Quinn to the Commanders

olyfan63

Reaction score
Best wishes to Quinn, the best DC Seattle ever had.

I think it's a bit unfair to pin the two SB lost leads on him. In SB49, the D lost Jeremy Lane and Cliff Avril, two key players, whose loss Brady totally exploited. I blame Carroll for making an injured and overmatched Tharald "Toast" Simon active and making Marcus Burley a healthy scratch. All Brady had to do was look around and go, "Where's Simon?" and then throw to whatever receiver or area Simon was supposedly covering.

In the Falcons 28-3 SB loss, I blame Kyle Shanahan. All Shanny had to do was run-run-run, punt, and the Falcons win that game. Seriously, people have gamed this out. I think it winds up 34-24 or something like that. Quinn's D slowed the Patriots down, but the D got worn out by the offense's failure to stay on the field and use clock.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wish Quinn all the best.

Also, one thing many should keep in mind is that a LOT of very successful head coaches had a prior head coaching stint that didn't go so well. Seems like learning on the job has been a big prerequisite for success for many successful head coaches. Just something to consider. Quinn could kill it in Washington.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerry has to be putting some Preparation H on his Glory hole today, of all places he didn't want Quinn to go would be Eagles or worse yet Washington. The Rivary there is bitter no matter who is owning or coaching.

ivotuk

Reaction score
ESPN "Greenie" show called it an "Uninspiring hire," and they said that Washington did Jerry Jones a favor because Jerry would never fire Quinn, bringing up the game they lost to Green Bay. Apparently that was Dan Quinn's fault, and not Dak's. Very covenient viewpoint now that Quinn is gone.

They said it was a failure of the Washington brain trust to hire Quinn... LOL! And they badmouthed him for Atlanta. He got them to a Superbowl. And they've done squat since he left.

Just more of espn "blowing up smoke up cowboy fans butts."

Dan Quinn is a good head coach and will outdo what Rivera did. I desperately hope that the Commanders sweep the Cowboys in 2024

Welshers2

Reaction score
Commanders fans are absolutely MELTING DOWN LMAO!!!! I would be too if we went that way

James in PA

Reaction score
Commanders fans are absolutely MELTING DOWN LMAO!!!! I would be too if we went that way
The media had them believing they were a LOCK to land the next young offensive mastermind. Instead they had to settle on a retread whose squad just got absolutely dominated in front of millions.

toffee

Reaction score
We picked the man with high ceiling, they settled for the man with high floor. No doubt that we got the sexier name at this point, but we shall review again in 2 years.

Macdonald is lucky to be hired by the Hawks, a team that finished 9-8 last two seasons, with a probowl QB in place. Quinn did not have that luxury, he got his work cut out for him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I be like Quinn and hope he turns them around but I worry about how it’ll go with the new ownership group. Will be interesting to watch

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The cupboard isn't exactly bare in Washington. New owner, new GM and some pretty good talent already there. I think they wanted to pair the young, inexperienced GM with a veteran coach. That team will surprise some folks next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Will have to see how the New owner reacts to things, they are also supposed to be getting a new Stadium I thought.

Big benefit of being in Seattle, patient hands off ownership, Jody wants results sure, but she has been educated in how a team cooks for a championship also.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Feel like we dodged a bullet, especially with him appointing Chip Kelly as OC. Kelly feels like yesterdays man. His system was great in the 2010's but teams have caught on

ivotuk

Reaction score
Or Pete Carroll...
The guys on greenie were talking about how good Bellicheck would be in Dallas. But someone else on there commented that Bellicheks style doesn't work in the NFL anymore.

The only reason Belli got away with it for so long, was that he had TB12 there.

And Pete...he was having too much fun, and allowing is coaches to "play" at being coaches.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Makes sense that Quinn was their third choice. I was a bit dumbfounded by the talk of MacDonald wanting to go to Washington over Seattle. Literally everything about the Seahawks job is better.

Latest posts