2017":3qe08dsg said:
vin.couve12":3qe08dsg said:

Yeah, but anyone who thinks Kaepernick should play over Wilson is automatically an idiot and undeserving of being taken seriously. Again, I see that being more of an issue for the sewer dwellers on the internet than with any of the players or coaches.
What fans think isn't of any consequence what so ever. The players on the other hand...

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1qgdlhta said:
hawknation2017":1qgdlhta said:
vin.couve12":1qgdlhta said:
hawknation2017":1qgdlhta said:

What fans think isn't of any consequence what so ever. The players on the other hand...

Does Devil's Advocate ever get a day off?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":3bp5x5in said:
vin.couve12":3bp5x5in said:
hawknation2017":3bp5x5in said:
vin.couve12":3bp5x5in said:

Got any ribs?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
mrt144":luzlxzb5 said:
vin.couve12":luzlxzb5 said:
hawknation2017":luzlxzb5 said:
vin.couve12":luzlxzb5 said:

If someone even hinted at that ridiculousness, just show them this GIF and tell them to ST*U.

Kapwat0

:mrgreen:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2oddyg1g said:
mrt144":2oddyg1g said:
vin.couve12":2oddyg1g said:
hawknation2017":2oddyg1g said:

Got any ribs?

Or this . . .
Delicious pork ribs smothered 2188180

hawknation2017

Reaction score
vin.couve12":24h1j7qn said:
:lol: Yeah....think I'll stop at Goldies on the way home.

RIBS AND GREENS! BYAH!

47473749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.