Random Thoughts™ on the Giants game

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk4lyfe":sdtdk7se said:
Great effort by our D. Wish I didn't feel like our D is only this dominant when the refs "let us play". the presnap penalties (and penalties in general I guess) are driving me nuts. has a super bowl winner ever lead the league in penalties during the reg season? (I know we are 2nd)

and the O looked out of sync. Should have put up atleast 14 more pts. But a win is a win. Just nitpicking
YOU're nitpicking, what do you think Russell Wilson is going to do with the re-viewing of game tapes, and how he messed up a couple three times today :16:
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if RW doesn't have a self-butt-kicking machine in his house. :lol:

ivotuk

Reaction score
This cracked me up:

"then Tate does some kind of voodoo teleportation move and appears in front of the DB for an eyebrow raising catch. Except today, he didn't catch those."

Lynch and Russell have looked tired the past two weeks and I wonder if they have the been dealing with the flu or something like that? Some home cooking should do them some good. I'm encouraged by the time that RW has to stand back there and survey the field. But I want to see the run game get back up there in the 4.5-5.0 ypc range.

Our offensive line has been in flux all year and I think Breno/Okung are taking a bit to get in game shape. I know that Cable has been rotating in Bailey for the run game and that says something.

I worry that the wide receivers might not be working as hard to get open as they have earlier in the season. Fatigue might be sapping their abilities and energy some which makes me think if we can hang on for the last 2 games, the first round bye will be a Godsend. I know they are excellent blockers and imagine that takes a lot of energy.

Our defense is making it easy on the offense. And I love that our 53 players have so much playing time on the field. They mentioned that during the game and it is so cool because we can rotate them in with very little drop in play. Remember a couple of years ago when Green Bay won the Superbowl? They had an unusual number of injuries and guys going on IR.

Come on Percy Harvin! Fix our running and passing game for us! You know that the fact that we don't have a true #1 receiver makes it easier for teams to focus on the run game. Once Percy gets back, opposing teams won't have that luxury.

Go Hawks!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ivotuk":1e6ua4gm said:
..................Come on Percy Harvin! Fix our running and passing game for us! You know that the fact that we don't have a true #1 receiver makes it easier for teams to focus on the run game. Once Percy gets back, opposing teams won't have that luxury.
Sadly, it ain't happenin'.

(I BADLY want to be wrong)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The redzone offense is not clicking at all. They were awful in the redzone today. They were only able to get 2 TDs. Giacomini made some stupid penaltis that cost them a 1st down and then a potential TD. They really need to clean up the redzone offense, it's the one thing that has been weak all year. The have to start maxmizing on these opportunities, especially in the playoffs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1a26ly0w said:
The redzone offense is not clicking at all. They were awful in the redzone today. They were only able to get 2 TDs. Giacomini made some stupid penaltis that cost them a 1st down and then a potential TD. They really need to clean up the redzone offense, it's the one thing that has been weak all year. The have to start maxmizing on these opportunities, especially in the playoffs.

That false start was not on Breno, I think it was Lemuel that moved.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1qwhv3n1 said:

The Seahawks offense is 6th in the NFL in red zone %.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The false start was called on Breno but it was actually McQuistan.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Take this with the grain of salt; I am on my second bottle of wine since the game ended. But I have to disagree with all the Lynch comments. Lynch is the caulking keeping this (offensive) ship afloat. Teams have had two seasons to figure out our blocking schemes and they know he is coming, but for a few good stops a game, they aren't able to stop him. No his numbers have not been stellar of late, but make absolutely no frigging mistake; this team goes as Beast goes! Bevell knows this, and is planning accordingly. I got your back beast!

Seafan

Reaction score
Remember when we used to say, "it was 10:00 am" ? No more of those the rest of the season.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Come on Percy Harvin! Fix our running and passing game for us! You know that the fact that we don't have a true #1 receiver makes it easier for teams to focus on the run game. Once Percy gets back, opposing teams won't have that luxury.

100% with you. Just watching the offense today the whole time I couldn't help but see that our offense is just one more weapon away from exploding. If Percy comes back and plays for the playoffs and stays healthy throughout, the SB is a wrap.

morgulon1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2hdqgdwd said:
The Giants didn't run a play in Seattle territory until halfway through the 4th quarter.

And that was because of a Seattle penalty.

ivotuk

Reaction score
morgulon1":3ht0xg2u said:
SeatownJay":3ht0xg2u said:
The Giants didn't run a play in Seattle territory until halfway through the 4th quarter.

And that was because of a Seattle penalty.

A bogus penalty. "Blow to the head." Never happened and there will be no fine.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2ysfjfsb said:
Thing is, Wilson looked awful, but then I looked at his numbers and he still hit 66% of his passes and still had like nine yards per completion. His bad games are still better than like 2/3 of the league at QB.

Do keep in mind that this was a 10 am start on the East Coast.
He plays better at the Clink and the 12th Man. I believe that we will see a rejuvenated Offense next Sunday. Las Vegas has us favored by 10 points!!

formido

Reaction score
For those claiming Wilson was "awful" and this game was Wilson's "least accurate ever": How would your opinion change if Wilson had been facing the best pass defense in the NFL?

Because he was. The Giants have an elite pass defense at home; in fact, their defensive passer rating is 73 there:

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/op ... ser-rating

OK, so it's not quite best, but if they played as well on the road as at home, only Seattle (at 69, before this game) would allow a lower passer rating on defense. Moreover, Wilson's passer rating averaged 100 on the road. So, the 86 he wound up with is utterly unremarkable, neither good nor bad, just expected.

Wilson looked great. Did you know that aside from his ugly pick, his passer rating was over 100? That's perfectly in line with my eye test and that's not awful. Of course, you can't take out the ugly pick, which is fine because that drops his passer rating down to 86, which is fair for throwing such a bad INT and also not awful.

Which passes happen to hit and which miss makes all the difference for the story line but is irrelevant in considering future performance. If Tate hadn't gone out of bounds on his TD and made that spectacular catch he's made so many times before, the story line would be completely different, and yet that's purely a matter of chance, nothing Wilson did.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
formido":3bdvlva7 said:
For those claiming Wilson was "awful" and this game was Wilson's "least accurate ever": How would your opinion change if Wilson had been facing the best pass defense in the NFL?

Because he was. The Giants have an elite pass defense at home; in fact, their defensive passer rating is 73 there:

OK, so it's not quite best, but if they played as well on the road as at home, only Seattle (at 69, before this game) would allow a lower passer rating on defense. Moreover, Wilson's passer rating averaged 100 on the road. So, the 86 he wound up with is utterly unremarkable, neither good nor bad, just expected.

Wilson looked great. Did you know that aside from his ugly pick, his passer rating was over 100? That's perfectly in line with my eye test and that's not awful. Of course, you can't take out the ugly pick, which is fine because that drops his passer rating down to 86, which is fair for throwing such a bad INT and also not awful.

Which passes happen to hit and which miss makes all the difference for the story line but is irrelevant in considering future performance. If Tate hadn't gone out of bounds on his TD and made that spectacular catch he's made so many times before, the story line would be completely different, and yet that's purely a matter of chance, nothing Wilson did.

Tate also dropped a ball that went right through his hands early in the game. It was high, but not uncatchable. (Was that the play where the sun was in his eyes?)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
formido":39mjhsp0 said:

Wilson had several throws that were way off mark. That's not pass defense, and it's uncharacteristic of Wilson.

hawk45

Reaction score
I see folks saying Wilson looked awful, and he did, for him. I think that's kind of the point, on a bad day he's still pretty effective and in no way loses the game for you.

The Giants may have a good pass D but Wilson also sailed some that had nothing to do with defense, most notably the short pass to Willson with no defender around the target that ended up rocketing 5 feet too high. Also, on the INT, that was just a bad decision throwing at Lockette between 2 guys.

I think we're all actually relieved when an off-day by the offense is partly because Wilson was off. Because you know *that* will get corrected. When you the see the OL suck or something, your worries tend to follow you to bed at night

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
For the record, I am not saying he looked awful today, nor do I think it. I said I think it was HIS worst game as a pro. There's a big difference between that and awful.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawk45":2ic69yor said:
I see folks saying Wilson looked awful, and he did, for him. I think that's kind of the point, on a bad day he's still pretty effective and in no way loses the game for you.

The Giants may have a good pass D but Wilson also sailed some that had nothing to do with defense, most notably the short pass to Willson with no defender around the target that ended up rocketing 5 feet too high. Also, on the INT, that was just a bad decision throwing at Lockette between 2 guys.

I think we're all actually relieved when an off-day by the offense is partly because Wilson was off. Because you know *that* will get corrected. When you the see the OL suck or something, your worries tend to follow you to bed at night

Compare Eli's bad day with RW's. Never mind... there's actually no comparison.l

Status
Not open for further replies.