QBs Austin Davis & Kaep to Visit Seahawks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3mbfp5sq said:
Last season, the Seahawks might have won a couple more games and earned home field advantage had we had a backup QB with Kaepernick's skill set and had Wilson been able to rest -- and heal more quickly -- from his MCL and high-ankle sprains.

Or not incur the MCL sprain at all because you could have sat 3-4 weeks for your high ankle sprain the heal sufficiently. Since the latter most definitely contributed to the former.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2iyawn79 said:
hawknation2017":2iyawn79 said:
Last season, the Seahawks might have won a couple more games and earned home field advantage had we had a backup QB with Kaepernick's skill set and had Wilson been able to rest -- and heal more quickly -- from his MCL and high-ankle sprains.

Or not incur the MCL sprain at all because you could have sat 3-4 weeks for your high ankle sprain the heal sufficiently. Since the latter most definitely contributed to the former.

Good point! I forgot which injury preceded the other. Wilson battled like an injured warrior with very little cover.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":34f3mpxq said:
mrt144":34f3mpxq said:
vin.couve12":34f3mpxq said:
hawknation2017":34f3mpxq said:
Yeah, but anyone who thinks Kaepernick should play over Wilson is automatically an idiot and undeserving of being taken seriously. Again, I see that being more of an issue for the sewer dwellers on the internet than with any of the players or coaches.
What fans think isn't of any consequence what so ever. The players on the other hand...

Does Devil's Advocate ever get a day off?

If someone even hinted at that ridiculousness, just show them this GIF and tell them to ST*U.

Kapwat0

:mrgreen:

Wow! Completely uncovered, all green ahead and Kaep wouldn't even turn his head and ignores him. Great QB read!

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mr_KevinJones/status/809843416653668352[/tweet]
[youtube]6rHWeDOJYDM[/youtube]

hawknation2017

Reaction score
massari":3jl9h1jb said:

Definitely a solid QB with some extraordinary characteristics. But compare any of his stats to Russell Wilson's . . . there is no comparison, especially in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

massari

Reaction score
hawknation2017":lxv8dwwg said:
massari":lxv8dwwg said:

Definitely a solid QB with some extraordinary characteristics. But compare any of his stats to Russell Wilson's . . . there is no comparison, especially in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

Yup. That's why he'd be the backup and one of the best ones at that.

If Wilson goes down, he's the only one available who'd still give the Hawks a chance in the playoffs.

Sign him!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
massari":2d5dglzu said:
Yup. That's why he'd be the backup and one of the best ones at that.

If Wilson goes down, he's the only one available who'd still give the Hawks a chance in the playoffs.

Sign him!

I would consider him a Top 3 backup league wide.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawknation2017":wyq8cc9f said:
massari":wyq8cc9f said:

*Any* stats?

Once upon a time it was 50/50 if you went down that road.

Kap still has better career stats vs Cowboys, Packers, Rams. Cardinals too for the first few years.

Last year he definitely played better against the Dolphins, no question.

Super Bowl stats too. YPA & yards rushed favor Kap.

Somewhere mid 2014, Wilson started to pull away, stat wise. But it had more to do with Kap's environment crumbling than Wilson's greatness.

Wilson had/has his strengths and subjectively people like(d) him more than Kaepernick.

I'm not here to debate that, but stats are the stats.

4th quarter I will give edge to Wilson.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1za42eei said:
I hope to see Kaep playing -- in CANADA!
You may get your wish in light of the obvious blackballing the NFL is doing.

Josea16

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2hem1nt0 said:
From a football standpoint Kaep is Seattle's best option for backup QB.
He's the best backup option in the entire NFL. It's up to him and the money he wants at this point.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":ha7k61gn said:
From a football standpoint Kaep is Seattle's best option for backup QB.
I disagree, as I have someone else in mind but will stay in the good graces of the mods and not disclose. Suffice to say that Kaep isn't the only choice left out there to sign.

misfit

Reaction score
spike Lee just posted on Twitter we signed kaep?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Only source on this rumor so far . . .

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpikeLee/status/868510004684480518[/tweet]

Hoping it is true. If so, our depth -- and probability of winning a Super Bowl -- just improved.

Edit: Spike Lee's Instagram post on the purported Colin Kaepernick signing has been deleted.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Josea16":3dwthkxd said:
Siouxhawk":3dwthkxd said:
I hope to see Kaep playing -- in CANADA!
You may get your wish in light of the obvious blackballing the NFL is doing.

I seriously doubt he's being blackballed. Owners are concerned about money and winning. Kaep brings some baggage that he brought upon himself and it's costing him dearly. He has nobody to blame but himself for hurting his brand.

Personally, I'm warming up to the idea of him backing up Wilson... just so long as he keeps politics off the football field.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The longer this goes without him signing the less likely its going to happen. He really needs to be in now learning the play book etc. I don't think its going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.