Ravens DC Mike McDonald

hawks85

Reaction score
Agree with this except that damnable McVay had his offense put up twenty-nine against the Ravens. The other two points was a safety. So McVay was one of only two offenses that performed well against the Ravens this season.

He is still my top choice.
Yeah, but the Ravens still won. That's all I care about, getting the W. Macdonald's defense isn't a magic potion, but it's built to shut down San Fran and that's what the Seahawks brass is looking for. We as a team will not go deep into the playoffs or in the playoffs without getting through San Fran. A Slowik or Johnson offense won't get the job done. We were 8th or something like that in scoring points last year, and San Fran beat the shit out of us because we couldn't stop them. If Quinn or Vrabel were the guy, it would have happened already. I wasn't gonna say anything, but the rumor I'm hearing is Seattle wants Macdonald. It's not official, it's just a rumor I heard through a beat writer a friend of mine. That's why Seattle hasn't announced anything yet. Hopefully this is true.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
I sure hope we get Macdonald, his D beat the living snot out of us so bad that I still to this day haven’t seen the highlights of that game lol

bigcc

Reaction score
I'd be ecstatic with either one, especially when the alternatives are guys like Kafka or quinn.

Quinn is not a bad coach, I'd certainly like him at DC, but he really strikes me as a 10 win ceiling kind of guy while usually hovering around 8 or 9.

He's a worse Pete carroll, give me someone with upside.

And the fact Kafka got a 2nd interview terrifies me, hire Quinn, slowik, belicheck, Johnson, vrabel, the Michigan DC, neuheisal, holmgren, ghost of John madden, anyone but Kafka.

But even if it's Kafka at least it wasn't Raheem. I'm honestly terrified that Jody might just go cheap before selling the team.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wonder if Mcdonald could snag Jesse Minter if hired. Probably a long shot but they spent sometime together in Baltimore.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We’re not even sure if Macdonald will want to leave. It sort of makes sense if he waits another year or whatever for the perfect opening. So if Johnson goes to Washington then it will be fascinating to see what they do. I still have a weird feeling it would Kafka in that scenario or Quinn.

The only way I won’t be super disappointed if it’s Quinn is if he gets a super interesting OC paired with him because of his connections.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
To be honest, Seattle is arguably the best opening this off-season other than the Chargers job. I just don't see how M.M wouldn't want the job if we were to offer it too him. I dont see anything next year being a better gig.

getnasty

Reaction score
To be honest, Seattle is arguably the best opening this off-season other than the Chargers job. I just don't see how M.M wouldn't want the job if we were to offer it too him. I dont see anything next year being a better gig.
Chargers ownership is and has always been trash. Sure it's LA and you get Herbert but I'm not sure if it's as desirable as the Seahawks job. I think anyone other Harbaugh fails there.

Latest posts