RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Reaction score
Thanks but no Thanks! Hes probably just coming in for some free grub! Dude is to over weight ill pass thank u!

kf3339

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1b8dobvz said:
kf3339":1b8dobvz said:
Jimjones0384":1b8dobvz said:
I heard a report on nfln that he is down in Florida training and is in "great" shape. Probably like when you get dumped after a long relationship, and get back in shape for the market. I know that is an over-used analogy, but appropriate in this instance. I even heard he plans on doing p90x a time or two this summer. He may come in ripped, who knows. I bet they will sign one of these veteran guys, maybe two if the price is right. Maybe Charles and lacy for 5 mil combined. That would be interesting.

Put him on a weight and fat percentage performance contract that forces him to lose weight and stay in real football shape. I could be done.

Besides, he may realize if he doesn't his career is over.

The packers did that......he went off the lean cuisiene in nothing fat.......Gained it all back. The Packerfans know this.

Yes, but the difference is that he "KNOWS" this next season may be it for him. "IF" he has any smarts at all he will focus on getting and staying in football shape. No deal should be made unless heavily incentive laden with no, or very little guaranteed money. Make him earn it, or no deal.

907Hawk

Reaction score
I say yes, this dude is a load to tackle and his size is an advantage. 5.1 YPC I think the Hawks could use that.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm very interested, he brings a diffrent style than Rawls and Prosise. 25% or better chance he would be the starter.

Mexi

Reaction score
I love the idea of signing Lacy, a physical guy that can break tackles. Talk about going back to our identity. He just needs to stay in shape for real this time.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seemed damn good when healthy and keeping his weight down he's a load to tackle. If he gets that this is his last chance it might not be a bad deal to sign him cheap. I like it better then going for Charles.

Mick063

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1wcsiie2 said:
If we're going to sign a fat, unathletic, piece of crap to play RB, I'd prefer it was me.

Yep
Terrible. Like really bad.
Was all hype, no substance from day one. I can name about 10 available backs that I would prefer.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Bring him in, make sure he is healthy, and sign him.
I was just reading somewhere else that Green Bay will offer a one year, prove it deal, at about 2 million.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Good lord, we are becoming the land of broken RBs.

Eddie Lacy? Jamaal Charles? Adrian Peterson?

They will fit nicely into the same room as Rawls, Pope and Prosise, as they all work their way through rehabbing those season-ending injuries.

I'm not crazy about Murray, other than he seems to at least have some durability, and the healthy body to simply trot onto the field -- a major plus at this point.

I imagine Pete is hoping that throughout 2017, a couple of these guys will be able to step in and perform okay for a few games. We may well be looking at RB by committee.

What I'm really hoping for is that Alex Collins steps up and demonstrates the stuff he showed in college, where he was a really outstanding back.

Hawk67

Reaction score
I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Then throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hawk67":1ai11qc4 said:
I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Then throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

I will stop short of calling both of those guys injury prone. They both had broken bones, which are a contact injuries. They both have as good of shot to make it through a season as the next guy. But what I can say is, the Hawks can't afford to lose two starting rbs, well three if you count cm, again. They need some sort of insurance policy. That's why I think a low cost vet is perfect. Even if they draft someone. Just remembered Pope, so they lost 4 rbs last year.

The problem, though, is who do they get rid of. It would be between Pope and Ac, and I really want to see what Ac has going forward. I know Pope was the darling of pre season. But he did nothing for two teams during the regular season. Maybe they could sneak him onto the PS.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Run the price up on Lacy so the Packers are stuck wondering whether they can afford to match our offer on Lang

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":hcfrffsh said:
Seanhawk":hcfrffsh said:
Largent80":hcfrffsh said:
WmHBonney":hcfrffsh said:
Maybe put a bag of Dick's there?

This isn't the Shack.

Lol. Dick's is a fast food burger joint.

It's so much more than that, lol, it's dinner and a show. Some crazy things go down in and around dicks after dark. I haven't been to dicks since I was a teenager.
Maybe you should bring Lacy there before he begins his diet.

modernman

Reaction score
.....the major upside to signing Lacy is twofold....if he trims down he should be a great addition to pound the rock....or if Lacy continues to pound the cheeseburgers we can alway give him to Cable :)

GH Hawk Fan

Reaction score
Hawk67":8w5ago0j said:
I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Thttp://www.seahawks.net/posting.php?mo ... 025938#hen throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

Have to agree with all points here. We have what we need at RB already. O line is the true issue.

Just say no to Lacy.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Someone-retwe ... d-42900671

King Dog

Reaction score
GH Hawk Fan":2phlw0bl said:
Hawk67":2phlw0bl said:
I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Thttp://www.seahawks.net/posting.php?mo ... 025938#hen throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

Have to agree with all points here. We have what we need at RB already. O line is the true issue.

Just say no to Lacy.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Someone-retwe ... d-42900671

Problem is, Rawls and Prosise don't seem to be able to stay healthy. Maybe signing a Lacy, Petersen, Charles or whatever would assure we always have at least one good rb ready to play.

Oh, and sorry AC fan. Collins isn't good.