Rams in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rex":3fpo9c9f said:
hawksfansinceday1":3fpo9c9f said:
Fisher is a POS and everyone but the most blind of homers knows it. And, as someone pointed out in this forum yesterday, he's on the damned rules committee.

I was watching yesterday and it was so obvious Keenum was concussed a 5 year old could figure it out. Don't hand the league "eye in the sky" guy a thing on this either (cue Rex blaming him and absolving Fisher in 5-4-3-2....)

I don't know if Fisher witnessed the hit. I don't know if anyone alerted him either. I do someone on the sidelines had to have seen it besides Foles who had put on his helmet ready to in......but to claim individuals had seen it strikes me as a really emotional tact in which I care not to participate. I do know the NFL has someone who's job it is to take the player out of the game for concussion protocol.....and that the officials also have the same ability. So there is more than enough blame to go around.
I will agree with you that the trainers, officials and league spotter are every bit as much to blame. Everyone including Fisher is culpable here.

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":3gd0uho5 said:
Rex lol.

Come on man. That guy didn't go on the field to check on Foles Mic.

Plus if you read his lips he says "come on man" then I miss a couple words... Then something about "your head"

Did you see the guy go through the concussion protocols with Keenum? Of course not because he's not on the medical staff. So ringless "come on man" prove that was a member of the medical staff! :roll:

retraction:

Well I guess I'm wrong about the "guy" on the field. In Fisher's press conference he said the guys title is "Director/Sports Medicine & Performance". So he must have seen what happened yet let him continue. That is on him. No question. I didn't think he was a member of the medical personnel since I don't remember seeing him give the concussion protocol on the sidelines throughout this season. I wonder if he is a bonafide medical professional to go along with the title. He messed up but Fisher will protect him......guaranteed.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2bweo4g3 said:
Not just the sidelines... He was evaluated by a training staff member on the field. Here is the sequence.

[youtube]204GsqfRlKc[/youtube]

I guess Fisher thinks that being on the competition committee means he gets to make rules that only other teams have to follow. Do as he says, not as he does. What a farce of a team and coach.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rex":1r5h73dk said:
Uncle Si":1r5h73dk said:
Not just the sidelines... He was evaluated by a training staff member on the field. Here is the sequence.

[youtube]204GsqfRlKc[/youtube]

No, that was not a member of the medical staff. Looked to me like he was motioning to Keenum about his helmet mic.

Helmet mic!? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That is classic.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rex":2z9gckqs said:
ringless":2z9gckqs said:
Rex lol.

Plus if you read his lips he says "come on man" then I miss a couple words... Then something about "your head"

Did you see the guy go through the concussion protocols with Keenum? Of course not because he's not on the medical staff. So ringless "come on man" prove that was a member of the medical staff! :roll:

retraction:

Well I guess I'm wrong about the "guy" on the field. In Fisher's press conference he said the guys title is "Director/Sports Medicine & Performance". So he must have seen what happened yet let him continue. That is on him. No question. I didn't think he was a member of the medical personnel since I don't remember seeing him give the concussion protocol on the sidelines throughout this season. I wonder if he is a bonafide medical professional to go along with the title. He messed up but Fisher will protect him......guaranteed.
So, you were seeing what you wanted to see. Which is why I dismiss pretty much every thing you say.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hearing some pretty disturbing things about Stedman Bailey, even Tyler Lockett tweeted prayers for him.

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
I heard about bailey to. Prayers to him. Thankfully its supposedly non life threatening. In the head.. Ig imagine itll be life altering.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Rex":2y9kxakl said:
ringless":2y9kxakl said:
Rex lol.

retraction:

That was actually Reggie Scott, Head Athletic Trainer for the Rams. I'm with you on that is on him though.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/team/staff/reggie-scott/fa47c257-6241-4c4b-91c3-92afd16755a1

I do have one question - Isn't there a 10 second run off for an injured player on offense with less than 2:00 minutes left?

pmedic920

Reaction score
The things we will argue about never ceases to amaze.

There is plenty of blame to go around, why try to place it ALL on any one person.
The NFL and the Rams staff all fell short.
As much as I dislike Fisher, he has staff to attend to things like this, I don't blame him directly.
I do feel that those folks should be disciplined/ held accountable/ maybe even fired.

Rex

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1q5kfzmc said:
Rex":1q5kfzmc said:
ringless":1q5kfzmc said:
Rex lol.

retraction:

So, you were seeing what you wanted to see. Which is why I dismiss pretty much every thing you say.

No, I didn't see anyone that looked like the medical staff who treats players for injuries go on the field to talk to Keenum.

Rex

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1rvt89ko said:
Rex":1rvt89ko said:
ringless":1rvt89ko said:
Rex lol.

retraction:

That was actually Reggie Scott, Head Athletic Trainer for the Rams. I'm with you on that is on him though.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/team/staff/reggie-scott/fa47c257-6241-4c4b-91c3-92afd16755a1

I do have one question - Isn't there a 10 second run off for an injured player on offense with less than 2:00 minutes left?

That is one of many issues involved on that play. If the trainer goes on the field there should be a 10 sec runoff....but with the defensive penalty being assessed perhaps the officials were distracted and didn't notice.

From what I can see from the media guide link you gave Scott is NOT a medical professional so why he went on the field instead of the medical staff I do not know.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pmedic920":1g7igna0 said:
The things we will argue about never ceases to amaze.

There is plenty of blame to go around, why try to place it ALL on any one person.
The NFL and the Rams staff all fell short.
As much as I dislike Fisher, he has staff to attend to things like this, I don't blame him directly.
I do feel that those folks should be disciplined/ held accountable/ maybe even fired.

The only issue i have here is absolving Fisher from noticing anything that had happened on that play. That seems a stretch. As soon as Keenum tried to get up it was obvious he was struggling. The back up QB obviously noticed, as did a member of the Rams staff (who must have felt the stumbling was due to a faulty headset), who went out to talk to him. It seems highly implausible that all of those people noticed but Fisher did not, or was not made aware by someone else. In the end, it was clearly going to be the head coach's decision whether to leave his QB in. Regardless of NFL policy, noone wanted to make that decision.

Either way, the Rams, Fisher and the NFL dropped the ball. Blame can be positioned equally if it makes people feel better.

Everyone will survive, but it sheds more light on the frailty of NFL policies and how easily they are ignored to allow teams to push for victories regardless of the well being of the players. This is nothing new to the NFL.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ringless":68s7xy81 said:
hawksfansinceday1":68s7xy81 said:
Fisher is a POS and everyone but the most blind of homers knows it. And, as someone pointed out in this forum yesterday, he's on the damned rules committee.

I was watching yesterday and it was so obvious Keenum was concussed a 5 year old could figure it out. Don't hand the league "eye in the sky" guy a thing on this either (cue Rex blaming him and absolving Fisher in 5-4-3-2....)

To be fair the Rams aren't dirty. Before anybody says that the unnecessary body slam on Forsett that snapped his arm in half like a twig was on purpose. If you watch the play it was clearly incidental contact via picking up and slamming down.

In regards to Keenum, he really hasn't played much and to be honest I feel like he has always looked concussed and that behavior is his natural self.

Dude do you seriously think that tackle by Donald was dirty? C'mon....this is still football.

I work with a Ravens fan and he thinks it was a clean play. The group think on the Rams is ridiculous. Seahawks fans think we're dirty because of one game against them. I'm guessing there are some Cardinal fans that think we're dirty for injuring two of their QBs last year, even thought there was nothing dirty about either hit.

This is one of the worst seasons I can remember....finally looking like we're going to turn the corner and we don't. Four offensive line starters on IR or missing time. Stedman Bailey now shot in the head.

And then every little bi*ch crying about how the Rams are dirty. Can't take this crap. The hit on Bridgewater was unnecessary and the player was penalized and fined. END OF STORY.

Stop spinning the Rams are dirty narrative. I hope Fisher will be gone soon, but only because the play on the field has been terrible for 4 years running.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
About the concussion. I wish he would've been taken out - it cost us the game. Blame whomever needs blamed and apologize to the fans as another QB may not have fumbled and the game may have gone to OT where we could have won.

It's not like we all desperately wanted to keep Keenum in the game. He looked worse than Foles.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
If Keenum wins that game it's a different story. Just saying.

SEA did the same thing with Wilson in the Playoffs. Eat your own medicine.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts