Rawls Is MANNNNN!

Exittium

Reaction score
Aros":tmtco73i said:
Trenchbroom":tmtco73i said:
Did I hear the talking heads on Fox correctly? It was the most rushing yards by a RB in Seahawks history?

If they said that that is incorrect. The rushing record by a Seahawk RB belongs to Alexander who rushed for 266 yards against the Raiders on MNF on November 11, 2001.

2002102073 300x192

Well he'll surely break it if he keeps it up

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
irocdave":1kt2b40a said:
Man, I was really concerned about the running back position as it's obvious Lynch will call it quits after this year. Rawls has shown he is a more than adequate replacement. Turban and Michaels were not, this guy is. Never thought Turbin was more than an average back, big arms, small legs, not much balance.

Rawls is the future, hope Lynch has something left for this year though. Nice to see the O get back on track in the first half, Rawls played a huge part in that.

I never liked Turbin and Michaels. Not once did they show me the explosiveness, punishment and potential this kid has in so very few starts. Rawls is no doubt our replacement to Lynch, who I very much believe will retire at the end of this season.

Chawker

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in his performance, I thought for sure he'd get over 200 yards rushing & get 2 TD's.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":19w1hwug said:
Did I hear the talking heads on Fox correctly? It was the most rushing yards by a RB in Seahawks history?

Rawls had a great game running the ball but he definitely didn't have the most yards by RB in Seahawk history. Shaun Alexander had 266 yards rushing against the Raiders for that mark.

dbmack

Reaction score
hawkfan68":17fzr52x said:
Trenchbroom":17fzr52x said:

Rawls had a great game running the ball but he definitely didn't have the most yards by RB in Seahawk history. Shaun Alexander had 266 yards rushing against the Raiders for that mark.
I forgot to quote above but he broke Curt Warners rookie record.

Alexander

Reaction score
Chawker":24etavb5 said:
I was a little disappointed in his performance, I thought for sure he'd get over 200 yards rushing & get 2 TD's.

What?

grizbob

Reaction score
Aros":3cs6wgw0 said:
grizbob":3cs6wgw0 said:
Just trying to be funny Todd, sounded funny in my head :oops:

I wouldn't mind being in your head for a few minutes. Maybe beats a buzz! :thirishdrinkers: :16:

I'm thinking a buzz may be the problem :lol: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
dbmack":1xj7nype said:
hawkfan68":1xj7nype said:
Trenchbroom":1xj7nype said:

I forgot to quote above but he broke Curt Warners rookie record.

Ahh.. so it was a rookie record. That makes sense.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Aros":5trqjout said:
Trenchbroom":5trqjout said:

If they said that that is incorrect. The rushing record by a Seahawk RB belongs to Alexander who rushed for 266 yards against the Raiders on MNF on November 11, 2001.

2002102073 300x192

SNF*

And I was at that cold miserable weather game at Husky Stadium.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve2222":3srzp4rb said:
SNF*

And I was at that cold miserable weather game at Husky Stadium.

Ah so it was. Yep I was there, sitting in the lower, lower bowl. Wow the games I had rain beating me in the face SIDEWAYS. Don't miss that.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawkfan68":qbu1wfgu said:
Trenchbroom":qbu1wfgu said:

Rawls with 255 Total Yards, 2 TDs on 33 Touches. 7.3 Yards per Touch.

Alexander with 274 Total Yards, 3 TDs on 36 Touches. 7.6 Yards Per Touch.

However, for Rawls... give him credit... 2001 O-line might not have been has good as 2003-2005 O-line but still would have been better than 2015's unit.

Rawl's is an undrafted small school rookie who is a backup to Marshawn Lynch.

Alexander was drafted as a first round RB out of a big school.

I think with those differences, Rawl's and Alexander's performances are pretty equal. The tie-breaker is which team's Defense between the Raiders and 49ers sported the better DVOA.

And just for the record Fox said Rawls had the 2nd best day not 1st. At least thats what I heard. Edit: During the game, not after.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Aros":2rzgjez0 said:
Trenchbroom":2rzgjez0 said:

2002102073 300x192

Maybe it was rookie record for seahawk RB?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":x0a34ziq said:

Incorrect. Last hawk to rush for 200+ yards was SA.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Aros":2f4i5lz1 said:
Trenchbroom":2f4i5lz1 said:

2002102073 300x192

It was also the last afc west division games against the Raiders before the realignment.

kearly

Reaction score
It feels like Seattle could run the table with Rawls... if only the secondary finds a way to cover somebody, and not drop 3 INTs a game.

Gonna need a lot of offense next week, if Rawls starts I'll feel a lot better about Seattle's chances. I can't believe I'm saying that...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":3h916mnv said:
Aros":3h916mnv said:
That is all.

I'm confused Todd ??
Don't you mean...."Rawls is MAN" ?? :th2thumbs:

Dude, you busted me. That WAS to be my original subject line but I thought we have so many newcomers that they wouldn't get the reference. Nice catch. :)