Ray Rice Video - punching his gf

Largent80

Reaction score
It's on ESPN.com as well. Too much talk on this and something hopefully will be done.

A

Anonymous

They just played the video, in silence, on NFL Network, interrupting programming to do so.

Cartire

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/509018782648381440[/tweet]

I truly believe this guy should be getting more shame then the NFL right now. (all though the NFL is not blameless). I dont know why charges werent press, but please someone tell me how this guy keeps his job.

Largent80

Reaction score
Heads need to roll. ISIS isn't the only one that should be cutting them.

[youtube]C21PrOKRG8w[/youtube]

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel has been "texting with team officials around the NFL," and the belief around the league is that the Ravens will release Ray Rice.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Phteven":n1u15tpt said:
He's clearly not defending himself. And, it's alarming how long she's unconscious. She is hit by him, but it looks like she also hit the hand rail really hard. He basically punched her into the wall. How many MMA matches have we seen where professional athletes are getting knocked out from a blow to the head. They're usually out for seconds. She's laying completely unresponsive for a LONG time as he waits for the elevator to open on a floor and he drags her out and drops her.

That's gruesome. That dude needs to be in jail for a long time, in my opinion.

You have to hit someone in the head really, really, really hard to do that. Severe concussion territory.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1s550dsr said:

I truly believe this guy should be getting more shame then the NFL right now. (all though the NFL is not blameless). I dont know why charges werent press, but please someone tell me how this guy keeps his job.

This means he can probably still do so. I really hope it happens. This is a clear cut felony assault.

Cartire

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2fnud474 said:
Cartire":2fnud474 said:

This means he can probably still do so. I really hope it happens. This is a clear cut felony assault.

The case was closed and Ray Rice recieved a plea deal (counceling). The only way they could reopen the case is if new evidence emerged. Youre telling me this video wasnt part of the original investigation?

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":d8q7bcwk said:
Cartire":d8q7bcwk said:
Its money, and money only. Had Ray Rice been a normal schlub with a 9-5 job making $50,000/yr, she would have taken him to the house. But because she was along for the ride and the potential was there for him to lose millions in future earnings, she kept a lid on it and EVEN APOLOGIZED for the incident via a Ravens press conference. Disgusting.

OK, I didn't know that. Well then, she is as disgusting as Rice.

Wow, what a pathetic thing to say.

Largent80

Reaction score
People need to really pay attention to whom they elect. This "prosecutor" is a JOKE. Was he bought off?....If he saw that video and gave Rice a counseling "deal" he needs to be tried as accessory.

The legal system in America is the real joke. It is deplorable even when it is at it's best.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure this would happen, but it might

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/509009393250488320[/tweet]

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":khtryl30 said:
SmokinHawk":khtryl30 said:
Cartire":khtryl30 said:

The case was closed and Ray Rice recieved a plea deal (counceling). The only way they could reopen the case is if new evidence emerged. Youre telling me this video wasnt part of the original investigation?

If Ray Rice received a plea deal, then there is nothing that can be done. A plea deal means that the crime was successfully prosecuted, therefore Rice would be protected from double jeopardy. If the case was merely closed, I am reasonably certain it can be reopened on the merit of this video evidence. It sounds to me like the case was dropped after a backroom meeting with the judge and prosecutor, with the expectation that Rice would receive counseling. That doesn't mean the matter is concluded.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Adam Schefter reporting Ray Rice has been released from the Ravens.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yep. Fired.
In lite of the video being seen by all.
That's what had to be done.
IMHO any way.
PR NIGHTMARE.
if it can be proved that the NFL saw it prior to the 2game thing, comish should be next.

I applaud the Ravens for making the stand. I hope all other pro teams follow the lead. These players SHOULD be held to a higher standard.
Flame me if you wish, I'll stand by my statement.