Rams vs 49ers

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ecx4wys said:
SF49r":3ecx4wys said:
Marvin49":3ecx4wys said:
Gratz Alice and Rams fans on the win. Niners didn't deserve it.

Not making an excuse as Niners got a big call in their favor on the Gore fumble, but I really need to know how that Crabtree catch wasn't a TD. Nearly the entire ball was over the goal line when he made the catch.

Not complaining...I'd honestly like an explanation that makes sense. It seems like the spent so much time looking whether he caught the ball that they didn't look at WHERE he initially caught the ball.
Jerome Boger
There is not a dumber sounding guy in the league. The way he explained offsetting, I am not sure he knows any of the rules.

Unfortunately nothing changes when NFL refs screw up. The season will go on like nothing out of the ordinary happened and it will be forgotten about by the majority of America by next week.

SF49r

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2q9zjvwf said:
SF49r":2q9zjvwf said:
peachesenregalia":2q9zjvwf said:
rlkats":2q9zjvwf said:
Congrats rams fans great defense today.

They have a sneakily good team, there. Their defense can keep them in it and Fisher can and will capitalize on your mistakes. We learned that two weeks ago.

Still though, I look at the niners schedule and see at LEAST 3 more losses, and up to 5 more losses. Niners aren't making the playoffs this year, and Harbs is the same as gone. The dream is over. You lost, boys.
The season is not over, you can't just look at the schedule and mark games as automatic wins or losses, any given sunday. They could lose every single game and end up going 4-12 or they can go on and win every single game and go 12-4, let the season play out.

I can look at the schedule, look at how the niners have performed so far, how their opponents have performed, take the venue into account, and make a pretty decent guess at the outcomes. The niners arent winning in NO next week. We both know that. They're not going to win in Seattle, either. They're going to lose at least one of SD and Zona. That's at least 3, and could be a couple more depending on how the ball bounces. So 9-7 at best for your niners. You lost, boys.

Did you think the Cowboys, Rams, and Chargers were going to beat you guys? Did you think the Niners were going to beat the Eagles and Chiefs looking at there past performances? I sure as hell didn't. Past performances are moot, anything can happen on Sunday. Hell we may even beat Arizona, SD, and you guys in Seattle but lose against the Giants, Raiders, and the Redskins. That is how random the NFL is.

davidonmi

Reaction score
At least we aren't the only "elite" team playing mediocre football

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm not ready to write the 9ers out of the playoffs after our own "dominant" performance against the league's worst team in our house today. They aren't playing their best ball, but they looked lost last year when Crabtree was out and took it all the way to the NFCC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":21w7ivs3 said:
Red, what is the best Rams forum?

There isn't a great one, as there is so much in-fighting regarding Bradford (yes, still) and the possible move to LA.

The best one is Real Rams Fans, and is the one I read and will post at. It's run by old time Rams fans from LA and has posters from all over, including St. Louis. They tolearate ZERO personal attacks and run a good board with intelligent conversation about the game . The LA topic has been devisive there as well lately with the rumors, but that is to be expected.

For pure info and amusement, the St. Louis Dispatch Rams Talk is full of trolls attacking each other and is hilarious. However, a lot of news info gets posted there quickly as well.

The other two boards are run by Avenger (a total *&%$#) and his best friend - two annoying Rams fans based in Florida. I think they are Clan Ram and Rams on Demand. These are the worst Rams fan trolls I have ever seen. I'm sure if you want to go troll and argue, you can find a good audience there. Avenger likes to bait and troll his own board members for fun. And RamsFanz who is banned here and often banned at other sites is also a big contributing member.

I don't know much about Rams Herd.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2xmasylj said:
Told you Rams are going 5-11 or better... no Mariota for then.:)

They will win just enough to not get the good picks.

Though, I would rather see them play feisty and with a desire to win for the rest of the season than get a high draft pick. They are young players and need the experience, and need to learn how to play as a team together and certainly need to work on those penalties.

Lots to work on even if the season is lost.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice":tx4hgo0r said:
ringless":tx4hgo0r said:
Red, what is the best Rams forum?

There isn't a great one, as there is so much in-fighting regarding Bradford (yes, still) and the possible move to LA.

The best one is Real Rams Fans, and is the one I read and will post at. It's run by old time Rams fans from LA and has posters from all over, including St. Louis. They tolearate ZERO personal attacks and run a good board with intelligent conversation about the game . The LA topic has been devisive there as well lately with the rumors, but that is to be expected.

For pure info and amusement, the St. Louis Dispatch Rams Talk is full of trolls attacking each other and is hilarious. However, a lot of news info gets posted there quickly as well.

The other two boards are run by Avenger (a total *&%$#) and his best friend - two annoying Rams fans based in Florida. I think they are Clan Ram and Rams on Demand. These are the worst Rams fan trolls I have ever seen. I'm sure if you want to go troll and argue, you can find a good audience there. Avenger likes to bait and troll his own board members for fun. And RamsFanz who is banned here and often banned at other sites is also a big contributing member.

Thanks! Great information.
I haven't watched many of the Rams games this year except the divisional games. How do you feel about them going into AZ next week? The fact that they just beat two division rivals says a lot!

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
RedAlice":38ojkrn6 said:

I am a member of bot clanram and Rams on demand. Avenger is not actually the site owner, just a mod who is good friends with the owner. He is a complete douchebag who has ruined the site and killed it.

As for Rams on demand, Ramsfanz is not the owner, nor is he a mod, and he has been warned about some of his behavior and doesn't post much anymore. Rod has a zero tolerance policy and bans people a lot who come over from Ramstalk.

Just felt as a long time member of both(and Ramstalk for entertainment value and Rams herd) that I'd let you know my experience.

Great win today!!! Go Rams!!!!

rlkats

Reaction score
ringless":37vu1j5w said:
rlkats":37vu1j5w said:
ringless":37vu1j5w said:
There is just really no way they can win the division. They are not going to pass Seattle and AZ.... PLus AZ has tie breakers over them as well. Division, Conference, head to head.... SF just isnt that good this year.. They really arent

Is that your professional opinion or just what we all have been saying all year. This loss is no surprise to me. They have no identity and have no fire.

I really tried to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt, and each week even in their wins they were never impressive. This game they can say it was close, but it wasn't. They were never even competitive. So many mistakes, after mistakes... They just don't have discipline on that team. Kap is not clutch, Kap is actually the third best QB in the division... A lot of you were saying that, I just try not to jump too far ahead...

I know a lot of 49er fans are blaming the refs, but the refs gave them a lot of help. They took away the TD from a fumble recovery, a no call on a body slam etc... They jsut played a bad game, and that's all their is to it. I doubt this team makes the playoffs....

Man thank God you gave them the benefit of the doubt I mean wow they are very happy you did that.

Listen they played line crap on the o. Kapernick was horrible today no bs ref excuses. The bs calls went both ways. The niners did not deserve the win.

I'm also glad you can predict the last 8 games. Why don't you look at the rest of your schedule it's no cake walk bud. And also if Romo was healthy no way you win the game. Weeded was actually worse the Kapernick.

rlkats

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3sf8gqlr said:
SF49r":3sf8gqlr said:
peachesenregalia":3sf8gqlr said:
rlkats":3sf8gqlr said:
Congrats rams fans great defense today.

They have a sneakily good team, there. Their defense can keep them in it and Fisher can and will capitalize on your mistakes. We learned that two weeks ago.

Still though, I look at the niners schedule and see at LEAST 3 more losses, and up to 5 more losses. Niners aren't making the playoffs this year, and Harbs is the same as gone. The dream is over. You lost, boys.
The season is not over, you can't just look at the schedule and mark games as automatic wins or losses, any given sunday. They could lose every single game and end up going 4-12 or they can go on and win every single game and go 12-4, let the season play out.

I can look at the schedule, look at how the niners have performed so far, how their opponents have performed, take the venue into account, and make a pretty decent guess at the outcomes. The niners arent winning in NO next week. We both know that. They're not going to win in Seattle, either. They're going to lose at least one of SD and Zona. That's at least 3, and could be a couple more depending on how the ball bounces. So 9-7 at best for your niners. You lost, boys.

I can look at the schedule to. Remember your game against the raiders at home was not to impressive. If it was not for the turnovers you lose.

rlkats

Reaction score
davidonmi":i6v4bclq said:
At least we aren't the only "elite" team playing mediocre football

The most common sense post yet

minormillikin

Reaction score
As happy as I am when the 9ers lose, that must have been a painful experience for their fans. It was very similar to our ending vs. the Rams. So close to scraping back in for the win, but not quite good enough and capped off with the crazy fumble ending.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":1ej3daej said:
RedAlice":1ej3daej said:

I am a member of bot clanram and Rams on demand. Avenger is not actually the site owner, just a mod who is good friends with the owner. He is a complete douchebag who has ruined the site and killed it.

As for Rams on demand, Ramsfanz is not the owner, nor is he a mod, and he has been warned about some of his behavior and doesn't post much anymore. Rod has a zero tolerance policy and bans people a lot who come over from Ramstalk.

Just felt as a long time member of both(and Ramstalk for entertainment value and Rams herd) that I'd let you know my experience.

Great win today!!! Go Rams!!!!

Thanks for the update Fitz. Avenger gave the impression that he runs the site, and made it clear that I was banned for disagreeing with him on this Hawk site. I was specifically banned on both boards for being honest about Avenger's behavior, both here and on other sites. He is truely a horrible person in my opinion.

Since it was also an auto ban at Rod's site, I do not believe you that Rod runs an honest board as I never even posted there. Seems he allows Avenger to control there as well.

I would never choose to post anywhere where RamsFanZ was allowed his dribble on a daily basis anyway. It's intolerable.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Rams just lined up and beat a team without any fluky special teams fakes and whatnot. It sure has been a while since that happened.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":1orq1hqc said:
The Rams just lined up and beat a team without any fluky special teams fakes and whatnot. It sure has been a while since that happened.

What were the fluky plays v Tampa?

Granted, I was watching it at a bar in Amsterdam, so my memory may be off. But, I don't member any fluky plays.

NINEster

Reaction score
A loss like that sucks b***s as a Niner fan but at least one good thing comes out of it:

Fix the OL, become a legit team again. Fail to fix the OL and go into rebuild mode by season's end.

At last some clarity, on that side of the ball.

Is there any logical reason for the 49ers offense to be worse this year (or at least so inconsistent) with all this weaponry (and improved defense) and another year for Kaepernick?

I remember when Kaepernick first took over as starter and that first full Rams game in St. Louis, I saw scary warning signs of what the team would look like without strong OL play. They held the run game in check and got good pressure on him, and the team looked a lot less threatening than it had the few weeks prior.

Of course it has taken time for these things to flesh out to where we are now.

This team needs good enough OL play to get Gore/Hyde going at a respectable clip and for Kaepernick to have SOME semblance of time in the pocket.

That's the way the team is built right now, with the Greg Roman power run and vertical passing offense. Which is probably better suited to Kaepernick's skillset under ideal conditions, but not right now.

Norv Turner is probably the best OC for this type of offense, but he can't overcome this s*** blocking himself.