Reason the fumble wasn't reviewed and no national outcry

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1xhhqhtl said:
Steve2222":1xhhqhtl said:
RunTheBall":1xhhqhtl said:
Oh so we can't talk about a horrible call the same day of the game? But we have to put up with 2+ years about hearing about the "Fail Mary"... come on, we will obviously get over this game but it just happened so why not talk about it?

Dude I hardly ever hear about the failmary anymore and that could have possibly been the most controversial call ever
Most controversial ever? LOL, wow are you even a Seahawks fan?

Whether you believe it was right or not, there is no denying that it was very controversial though. Like you said, been hearing about it for 2+ years...it wouldn't be like that if it wasn't extremely controversial. Could care less if it is most controversial or whatever, but it was extremely controversial.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking about the fail mary, I was thinking about the Broncos game where Manning's comments made national headlines about OT rules, when they benefitted from the rules a couple years ago against the Steelers.

Even ET commented about this. Even the former NFL Official who works for FOX said that play should have been reviewed.

And to make things more confusing, the officials ran to the pile and signaled Rams ball....clearly pointing their arm saying Rams ball....then they say, whatever it was and moved the ball back to where the play ended. huh? They didn't even confirm with each other.....

That said, this game is painfully over. Let move on to Carolina.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Steve2222":18yu0rhh said:
Hawkpower":18yu0rhh said:
Steve2222":18yu0rhh said:
The reason there's not a huge outcry is because it really wasn't that controversial. Should it have been reviewed? Sure. Would it have been overturned? Not a chance. There was no clear evidence we had possession of the fumble. And guess what? A Ram came out of the pile with the ball.

Suck it up and accept the loss. This is getting embarrassing.

A Ram did not come out of the pile with the ball.

Yes a Ram handed the ref the ball out of the scrum
Proof?

Steve2222

Reaction score
truehawksfan":23ux1iav said:
I wasn't thinking about the fail mary, I was thinking about the Broncos game where Manning's comments made national headlines about OT rules, when they benefitted from the rules a couple years ago against the Steelers.

Even ET commented about this. Even the former NFL Official who works for FOX said that play should have been reviewed.

And to make things more confusing, the officials ran to the pile and signaled Rams ball....clearly pointing their arm saying Rams ball....then they say, whatever it was and moved the ball back to where the play ended. huh? They didn't even confirm with each other.....

Mike Pierra (that former ref you're refering to) also tweeted the call wouldn't have been overturned had it been reviewed.

There's no conspiracy against us

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":20z84mw1 said:
RunTheBall":20z84mw1 said:
Steve2222":20z84mw1 said:
RunTheBall":20z84mw1 said:
Oh so we can't talk about a horrible call the same day of the game? But we have to put up with 2+ years about hearing about the "Fail Mary"... come on, we will obviously get over this game but it just happened so why not talk about it?

Dude I hardly ever hear about the failmary anymore and that could have possibly been the most controversial call ever
Most controversial ever? LOL, wow are you even a Seahawks fan?

Whether you believe it was right or not, there is no denying that it was very controversial though. Like you said, been hearing about it for 2+ years...it wouldn't be like that if it wasn't extremely controversial. Could care less if it is most controversial or whatever, but it was extremely controversial.
The only reason is was controversial at all in the first place is because we were playing probably the most followed team in American sports, the call wasn't that bad at all. But since we were playing America's darling team, it got blown out of proportion.

Steve2222

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2aci30g8 said:
Steve2222":2aci30g8 said:
Hawkpower":2aci30g8 said:
Steve2222":2aci30g8 said:
The reason there's not a huge outcry is because it really wasn't that controversial. Should it have been reviewed? Sure. Would it have been overturned? Not a chance. There was no clear evidence we had possession of the fumble. And guess what? A Ram came out of the pile with the ball.

Proof?

Ummmm I saw it with my own eyes on TV. Sorry didn't DVR the game.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Steve2222":1flp0lf6 said:
Ummmm I saw it with my own eyes on TV. Sorry didn't DVR the game.
There was never any point on the play that showed the rams player with possession on the fumble, not once from any TV angle.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":ncjpqb85 said:
Steve2222":ncjpqb85 said:
Hawkpower":ncjpqb85 said:
Steve2222":ncjpqb85 said:

Proof?

Watching the replay on .com, it's extremely hard to see who handed the ball to the ref. Don't know how anyone could conclude it from that angle without extremely detailed analysis/close ups or other angles.

Also from the replays, the more and more I watch, the more it seems like the ball is under Sherman but the darkness/shadows of the bodies definitely hides the ball, but looking at it, you would definitely assume Sherman got it and you can see the outline of the ball against the grass under Sherman when the bodies are piling up . Unfortunately you need that indisputable, 100% conclusive evidence which I don't know if that is...

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Safety Earl Thomas, who was there in the scrum, was asked if he was surprised the play was not subjected to a replay review in which the on-field official goes under the hood to re-watch the play while consulting with the officiating office in New York.

"Yeah, at least give us a shot," Thomas said. "But you know what? I'm not surprised with the refereeing this season. If you really look at some plays, we're playing more than our opponents. We're playing the referees, too. I don't care what anyone is saying. Something is wrong. It needs to be brought up."

He didn't stop there.

"It's kind of crazy how football is turning out now," Thomas said. "You give a guy, just because he wears a white and black shirt, he has authority of the game, and they need to stay out of it. That's my key. And let us dominate."
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2627440/Seah ... ferees-too

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This type of crap makes Seahawk fans sound so unbelievably pathetic. Just stop, you are giving us a bad name. Yes it should have been reviewed. And guess what, once they reviewed it they would not have changed the call because there was no indisputable evidence that the Seahawks recovered the ball.

Every call you do not like is not proof of a conspiracy against the seahawks.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":6cgbpl1f said:
Watching the replay on .com, it's extremely hard to see who handed the ball to the ref. Don't know how anyone could conclude it from that angle without extremely detailed analysis/close ups or other angles.

Also from the replays, the more and more I watch, the more it seems like the ball is under Sherman but the darkness/shadows of the bodies definitely hides the ball, but looking at it, you would definitely assume Sherman got it and you can see the outline of the ball against the grass under Sherman. Unfortunately you need that indisputable, 100% conclusive evidence which I don't know if that is...but
Same thing I saw, it looked like it could have been Sherman who gave the ref the ball. I just can't believe it wasn't even reviewed to begin with... it appeared the one angle showed Sherman with the ball in his arm on the ground.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1l4u8841 said:
This type of crap makes Seahawk fans sound so unbelievably pathetic. Just stop, you are giving us a bad name. Yes it should have been reviewed. And guess what, once they reviewed it they would not have changed the call because there was no indisputable evidence that the Seahawks recovered the ball.

Every call you do not like is not proof of a conspiracy against the seahawks.
When did I say conspiracy? I never said that at all.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Rat":2wmwm38o said:
This is the same kind of crap I've been seeing since the offseason where every article on ESPN gets bombed with Seahawks fans complaining about not getting enough respect. No wonder fans of other teams have become nauseated by Seahawks fans.
I don't really blame them tbqh

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
davidonmi":1q67o5ad said:
Rat":1q67o5ad said:
This is the same kind of crap I've been seeing since the offseason where every article on ESPN gets bombed with Seahawks fans complaining about not getting enough respect. No wonder fans of other teams have become nauseated by Seahawks fans.
I don't really blame them tbqh
Why don't you root for another team then?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Dean Blandino, the vice president in charge of the league's officiating, indicated on his Twitter account that the play was looked at in the officiating headquarters in New York and no evidence was seen that would dispute the ruling on the field, which awarded possession to the Rams.

"No evidence of who recovered ball," Blandino wrote. "Ball still loose and then went into pile."

SAY WAHT? HUH? It's a fumble. There's zero dispute. Plus, it's always a scrum when there's a fumble. The replay saw Sherm on top of the ball. Then a compile blocked the view.

Announcer's - former players -- always say players are constantly grabbing and pulling at the bottom of the pile....that's what happens in a pile after a fumble.

Sorry....but....

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
truehawksfan":24b8twnu said:
Dean Blandino, the vice president in charge of the league's officiating, indicated on his Twitter account that the play was looked at in the officiating headquarters in New York and no evidence was seen that would dispute the ruling on the field, which awarded possession to the Rams.

"No evidence of who recovered ball," Blandino wrote. "Ball still loose and then went into pile."

SAY WAHT? HUH? It's a fumble. There's zero dispute. Plus, it's always a scrum when there's a fumble. The replay saw Sherm on top of the ball. Then a compile blocked the view.

Announcer's - former players -- always say players are constantly grabbing and pulling at the bottom of the pile....that's what happens in a pile after a fumble.

Sorry....but....
Who gave the ref the ball then? And how did the first ref rule Rams ball without even looking into the pile? The whole scene was a joke and chaos, it's as if the head ref had awarded the ball to the Rams before the scrum was over.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
truehawksfan":2f6k3hd5 said:

Sorry....but....

He worded it poorly, and he should've said there was no 100% conclusive, indisputable evidence. If the refs said the Hawks recovered it and STL challenges, I'm pretty sure the call would stand and not be confirmed either. There's a big difference between what you think happened or pretty sure happened, and what did happen and can be concluded by NFL standards/rules.

But how the refs handled the entire sequence was piss poor at best.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Also, I don't believe in conspiracies either. Refs will make mistakes.

As I said initially, very frustrating....but time to move on to Carolina.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
truehawksfan":37sw0zt1 said:
Also, I don't believe in conspiracies either. Refs will make mistakes.

As I said initially, very frustrating....but time to move on to Carolina.
I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, I'm saying that how the media/refs and what not views everything is completely changed via what team it is. If the 2012 MNF Game was Seahawks/Jags there would would be hardly any controversy at all.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Steve2222":3w01q245 said:
truehawksfan":3w01q245 said:

Mike Pierra (that former ref you're refering to) also tweeted the call wouldn't have been overturned had it been reviewed.

There's no conspiracy against us

He didnt say that because a Ram handed the ref the ball.

He said that because he didnt think there was an angle that proved Sherman had full possession of the ball.

Your eyes decieved you my friend.