Random Thoughts on the Dallas game

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
rcaido said:
This is the story of Seattle fans, they are the most passionate when they are winning but as soon as they lose a step, they are ready to call it a season. You guys are pathetic!/quote]

giphy.gif

drdiags

Reaction score
rcaido":9brbcc0v said:
This is the story of Seattle fans, they are the most passionate when they are winning but as soon as they lose a step, they are ready to call it a season. You guys are pathetic!.

This post is pathetic. Throw the entire fan base under the bus because just like any other fan base, a few disgruntled folks have an axe to grind is just mindless tripe. Give it a rest.

hawker84

Reaction score
rcaido":95d1yc44 said:
This is the story of Seattle fans, they are the most passionate when they are winning but as soon as they lose a step, they are ready to call it a season. You guys are pathetic!
rcaido":95d1yc44 said:
That said, it was a terrible loss to the Cowgirls. Its like the defense knew exactly what we were going to do in every play. Wilson had his worse game. O-line couldn't protect. WR couldn't catch. Our defense couldn't tackle. Our coaches couldn't coach. It was like we were all out of sync.

The problem is the injuries, if we have everyone healthy we are the best team in football. The next 5 teams we play, we should be able to beat. By then hopefully we get Miller back, i think he is the most important player out right now.

Ya, I don't suspect you last long here bud. might want to tone it down a notch... Or take it to the Shack where we can address your comments properly.

Largent80

Reaction score
rcaido":1bgpxd1g said:
This is the story of Seattle fans, they are the most passionate when they are winning but as soon as they lose a step, they are ready to call it a season. You guys are pathetic!

Says the guy that signed up here 3 days after we win the Super Bowl.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes good teams lose games. And sometimes good teams go through bad stretches. We'll get it sorted out. We have the same team more or less that won a championship last year. I am not concerned...

rcaido

Reaction score
drdiags":kjkgkkd5 said:
rcaido":kjkgkkd5 said:
This is the story of Seattle fans, they are the most passionate when they are winning but as soon as they lose a step, they are ready to call it a season. You guys are pathetic!.

This post is pathetic. Throw the entire fan base under the bus because just like any other fan base, a few disgruntled folks have an axe to grind is just mindless tripe. Give it a rest.

The people who are offended by my post are the ones im talking about. Its only 1/4 of the season & people think its already over. If you look at this year, there is no team at all that is really scary. We will be fine, our team is really resilient, just wish the fan base is the same.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
rcaido":2gk096of said:
drdiags":2gk096of said:
rcaido":2gk096of said:

The people who are offended by my post are the ones im talking about. Its only 1/4 of the season & people think its already over. If you look at this year, there is no team at all that is really scary. We will be fine, our team is really resilient, just wish the fan base is the same.
It is. Quit with calling out the fan base. It's lame and trollish.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2i1xtqrh said:
rcaido":2i1xtqrh said:
drdiags":2i1xtqrh said:
rcaido":2i1xtqrh said:

It is. Quit with calling out the fan base. It's lame and trollish.
This. I'm offended by your post as is DrDiags and he doesn't offend easily. He and I have NOT once said the season is over and we're both offended by your post. The same goes for Largent80, Pe, TechWorlds and any number of posters on this thread that are offended by your post and have not once said the season is over. Therefore, you are wrong in your assumptions and by calling out other fans you have merely demonstrated you are nothing but a troll. Please go away.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm not offended.

Personally, I had a great time at the game, even though we lost and there were some bad injuries. It was a good game. Back and forth all day. Seattle hung with one of the hottest teams in the NFL and played their hearts out, even with numerous injuries. I was proud of my Seahawks. One Cowboys fan asked me how it felt, and I said, "About the same as you probably feel about playoff wins - RARE." He laughed, I laughed, and it was all good.

I don't share any of the sentiments on this forum about the team struggles. Good teams go through that. The season is 16 games long. I've been through most of them, and seen much worse.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Further, when people talk about Dallas being more physical, you're talking about the guy who stayed on his feet just long enough to land the last punch in a championship fight between Ali and Foreman. I was impressed that Dallas was able to hang in that game. It's all good, they're playing good football. They always do early in the season, which is why Romo is named "Mr. November". I have my doubts as to whether we'll see them in the playoffs, however. They're going to have to get through December to hang with the NFCW wildcards. Definitely looks like AZ, SF and SEA will ALL lose maybe 6 games max.

As to Seattle, they're going through the same type of stretch that NE and SF went through early in the season. This team is young and physical, and built to play the entire season. That's 16 games. I still don't see them doing any worse than 11-5. I would put money on it, actually. That will be good enough to get into the playoffs, and when they do, look out.

Drew Bledsoe was on 710 ESPN this morning and said some good stuff about that. He asked Brock Huard, do you really think the Seahawks won't make the playoffs? This team is loaded with talent and stumbled in one game. That happens. And it doesn't mean anything. Get into the playoffs and the Seahawks are as dangerous, if not more dangerous, than anyone else in the NFC.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HansGruber":ckadjbfo said:
Further, when people talk about Dallas being more physical, you're talking about the guy who stayed on his feet just long enough to land the last punch in a championship fight between Ali and Foreman. I was impressed that Dallas was able to hang in that game. It's all good, they're playing good football. They always do early in the season, which is why Romo is named "Mr. November". I have my doubts as to whether we'll see them in the playoffs, however. They're going to have to get through December to hang with the NFCW wildcards. Definitely looks like AZ, SF and SEA will ALL lose maybe 6 games max.

As to Seattle, they're going through the same type of stretch that NE and SF went through early in the season. This team is young and physical, and built to play the entire season. That's 16 games. I still don't see them doing any worse than 11-5. I would put money on it, actually. That will be good enough to get into the playoffs, and when they do, look out.

Drew Bledsoe was on 710 ESPN this morning and said some good stuff about that. He asked Brock Huard, do you really think the Seahawks won't make the playoffs? This team is loaded with talent and stumbled in one game. That happens. And it doesn't mean anything. Get into the playoffs and the Seahawks are as dangerous, if not more dangerous, than anyone else in the NFC.
Generally agree with you Hans about being 11-5 and making the playoffs but the injuries are the biggest thing I think could derail the season we expect. This team is hurtin' bad right now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1r48fyac said:
Generally agree with you Hans about being 11-5 and making the playoffs but the injuries are the biggest thing I think could derail the season we expect. This team is hurtin' bad right now.

Honestly, I'd rather be struggling through injuries now than in February. We went through the same thing last season. Both tackles and the center out, as well as Harvin and Rice, and the same amount of problems in the secondary. We've seen it before. Get healthy late, and none of that matters, except that your team has learned to win without those weapons. Your depth improves.

People complain about the lack of quality depth. How do you think that depth gets good? By playing. Look at it this way, we could be the 49ers, who sit their depth all season and then when they need them in the postseason, they just can't compete. It bit them in the ass last January. Meanwhile, our guys had been playing with backups all year and were ready to go in the postseason.

Plus, Tharold Simon will likely be back this week and Lane is expected back after the Rams. That's going to make a huge difference. I didn't see a terrible defense like others here. I saw a defense playing their hearts out, against the best OL in the game, and staying in it right up to the end. This team is going to be fine. And I'm happy I finally get to watch meaningful football all season long. It rules.

The best part is not having to worry that we'll get to the playoffs just to watch some guy like Hass or Krieg blow it for us. Or blow it the way Kaepernick always does for the Niners. I love watching this team in the postseason. I have full confidence in their ability to absolutely bring the heat to everyone they play. Sure, they might lose, but it's a bit more likely they win.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":32xipdo5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":32xipdo5 said:

Honestly, I'd rather be struggling through injuries now than in February. We went through the same thing last season. Both tackles and the center out, as well as Harvin and Rice, and the same amount of problems in the secondary. We've seen it before. Get healthy late, and none of that matters, except that your team has learned to win without those weapons. Your depth improves.

People complain about the lack of quality depth. How do you think that depth gets good? By playing. Look at it this way, we could be the 49ers, who sit their depth all season and then when they need them in the postseason, they just can't compete. It bit them in the ass last January. Meanwhile, our guys had been playing with backups all year and were ready to go in the postseason.

Plus, Tharold Simon will likely be back this week and Lane is expected back after the Rams. That's going to make a huge difference. I didn't see a terrible defense like others here. I saw a defense playing their hearts out, against the best OL in the game, and staying in it right up to the end. This team is going to be fine. And I'm happy I finally get to watch meaningful football all season long. It rules.

The best part is not having to worry that we'll get to the playoffs just to watch some guy like Hass or Krieg blow it for us. Or blow it the way Kaepernick always does for the Niners. I love watching this team in the postseason. I have full confidence in their ability to absolutely bring the heat to everyone they play. Sure, they might lose, but it's a bit more likely they win.

I'm pretty much with you on how we can recover once our guys start to get healthy. One thing though, and I realize it's being mis-reported, but Lane is only able to come back to practice in a week ( I think it's actually 6 days now), but he still isn't eligible to play for 2 more weeks after that by rule. This means he isn't able to play until I believe, November 9 against the Giants.

Simon though is supposed to practice this week and is going to be evaluated on Friday to see how he holds up, so I expect him either for the rams game or the game following.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Could it be that now that all our opponents have 2 years worth of film on RW to study, that they have many of his tendencies figured out? They all know what they have to do to make his life difficult. Just a matter of having the right personnel.

Or perhaps it is that Cable is incapable of coaching decent pass block abilities into our hand picked ZBS linemen. Takes a pretty fair athlete to be a good anchor and hand fight as a pass blocker, yet still be able and willing to back side cut block on run plays.

Or, to further the discussion, is Cable"s ZBS blocking scheme not a fit with Bevel's offense?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seedhawk":1juqlvtb said:
Could it be that now that all our opponents have 2 years worth of film on RW to study, that they have many of his tendencies figured out? They all know what they have to do to make his life difficult. Just a matter of having the right personnel.

Or perhaps it is that Cable is incapable of coaching decent pass block abilities into our hand picked ZBS linemen. Takes a pretty fair athlete to be a good anchor and hand fight as a pass blocker, yet still be able and willing to back side cut block on run plays.

Or, to further the discussion, is Cable"s ZBS blocking scheme not a fit with Bevel's offense?
Only if you ignore the games where it was a good fit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HansGruber":1d98ovm7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1d98ovm7 said:

Great point. I agree. Couldn't have said it better.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":c0kpauvr said:
seedhawk":c0kpauvr said:

Only if you ignore the games where it was a good fit.

For sure! 12% of our games tends to give us a real advantage.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Upon all-22 review, Seattle played a shit game. Bevell had mistakes, he tried to jump start the run game late with I formation and Coleman stunk up 3 plays. Seattle failed in most respects to make Dallas pay for playing a lot of man.

On the first Jet sweep, Kearse just whiffed a cut on Scandrick, otherwise that play has numbers on the left side. Willson blocks like a rice paper wall over and over. Schilling actually had a good run blocking game.

Wilson had a terrible game. Some of you are crapping on guys for drops, but Wilson was off, underthrowing guys back into coverage, not leading guys far enough a couple times, bailing from the pocket away from open checkdown passes, and just generally late seeing a lot of stuff.

Dallas and Marinelli deserve credit. They gave Seattle and a new center lots of odd looks. They recognized that Seattle would look to get the clock back on it's side in the 2nd half, and put 8 in the box when Coleman was in the backfield. The Dallas linebackers would all take deep pass drops, knowing Seattle avoids the short middle of the field. One time they brought up 6 looking blitz, but dropped the DE and LB on one side back, sending 4 from the right side vs 3 blockers. I am sure that is one that is getting blamed by lots of you on a crappy line, but the Dallas scheme made it a 4 on 3 pass rush. A line slide would have stopped it dead. Another time the 3 tech got after Wilson unblocked. How does nobody put a hat on a guy who is over a guard?

The horrible "option pass" everyone is upset about wasn't that at all. Lynch was supposed to get the handoff. He thought it was a pass and was setting up for pass pro, Wilson turned to nobody, and improvised. Can't hang that on Bevell.

Like many games, Wilson could have kept a couple read options and it would have been big yards. I have given up complaining about those, I am convinced lots of them are not real read options anyway.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
CANHawk":2bhbig3u said:
Sometimes good teams lose games. And sometimes good teams go through bad stretches. We'll get it sorted out. We have the same team more or less that won a championship last year. I am not concerned...

WHAT? HOW DARE YOU, SIR?!