R-E-L-A-X. (Packers vs Lions)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MrThortan":2xr75dfc said:
Boooo! Absolute Rubbish call.
Yeah, Erin did sum acting there.
The Lions screwed the pooch on the defense on the last play though, Looked like 3 Packers were in position to catch that ball and zero lions were in position to knock it down. Horrible defense.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
The fact that he threw that ball further than most punters can kick it is incredible. But the outcome makes me sick.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
When their boy erin ran the touchdown in...no high 5s or nothing. That team has issues that stem from the qb out...they won this game, but there are issues.

Go Hawks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seem the ref that threw the flag saw it from behind the play. I'm sure it looked like a face mask penalty too him.
Guess you really can't fault him.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ymez8pil said:
MrThortan":ymez8pil said:
Boooo! Absolute Rubbish call.
Yeah, Erin did sum acting there.
The Lions screwed the pooch on the defense on the last play though, Looked like 3 Packers were in position to catch that ball and zero lions were in position to knock it down. Horrible defense.

Reminded me of the USC/ASU game last year.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Drakarin":2050fme8 said:
The NFL is turning into such a joke.

Blatant holding call on GB on the hail mary, No Call. LOL.. WWE says hi.

They never call that stuff during hail mary's, just like Tate's OPI on the catch against GB. Pushed the dude down and went up for the ball :lol:

It is what it is...

Polaris

Reaction score
storm74":16b55ijc said:
The fact that he threw that ball further than most punters can kick it is incredible. But the outcome makes me sick.

Well, while I admit that Rodgers and the Packers this year are hard to like, as a Seattle fan, this is definitely the result I wanted (at least this week).

That said, Green Bay looks *terrible*. If they play this way the rest of the year, they may miss the playoffs entirely. While it's not yet completely official, it looks like the Lions are out of any realistic playoff contention.

Decimation

Reaction score
Yeah that was a horrible call. I feel for them Lions fans they got shafted there, but the Lions also shouldn't have allowed a 65 yard Hail Mary. What a joke.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't even care that much about the penalty. I care that no one is talking about it. An obscure rule that no one has ever heard of isn't called on the Seahawks against the Lions, on what would've amounted to losing on a technicality, and all we hear about is how egregious it is.

We all know the outcry after the MNF game against the Packers.

But the Packers get a gift extra play on a phantom facemask, which ends up being the difference between winning and losing? They all scramble to justify the call and praise the Packers.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Wow, the pain continues for Lions fans.

Packers are crap. We'll smoke them in the playoffs.

They only won because the Lions crapped the bed.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
ringless":3unk6ixm said:
The facemask absolutely happened.
I wanted GB to lose, but you know what. They won and they deserved it. Also, really exciting ending so I can't complain from an entertainment standpoint.

ya... not so much.... awful call to extend a game the lions won.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Packers deserve a hail mary win after the fail mary.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Decimation":5rh9oc3v said:
What a hell of a finish! That was amazing. Must suck to be a Lions fan right now.

Right now? It has sucked long before now.

Polaris

Reaction score
jkitsune":2cuyig7b said:
I don't even care that much about the penalty. I care that no one is talking about it. An obscure rule that no one has ever heard of isn't called on the Seahawks against the Lions, on what would've amounted to losing on a technicality, and all we hear about is how egregious it is.

We all know the outcry after the MNF game against the Packers.

But the Packers get a gift extra play on a phantom facemask, which ends up being the difference between winning and losing? They all scramble to justify the call and praise the Packers.

ALL HAIL THE PACKERS! You are criticizing NFL Royalty and Prince Rodgers. Report to Reeducation immediately! (sarc)

ivotuk

Reaction score
At minimum that was a 5 yard face mask. 15 was kind of iffy, but I don't doubt it looked like a 15 yard penalty to the ref.

I thought it was a15 at first glance. Only the replay showed it was less but the ref had already called it. I don't fault them for the call.