Rams vs 49ers

RedAlice

Reaction score
SF49r":32j7xoyx said:
RedAlice":32j7xoyx said:
Both calls are going to be debated and no one is ever going to agree.

I have seen all the screen caps, all the arguments, and I believe both calls were correct. A Niner fan may think different

Fact is, the game was not decided on that drive.
I think we got screwed on the Crabtree catch, but at the same time you guys got screwed a good amount of times throughout the game. Overall it was a very poorly officiated game, one of the worst I seen this year.

Most certainly not the worst I have seen this year. Not even close.

I also don't believe either of our teams can blame refs for anything in this game. Both had some pretty weak play and many opps to own the game. This one is all on the play and the coaches, not the refs. For both teams.

I don't beleive it should've been this close - Rams had plenty of opps to get ahead that they did not capitilize on. Same for Niners.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
pehawk":1q7fnvad said:
This is like watching my two creepy uncles fight (one of which dates 16yo's...regardless of sex...and the other's a swinger).
:laugh:
pehawk for the win!!!!

SF49r

Reaction score
RedAlice":pvrrh6ic said:
SF49r":pvrrh6ic said:
RedAlice":pvrrh6ic said:
Both calls are going to be debated and no one is ever going to agree.

I have seen all the screen caps, all the arguments, and I believe both calls were correct. A Niner fan may think different

Fact is, the game was not decided on that drive.
I think we got screwed on the Crabtree catch, but at the same time you guys got screwed a good amount of times throughout the game. Overall it was a very poorly officiated game, one of the worst I seen this year.

Most certainly not the worst I have seen this year. Not even close.

I also don't believe either of our teams can blame refs for anything in this game. Both had some pretty weak play and many opps to own the game. This one is all on the play and the coaches, not the refs. For both teams.

I don't beleive it should've been this close - Rams had plenty of opps to get ahead that they did not capitilize on. Same for Niners.
I thought the officials were horrible and I am not even pinning the loss on them. Horrible o-line play was the reason, I believe, we lost. To me, the worst call of the day was when they called back that punt return TD the Rams should of had also Boger trying to explain it made it worse. By far I'd say him and his crew are the worst in the NFL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":yf3c065t said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/drew_ajeto/status/529104414217617408[/tweet]

Nice picture but Kap regained possession after that and lost the ball again I'm the pile.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
yeah i thought the crabtree catch was a TD.. it definitely broke the plane.. atleast thats how ive always understood it.

NINEster

Reaction score
The benefit of the doubt you have to give to the refs with the Crabtree non TD is that with the Calvin Johnson one step/football move rule instituted a few years ago, it's hard to pin down with any authority what a catch is anymore.

I think that's a TD by 2010 rules.

rlkats

Reaction score
RedAlice":3pmg2l7j said:
So, all the Niner fans agree the refs were wrong.

Rams boards are bringing up this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/sport ... ted=1&_r=1

Guess there many disputed calls this game.

I still say nothing in this game was because of a ref call.

I agree Red this game was lost due to a very pathetic online and QB play on by niners. The rams deserve the win hands down that d line was impressive. Congrats. I remember back in the day my niners could never beat the la rams in candlestick but they seem to beat me on the road. This game was a defense dream the better team won today.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kmw9n1k said:
Nice picture but Kap regained possession after that and lost the ball again I'm the pile.

Is that why you are so irritating?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3r8uruva said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/drew_ajeto/status/529104414217617408[/tweet]

Kaepernick also claims he never called Lamarr Houston the N-Word. He is a proven liar.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":2nf0pmif said:
Gratz Alice and Rams fans on the win. Niners didn't deserve it.

Not making an excuse as Niners got a big call in their favor on the Gore fumble, but I really need to know how that Crabtree catch wasn't a TD. Nearly the entire ball was over the goal line when he made the catch.

Not complaining...I'd honestly like an explanation that makes sense. It seems like the spent so much time looking whether he caught the ball that they didn't look at WHERE he initially caught the ball.
"Not complaining". Um, OK. (not that Hawks fans don't do the exact same thing, cuz we do)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2vd5hzd1 said:
We lost from a goal line fumble. The same team that beat SEA. Dont get too full of yourself. Its nice to win, enjoy it while it lasts, but once we get healthy, without a doubt we will make the wild card. Cardinals arent scaring anybody in the playoffs.

At the end of the year, your name still is still relevant.

Tumblr inline nbkck8pWO81ruc899

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":xpggnw96 said:
Not making an excuse as Niners got a big call in their favor on the Gore fumble, but I really need to know how that Crabtree catch wasn't a TD. Nearly the entire ball was over the goal line when he made the catch.

Not complaining...I'd honestly like an explanation that makes sense. It seems like the spent so much time looking whether he caught the ball that they didn't look at WHERE he initially caught the ball.

It shouldn't have been ruled a catch to begin with. Crabtree never had control IMO.

Jerome Boger's crew is up there with Triplette's though on the pantheon of shit officiating.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Crabtree's catch wasn't a TD....not even close.

I guess if I was a Niner fan I would have wanted that call, but the only thing I thought they were reviewing was if it was a catch, and whether he got out of bounds. But he didn't possess the ball and complete the process of the catch until the ball was out of the end zone. I thought that was actually an easy call to make.

Now, I do believe there was an 85% chance that Kaepernick DID break the plane before fumbling. And I was just waiting for the refs to signal that it was a TD. When they gave the ball to us, and after seeing the replay, I realized that it was definitely not going to be overturned.

I don't really see how 49er fans could be upset with the refs in this game.....the punt return wasn't going to count, but the ref that called Austin out of bounds may not have known that.....so the refs took two TDs away from the Rams in this game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":owi0lvhy said:
Crabtree's catch wasn't a TD....not even close.

I guess if I was a Niner fan I would have wanted that call, but the only thing I thought they were reviewing was if it was a catch, and whether he got out of bounds. But he didn't possess the ball and complete the process of the catch until the ball was out of the end zone. I thought that was actually an easy call to make.

Now, I do believe there was an 85% chance that Kaepernick DID break the plane before fumbling. And I was just waiting for the refs to signal that it was a TD. When they gave the ball to us, and after seeing the replay, I realized that it was definitely not going to be overturned.

I don't really see how 49er fans could be upset with the refs in this game.....the punt return wasn't going to count, but the ref that called Austin out of bounds may not have known that.....so the refs took two TDs away from the Rams in this game.

For the record....

I'm upset with the officiating, but it didn't cost the 49ers the game. The game was horribly officiated from top to bottom and bad calls were made both ways.

Gore fumbled. Tavon Austin did NOT step out of bounds (tho that play was replayed anyway on offsetting penatlies).

As for the Crabtree and Kap plays at the end...I disagree. I think it was VERY close. IMO if the ref had called TD on either play they would have stood because the visual evidence wasn't there to overturn.

So...essentially...Niners were up a creek on both calls because there was no visual evidence to overturn once the initial call was made.

Again tho...refs were terrible all day with calls on both teams. No excuse. Niners sucked yesterday. O-Line play in particular was atrocious.

pehawk

Reaction score
Awesome now our NFL forum is 49ers AND Rams talk. I swear we have more people that are fans of their team than actually love or follow the game.

You want to know who I root for when the Rams and 49ers play? A terrorist attack.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3zidhlg7 said:
Awesome now our NFL forum is 49ers AND Rams talk. I swear we have more people that are fans of their team than actually love or follow the game.

You want to know who I root for when the Rams and 49ers play? A terrorist attack.

I root for Godzilla.

45Hawker

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":5sfoe64c said:
yeah i thought the crabtree catch was a TD.. it definitely broke the plane.. atleast thats how ive always understood it.
I didn't think it was a catch - it looked like the tip of the ball touched the ground to help him secure possession. Hard to determine, I admit.

BUT, since the refs determined that it was indeed a catch, I think it should have been a TD. When Crabtree made the catch, the ball had broken the plane. 9ers got screwed on that one.

And then the fumble happened. It was inconclusive as to where Kap fumbled. He very well could have been in. What a gut-punch way to lose.

Marvin49

Reaction score
45Hawker":vyp0ros8 said:
FriscosFinest":vyp0ros8 said:
I didn't think it was a catch - it looked like the tip of the ball touched the ground to help him secure possession. Hard to determine, I admit.

BUT, since the refs determined that it was indeed a catch, I think it should have been a TD. When Crabtree made the catch, the ball had broken the plane. 9ers got screwed on that one.

And then the fumble happened. It was inconclusive as to where Kap fumbled. He very well could have been in. What a gut-punch way to lose.

Game should never have been close and calls were bad both ways....but OUCH those two images below make it tough to swallow.

1457578_10152781007365126_8129260679206236435_n.jpg

B1enDm6CQAAe CX

Latest posts