Rams Super Bowl Tonight

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’d like to know who Ramsey was covering on the deep throw?

Besides open space? What a clown!

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1r06tw5q said:

2 first round picks...love that trade! Should set them back about 3 years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":364zyr12 said:

That was Rapps responsibility, Rapp was wide right Ramsey was covering the out and up on the sideline, Rapp was suppose to be Mid deep.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":cewrywyy said:
Sports Hernia":cewrywyy said:

2 first round picks...love that trade! Should set them back about 3 years.
That and no cap space! :2thumbs:

Washington49er

Reaction score
NJlargent":134p2rxx said:
Another game where the niners win at the end. So frustrating

Haha, now you know how 9er fans feel watching RW in the 4th Qtr.

Next week should be good.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Washington49er":238y0571 said:
NJlargent":238y0571 said:
Another game where the niners win at the end. So frustrating

Haha, now you know how 9er fans feel watching RW in the 4th Qtr.

Next week should be good.
Every 49er loss has been on the last play from scrimmage.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":z9aboxly said:
Sports Hernia":z9aboxly said:

That was Rapps responsibility, Rapp was wide right Ramsey was covering the out and up on the sideline, Rapp was suppose to be Mid deep.
My mistake, I was watching the game at a bar from a distance with the sound off.
WTH was Rapp thinking then. He didn’t make mistakes like that at the UW.

Elemas

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":230lo4r2 said:
chris98251":230lo4r2 said:
Sports Hernia":230lo4r2 said:

My mistake, I was watching the game at a bar from a distance with the sound off.
WTH was Rapp thinking then. He didn’t make mistakes like that at the UW.

Rapp definitely blew coverage but, Ramsey blew it as well. Shallow? Dude blew past him and was 5 yards away when he made the catch. No excuse for Rapp but...

knownone

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":n6p55a8z said:
Wonder how long people are going to keep dunking on Jimmy G. He's the real deal.
He needed a blown coverage to salvage a pretty poor outing. He’s more likely to be this years Goff than the next great QB.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
knownone":1fvrqc3r said:
MontanaHawk05":1fvrqc3r said:
Wonder how long people are going to keep dunking on Jimmy G. He's the real deal.
He needed a blown coverage to salvage a pretty poor outing. He’s more likely to be this years Goff than the next great QB.
What about that first clutch third and sixteen?

Anyway, I love how the goalposts have kept moving. At first he was terrible but now it’s he just won’t be great. You Seahawk fans could have saved yourselves the trouble and listened to us from the beginning, as most of us said he’s going to eventually be anywhere from above average to around the top ten threshold, with a solid average being his floor by the time he fully develops.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
pmedic920":f6ckx6tu said:
Dam.

Watch the refs on this drive.

I bet a $ that we see some help from them.
Funny you should say that since the Rams got away with holding and block in the back all game. For example (Armstead had his jersey pulled from behind on this one, too, and it was a big pass play for the Rams):

Rams holding

knownone

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":15uy5agi said:
knownone":15uy5agi said:
MontanaHawk05":15uy5agi said:

Anyway, I love how the goalposts have kept moving. At first he was terrible but now it’s he just won’t be great. You Seahawk fans could have saved yourselves the trouble and listened to us from the beginning, as most of us said he’s going to eventually be anywhere from above average to around the top ten threshold, with a solid average being his floor by the time he fully develops.
Kind of a silly retort but I guess i'll follow your logic: What about his two interceptions?

Here's the problem, I've been very complimentary of Garoppolo all season. I literally said back in week 6 that Jimmy was a fringe top 10 QB. Last week I said the Niners were a better team than Seattle and pointed out to other Hawks fans that Jimmy was a significantly better QB under pressure than he's given credit for... So what the hell are you rambling on about?

Here's the facts. He has a great supporting cast, #2 rush offense, #2 overall defense. He has an offense coordinator that does a great job protecting him which is why over half of Jimmy's yards come from screen passes and passes thrown fewer than 5 yards. He's played 3 games against bottom 5 defenses, if you remove those games his season looks like this 16TDs 10Ints for 2656 yards.

Now, I'm not saying he's a bad QB or that he won't be great. I think he's a good QB. What I'm saying is, it's 'more likely' he's the next Goff than he is the next great QB. Why? Because the last QB that had success with this much support around him was Goff, and he fell off a cliff as soon as that support diminished even a little bit.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
knownone":vunf45e6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":vunf45e6 said:
knownone":vunf45e6 said:
MontanaHawk05":vunf45e6 said:

Kind of a silly retort but I guess i'll follow your logic: What about his two interceptions?

Here's the problem, I've been very complimentary of Garoppolo all season. I literally said back in week 6 that Jimmy was a fringe top 10 QB. Last week I said the Niners were a better team than Seattle and pointed out to other Hawks fans that Jimmy was a significantly better QB under pressure than he's given credit for... So what the hell are you rambling on about?

Here's the facts. He has a great supporting cast, #2 rush offense, #2 overall defense. He has an offense coordinator that does a great job protecting him which is why over half of Jimmy's yards come from screen passes and passes thrown fewer than 5 yards. He's played 3 games against bottom 5 defenses, if you remove those games his season looks like this 16TDs 10Ints for 2656 yards.

Now, I'm not saying he's a bad QB or that he won't be great. I think he's a good QB. What I'm saying is, it's 'more likely' he's the next Goff than he is the next great QB. Why? Because the last QB that had success with this much support around him was Goff, and he fell off a cliff as soon as that support diminished even a little bit.
(a) No one is saying Garoppolo is anything other than average to above average. My point is that he's not terrible.

(b) The 49ers don't exactly have world beaters for wide receivers. Deebo Samuel might end up really good, but he's a rookie making rookie mistakes almost every week. Emmanuel Sanders is pretty good, but what other wide receivers do they have? George Kittle is great, sure. But you are outside your mind if you think this year's 49ers skill players are on the same level as Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins (2017), Cooper Cupp, Robert Woods and Todd Gurley before he declined.

That 2017 Rams team on offense was far more stacked, and the 2018 offense wasn't far behind that one.

(c) Other than Emmanuel Sanders, who is going anywhere? Juice check is signed for a couple more years (and won't be going anywhere), Kittle will be signed long term, and other than that, they don't have any world beater skill players. Their running backs are all interchangeable.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2iuwx54c said:
Funny you should say that since the Rams got away with holding and block in the back all game. For example (Armstead had his jersey pulled from behind on this one, too, and it was a big pass play for the Rams):
Rams have been getting away with blatant holding for the last 2 years. It's almost as if the NFL wants a very successful team in the LA market. Of course that can't be. I mean if that were the case we might see a blatant officiating mistake that would put them in the Super Bowl
oh wait........

(Disclaimer: do I really believe that? Probably not. Do I think it's possible? Yes)

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2dhj1erw said:
5_Golden_Rings":2dhj1erw said:
Rams have been getting away with blatant holding for the last 2 years. It's almost as if the NFL wants a very successful team in the LA market. Of course that can't be. I mean if that were the case we might see a blatant officiating mistake that would put them in the Super Bowl
oh wait........

(Disclaimer: do I really believe that? Probably not. Do I think it's possible? Yes)
100 percent that is true..

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Jimmy GQ ended the game with a passing completion rate of just under 60% (59.3%) and a passer rating of 71.2 (after being at under half that rating early on in the 4th quarter). Joe Montana, indeed! :roll: :2thumbs: