Reason the fumble wasn't reviewed and no national outcry

raisethe3

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2tt4uuo5 said:
dontbelikethat":2tt4uuo5 said:
Watching the replay on .com, it's extremely hard to see who handed the ball to the ref. Don't know how anyone could conclude it from that angle without extremely detailed analysis/close ups or other angles.

Also from the replays, the more and more I watch, the more it seems like the ball is under Sherman but the darkness/shadows of the bodies definitely hides the ball, but looking at it, you would definitely assume Sherman got it and you can see the outline of the ball against the grass under Sherman. Unfortunately you need that indisputable, 100% conclusive evidence which I don't know if that is...but
Same thing I saw, it looked like it could have been Sherman who gave the ref the ball. I just can't believe it wasn't even reviewed to begin with... it appeared the one angle showed Sherman with the ball in his arm on the ground.

That's what I thought too, when I saw the replay.

kf3339

Reaction score
The issues weren't that last play that some are griping about, but the three special teams plays that the team should be really pissed they let happen in the first place.

It is such a well known aspect of Fisher that he makes trick plays and often will gamble on special teams. So why did we give them 14 points and allow a fake punt that gives them a crucial 1st down at the end of the game? This game should not have even been close if our coaches and players had their minds on the game and how Fisher coaches.

Put this loss on PC and his Special Teams coach. They screwed up in a major way today.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
20141019150758.0.gif

RamBall

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2aja5ihx said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2aja5ihx said:
God I'm sick of reading crap like this.
Maybe you should watch another sport then, there are teams with huge followings that get special treatment by the media. It's not even debatable. We heard OVER AND OVER AND OVER again about how our win vs. the Packers was "tainted", why is this game not tainted as well?

The Rams win isnt tainted because there was nothing to review, and since a Rams player came out of the pile with the football and there was never at anytime anything remotely looking like sherman may have recovered the ball there was no reason to stop the game and watch something that shows nothing. If sherman would have came out of the pile with the ball, you may have something to complain about but since he didnt and the video never showed him even get close to posessing the ball I'm not sure what you expect the officials to do differently.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RamBall":1kvjsepw said:
RunTheBall":1kvjsepw said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1kvjsepw said:
Maybe you should watch another sport then, there are teams with huge followings that get special treatment by the media. It's not even debatable. We heard OVER AND OVER AND OVER again about how our win vs. the Packers was "tainted", why is this game not tainted as well?

The Rams win isnt tainted because there was nothing to review, and since a Rams player came out of the pile with the football and there was never at anytime anything remotely looking like sherman may have recovered the ball there was no reason to stop the game and watch something that shows nothing. If sherman would have came out of the pile with the ball, you may have something to complain about but since he didnt and the video never showed him even get close to posessing the ball I'm not sure what you expect the officials to do differently.

Actually the video clip right above you shows Sherman laying on the ball. Seems pretty "close to possessing it" to me.

What video have you seen of a Ram with the ball?

Maybe since you have seen it, you can link it here for us and end the debate.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When they uncovered the pile, did Sherman actually have it and give it to the refs? I couldn't see. If that is the case, I would say this was a huge botch by the officials. Otherwise, I don't have a big problem with this as the evidence is inconclusive.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RunTheBall":12x5fszs said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":12x5fszs said:

Doesn't there have to be wrong doing for the game to be "tainted?"

I didn't think Sherman almost recovering a fumble was the same as the fail mary. Which is why you're not getting your national outcry.

Getting embarrassed like a pop warner team on two different special teams plays, now THAT'S worthy of a national outcry.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It was a make-up non call for the phantom OPI on the Rams vs 9ers last week. (Blandino admitted they were wrong on that one).

It is what it is.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2206duiu said:
This type of crap makes Seahawk fans sound so unbelievably pathetic. Just stop, you are giving us a bad name. Yes it should have been reviewed. And guess what, once they reviewed it they would not have changed the call because there was no indisputable evidence that the Seahawks recovered the ball.

Every call you do not like is not proof of a conspiracy against the seahawks.

I think what you'll find man if you go to fan forums of every team in the league you'll find these claims that the league hates their team and is out to get them.

I see these same things on Cowboys forums, for years, every time Dallas loses a close game. They'll point out the mistakes by the refs and claim it was done on purpose to screw Dallas.

It's pretty standard for all fan bases.

I'll say this about yesterday's deal and the call that got all the media attention against the Packers a couple years ago.

1st yesterday. I feel like it should have been reviewed and I feel like it would have been over turned. That's just me. The former head of officials says that it wouldn't have been over turned anyway.

2nd the Packer call...there are two reasons it got so much more attention. Well 3 actually. It was on a nationally televised game so that means that many more people saw it and heard about it.

Secondly it was even more clear, in fact it wasn't even disputable, that the Seahawks clearly lost that game and the refs screwed the call up. Big time.

But last of all, and maybe the most important, it was because it was a blown call by replacement refs. That only made the situation that much bigger.

Tupps

Reaction score
2nd the Packer call...there are two reasons it got so much more attention. Well 3 actually. It was on a nationally televised game so that means that many more people saw it and heard about it.

Secondly it was even more clear, in fact it wasn't even disputable, that the Seahawks clearly lost that game and the refs screwed the call up. Big time.

Please take a look at the link below, even if you disagree with the analysis, I think it at least makes a case that there is some legitimate dispute.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

As for the fumble call, I wouldn't go as far as to say the call on the field would have been overturned, but it looks really bad if you don't at least review that type of thing when it should be.

I think Hawks fans have every right to be a bit skeptical given past events.

That being said, we were outplayed, grats to the Rams, and I expect to be entertained by the Hawks working out their frustration on Carolina this week.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seattle is a small market team. Until we have an actual dynasty which would mean 2-3 SB wins in a 5 year span or a good decade where we get at least 1-2 SB wins, 6-8 playoff appearances, 3-5 deep playoff runs, and maybe 2-3 SB appearances. We will remain a small market team, and in the grand scheme of National Sports, the 2013-2014 Seahawks will be a flash in the pan and no national outcries will ever come for our sake. Accept it and move on.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2g79i535 said:
RamBall":2g79i535 said:
RunTheBall":2g79i535 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2g79i535 said:

Actually the video clip right above you shows Sherman laying on the ball. Seems pretty "close to possessing it" to me.

Maybe since you have seen it, you can link it here for us and end the debate.

No, it does not show Sherman with possession at all. In fact, it shows he never had possession of the ball and what happens under the pile up is anyone's guess. Seattle very well could have had it but for some reason, the refs gave it to the Rams.

Unlike the "Fail Mary" that got referenced by the OP, there is no video evidence of the Seahawks getting screwed like the Packers did.

I think the replacement refs were bad (for obvious reasons) but the current set of refs are making a ton of mistakes and often times it is costing teams games. I am not sure what the reasoning was in not reviewing it right then and there. That was a mistake, if for no other reason than to say "Hey, too close to call, but we think the Rams got it, let's check the video and make sure there is no indisputable evidence the other way."

You guys still have a really great team and I think Pete Carroll will use this as a rally cry to get your guys motivated and get your defense tightened up. I can't help but feel like you guys stopped playing "Hawk" football after you thoroughly beat Green Bay. You guys looked remarkable. Great play calling, awesome defense, no stupid boneheaded mistakes.

The season is still young and what really matters is how you play down the stretch. But with Arizona cruising, Detroit surprising everyone and the Packers looking like contenders again, the Hawks need the next game badly or they could be watching the playoffs from the 19th hole at Pebble Beach.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Steve2222":2v5sm4eo said:
truehawksfan":2v5sm4eo said:
I wasn't thinking about the fail mary, I was thinking about the Broncos game where Manning's comments made national headlines about OT rules, when they benefitted from the rules a couple years ago against the Steelers.

Even ET commented about this. Even the former NFL Official who works for FOX said that play should have been reviewed.

And to make things more confusing, the officials ran to the pile and signaled Rams ball....clearly pointing their arm saying Rams ball....then they say, whatever it was and moved the ball back to where the play ended. huh? They didn't even confirm with each other.....

That said, this game is painfully over. Let move on to Carolina.

Mike Pierra (that former ref you're refering to) also tweeted the call wouldn't have been overturned had it been reviewed.

There's no conspiracy against us

That's not proof. Mike Pierrera never disagrees with the refs' calls. EVER. He sticks up for them like he did when he was the head of officiating.

That said, the one thing I don't understand is, it's in the rulebook that every change of possession due to turnover is automatically reviewed, so if it wasn't reviewed, I'd like to know why.

As for the media hating Seattle, I don't buy it. Deion Sanders and Marshall Falk both said that was a blown call on NFL Live. Seattle is also one of the top 5 teams in terms of popularity after the SB. The average fan likes a winner. Look at the Patriots....how big was their fanbase before they won anything, exactly ?

This was blown over because it was STL. That's not exactly one of the most popular teams around.

edogg23

Reaction score
Pete Carroll said that the Rams running back who fumbled it actually got it back in the scrum. If you don't believe me search for his post game interview and listen for yourself.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The Rams win isnt tainted because there was nothing to review, and since a Rams player came out of the pile with the football and there was never at anytime anything remotely looking like sherman may have recovered the ball there was no reason to stop the game and watch something that shows nothing. If sherman would have came out of the pile with the ball, you may have something to complain about but since he didnt and the video never showed him even get close to posessing the ball I'm not sure what you expect the officials to do differently.[/quote]

Maybe since you have seen it, you can link it here for us and end the debate.[/quote]

No, it does not show Sherman with possession at all. In fact, it shows he never had possession of the ball and what happens under the pile up is anyone's guess. Seattle very well could have had it but for some reason, the refs gave it to the Rams.

Unlike the "Fail Mary" that got referenced by the OP, there is no video evidence of the Seahawks getting screwed like the Packers did.

I think the replacement refs were bad (for obvious reasons) but the current set of refs are making a ton of mistakes and often times it is costing teams games. I am not sure what the reasoning was in not reviewing it right then and there. That was a mistake, if for no other reason than to say "Hey, too close to call, but we think the Rams got it, let's check the video and make sure there is no indisputable evidence the other way."

You guys still have a really great team and I think Pete Carroll will use this as a rally cry to get your guys motivated and get your defense tightened up. I can't help but feel like you guys stopped playing "Hawk" football after you thoroughly beat Green Bay. You guys looked remarkable. Great play calling, awesome defense, no stupid boneheaded mistakes.

The season is still young and what really matters is how you play down the stretch. But with Arizona cruising, Detroit surprising everyone and the Packers looking like contenders again, the Hawks need the next game badly or they could be watching the playoffs from the 19th hole at Pebble Beach.[/quote]

Packers got screwed??? LOL please.

First of all, this is an odd thread for you to be jumping in on. Are you a Packer fan who secretly likes the Rams?

Second, I didnt say the video showed clear possession. I was responding the statement that no angle showed Sherman anywhere near the ball or possibly getting possession, and my response was that lying on top of the ball is indeed very close to possessing the ball, and certainly closer than any clip we have seen with a Ram holding it.

But again, thanks for your concern about our playoff potential. I can certainly see why you would be hoping for us to be in Pebble Beach rather than kicking your tails at the Clink again in January.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3mcy8ht6 said:

You need to have the right perspective on it. It's hilarious, therefore worth reading.

PackerNation

Reaction score
bmorepunk":684q2g9s said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":684q2g9s said:

You need to have the right perspective on it. It's hilarious, therefore worth reading.

Here+you+go+_afa014c21152fbb47bc4fb4742870ec9.png

I figured when I saw the play that some Seahawk fan would be outraged about it and compare it to the Fail Mary.... I do believe I was correct! :mrgreen:

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
PackerNation":3ne3mfp5 said:
bmorepunk":3ne3mfp5 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3ne3mfp5 said:

Here+you+go+_afa014c21152fbb47bc4fb4742870ec9.png

I figured when I saw the play that some Seahawk fan would be outraged about it and compare it to the Fail Mary.... I do believe I was correct! :mrgreen:
Packer fan still mad about 2012 LOL.