Ray Rice Video - punching his gf

drrew

Reaction score
From PFT - the response from at least one current and one former player is especially damning.

“That man should be thrown out the the nfl and thrown into jail,” Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton tweeted a few moments ago. “Shame on those deciding his punishment. Smh.”

Knighton continued, calling his fellow players to action.

“As players we must speak up,” he wrote. “Stand up for what’s right. I don’t give a damn who u are or how much money you make. No place for this.

Longtime linebacker Scott Fujita, a former vice president of the NFLPA’s executive committee, had equally harsh words.

“I’m glad no one this morning seems to care about yesterday’s games,” Fujita wrote. “This piece of s— needs to be out of the league. Period.”

Cartire

Reaction score
I know I get flamed for supporting Goodell. Even though I dont really support him as much as I get annoyed with the blame he unjustly gets for things he doesnt control.

The only way Goodell saves face if he wants to claim they hadnt seen the video, increase the penalties he gave to Rice.

But I think the way bigger issue that only a few people here seem to care about, Why the hell was a plea deal given to him? The DA doesnt need his wifes approval. They had access to this video. Even if the NFL really didnt, the DA did. How the hell does Rice walk away from this with a plea deal?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cartire":4hfmhlk0 said:
I know I get flamed for supporting Goodell. Even though I dont really support him as much as I get annoyed with the blame he unjustly gets for things he doesnt control.

The only way Goodell saves face if he wants to claim they hadnt seen the video, increase the penalties he gave to Rice.

But I think the way bigger issue that only a few people here seem to care about, Why the hell was a plea deal given to him? The DA doesnt need his wifes approval. They had access to this video. Even if the NFL really didnt, the DA did. How the hell does Rice walk away from this with a plea deal?
All very true.

They all assumed the video would not get out.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1g5ma4lc said:
League saying now that they never saw it.

I call bullshit.
Even if law enforcement would not turn it over, Ray Rice himself had access to it. How would the league not ask to see the inside the elevator footage after seeing the outside the elevator footage?

Me too. So instead of being incompetent in their punishment, they were incompetent in their investigation? Wow, that's soooo much better :roll:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Ravens themselves look like shit now too. They live tweeted Ray Rice's wife apologizing for her role in the affair, and it was all spin to make it seem like she played a far bigger role than that video shows. Harbaugh, who I had respected, missed no chance to praise Rice.

The NFL claiming they have not see that footage does leave them with the opportunity to revisit his punishment. I am curious if Rice's camp will reveal that the NFL has actually seen it.

TXHawk

Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/someone-is-lying-ab ... 1631901404

Chris Mortensen and Peter King both reported in July that the NFL had seen the video inside the elevator and Mortensen even described what it showed in accurate detail. Any claims that they haven't seen it are pure bullshit.

I'm pretty sure Goodell got wind this video was going to go public which is why he came out with the new domestic violence policy last week to try to get ahead of it. The league is in pure CYA mode right now over this fiasco but I think it's going to blow up on them big time.

That video is disgusting. I don't know how the league and the Ravens can possibly let Rice take the field in two weeks.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Man am I disgusted right now. Was pretty clear what happened in that elevator, but seeing it play out is really messed up. I really hope the Ravens step up and suspend him for the season/cut him.

homerun1970

Reaction score
NFL says didn't see it can they redo and go back suspend him longer? I personally have a hard time believing they didn't though.

rlkats

Reaction score
I'm sickened and ashamed to be a fan of the nfl. The travesty that is allowed is unjust. I'm ashamed that my Niners have not taken a stronger stand against McDonald. I'm very close to not even giving two craps what happens in the nfl anymore. There is no accurate punishment ever for these rich idiots.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
And yet NFL.com, the site that reports every little thing about player conduct, has yet to release any statement or article on the matter :229031_rant: Weird...

Largent80

Reaction score
This woman married that guy after this?

Hmmm, I smell something....Either a gold digger, or enjoys getting beat. My wife is a marriage and family therapist and has seen this type of crap before. Some of these women feel trapped and continue with the relationship even though they get physically and mentally abused continuously.

In no way am I saying the woman is at fault because this is at minimum 2nd degree assault.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
League punishment aside... This just makes our judicial system look like a joke. What a broken system.

endzorn

Reaction score
The punishment is what it is, the incident is what it is. What I'm interested in now is how hard the fans are going to ride Rice and how embarrassing this will be for the Ravens going forward. I have a sick interest in watching bad karma unfold in the public eye.

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":1fxdqx0h said:
This woman married that guy after this?

Hmmm, I smell something....Either a gold digger, or enjoys getting beat. My wife is a marriage and family therapist and has seen this type of crap before. Some of these women feel trapped and continue with the relationship even though they get physically and mentally abused continuously.

In no way am I saying the woman is at fault because this is at minimum 2nd degree assault.

Its money, and money only. Had Ray Rice been a normal schlub with a 9-5 job making $50,000/yr, she would have taken him to the house. But because she was along for the ride and the potential was there for him to lose millions in future earnings, she kept a lid on it and EVEN APOLOGIZED for the incident via a Ravens press conference. Disgusting.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cartire":z5wy6t62 said:
Its money, and money only. Had Ray Rice been a normal schlub with a 9-5 job making $50,000/yr, she would have taken him to the house. But because she was along for the ride and the potential was there for him to lose millions in future earnings, she kept a lid on it and EVEN APOLOGIZED for the incident via a Ravens press conference. Disgusting.

OK, I didn't know that. Well then, she is as disgusting as Rice.

He should STILL be prosecuted. Why isn't law enforcement doing their jobs?