RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

King Dog

Reaction score
I've been thinking a little more about this and man would it be nice to have Lacy around on 3rd or 4th and 1.

mikeak

Reaction score
King Dog":3uipmqtl said:
I've been thinking a little more about this and man would it be nice to have Lacy around on 3rd or 4th and 1.

As I am reading this whole thread my hopes kept getting higher and higher that I could be the first to make the point that we SUCK on 3rd / 4th and 1 to go...........

But you dashed those hopes so going to settle for

+1

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
mikeak":3kq29ujv said:
King Dog":3kq29ujv said:

As I am reading this whole thread my hopes kept getting higher and higher that I could be the first to make the point that we SUCK on 3rd / 4th and 1 to go...........

But you dashed those hopes so going to settle for

+1

Right...

If only I could believe that Lacy will help these scenarios when even Beastmode couldn't.

We've been bad at 3rd/4th and 1 for years. The Bevell apologists will even use that as an argument for not running the ball in 49.

Nog

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Per @_SportsTrust, RB Eddie Lacy has agreed to terms with the #Seahawks. They answer their RB question

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
For the #Seahawks and RB Eddie Lacy, it's: 1 year, $5.55M with $3M fully guaranteed.

Seymour

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/OneMoreRoundFF/status/841683838451441664[/tweet]

Of all the backs, I think Lacey is the best fit. That said, I think it's a waste with how much we've blown in the draft trying to find "that guy".

Best part about this IMO is NO AP. Hit the road Jack!!

CPHawk

Reaction score
If he works out, gets on the Cable diet, he's a stud.

Hyak

Reaction score
Fit wise, his style is what they want out of a back provided he's in shape. That said, it's also going to push Rawls and Procise too.

mikeak

Reaction score
Very interesting to me that we have two FA signings and they are both 1 year deals

We can still make a splash (if needed and with the right guy) and sign them for a 3-4year deal with a signing bonus.....

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Seems expensive, but if he stays in shape, this was the best fit all along.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I preferred either Murray or Lacy. As they complement Rawls and Prosise better.

Now go get Marcel Reece.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3tcgjnt0 said:
I preferred either Murray or Lacy. As they complement Rawls and Prosise better.

Now go get Marcel Reece.

I have a feeling they will still bring in a back in the draft. Eddie Lacy will be situational

Bobblehead

Reaction score
...If he stays in shape. What makes anyone think he will, he hasn't been in shape since at least his rookie season.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
As much as I don't like signing Lacy, it's not the worst RB signing we could have made. I dig the $3MM guaranteed with the rest being incentives.

If the guy stays fit, I think it could be a quality signing. The problem for me is this; Lacy hasn't taken care of himself since he's come into the NFL and that to me speaks volumes about the dedication he has towards his craft.

People poop on players all the time for testing positive for substances or getting a DUI, saying things to the tune of "this player can't stay clean and would rather get high than commit to the sport and get paid millions to play a game." In my mind Lacy has been doing this, but with food, and there really isn't much of a difference between a player choosing to neglect his body by eating 17 Big Macs a day and a player choosing to get stoned, gets caught a couple times and consequently gets a nice little suspension.

Tical21

Reaction score
Dang, really wanted Charles.

But if he can get 4 YPC and be reliable, this is a positive.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I still want to draft Perine. Similar to Lacy in many ways, but fit, young, and could very well have a very good nfl career.