Reggie Bush to 49ers

CANHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2tzgn4tq said:
IndyHawk":2tzgn4tq said:
No 49er guys comments?HE'S ONE OF YOURS!Gore for Bush what a upgrade.

Its not a Gore for Bush trade.

Its Gore for Hyde/Bush/Hunter. They want a 3 headed RB combo.

I like the signing as a change of pace/multipurpose back, but he will certainly not be the Bellcow that Gore has been. That's OK...that's not the intent of the signing.

In bringing in Bush, Torrey Smith, bringing back a hopefully healthy Vernon Davis and giving Hyde a shot, I think they are hoping to have something that was sorely lacking last year. Explosion. Big play ability.

We'll see if it works.

THERE'S the blind Homer spin I come to expect on all things 9'er!

Marvin49

Reaction score
CANHawk":35gsw22q said:
Marvin49":35gsw22q said:
IndyHawk":35gsw22q said:

I like the signing as a change of pace/multipurpose back, but he will certainly not be the Bellcow that Gore has been. That's OK...that's not the intent of the signing.

In bringing in Bush, Torrey Smith, bringing back a hopefully healthy Vernon Davis and giving Hyde a shot, I think they are hoping to have something that was sorely lacking last year. Explosion. Big play ability.

We'll see if it works.

Right...because making the point that the 49ers don't intend to give all of Frank Gores carries to Reggie Bush is "spin".

SMDH.

Weadoption

Reaction score
So many good backs this year in the draft, would rather see them pick up and develop a speed back than invest in an old one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Weadoption":2kw292es said:
So many good backs this year in the draft, would rather see them pick up and develop a speed back than invest in an old one.

We'll they've taken one in every draft for 6 years...nothing stopping them from doing so again.

It's not unheard of for them to draft at a position of strength.

rideaducati

Reaction score
A 30 year old RB that has trouble staying healthy throughout an entire season. Good signing Baalke.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
SF has been a team that runs between the tackles for several years now. Bush is not that kind of RB and he will not last in this division attempting to do so. Shoot, he just flat out doesnt last anyway.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":1t1bkhfh said:
SF has been a team that runs between the tackles for several years now. Bush is not that kind of RB and he will not last in this division attempting to do so. Shoot, he just flat out doesnt last anyway.

Yeah, they did run between the tackles for several years. If you hadn't heard yet though, there's like a new coaching staff and stuff...

As for the Bush signing, I don't think it signals much of anything beyond Baalke liking to take fliers on vets (which sometimes works (Boldin, Bethea, Rogers, Goodwin) and sometimes doesn't (Nnamdi, Lloyd, Moss, Edwards). It's a short-term way to try to roll the dice on infusing talent without creating long-term cap consequences.

Likewise Hyde is the only definitively healthy back on the roster.

Pretending it means more than that is whatever.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think Carlos Hyde is gonna be good, as far as Bush goes if he can stay healthy he's a good 3rd down back. The problem is that he cant stay healthy. I'm with Laloosh I think SF will suprise some people on offense this year, I have no clue why I think that I just do, which means they probably will suck.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
getnasty":ytiscegq said:
I think Carlos Hyde is gonna be good, as far as Bush goes if he can stay healthy he's a good 3rd down back. The problem is that he cant stay healthy. I'm with Laloosh I think SF will suprise some people on offense this year, I have no clue why I think that I just do, which means they probably will suck.

FWIW, and I'm VERY open to being surprised, I think 9ers fans --and others around the NFL-- have overrated Hyde a bit.

If he's able to stay effective and healthy all season I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I do think, although they'd never say it, this is part of the motivation in trying to build a rotation, and using the media to prepare 9ers fans to expect a rotation.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I have mentioned that I very much liked the Smith and Dockett signings. This however, gets a big, fat "meh" from me not that any Frisco fans give a rat's ass what I think. Bush just seems soft and 'me first' to me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2715129u said:
I have mentioned that I very much liked the Smith and Dockett signings. This however, gets a big, fat "meh" from me not that any Frisco fans give a rat's ass what I think. Bush just seems soft and 'me first' to me.

That would have required a draft pick.

Getting Reggie fills the role and since he was released won't count against the comp pick formula. Neither will Dockett. Baalke all about acquiring draft picks any way he can.

For anyone saying "he can't draft", we're about to find out.

Just last years class.

Jimmie Ward: Nickel
Carlos Hyde: likely starter at RB. He'll share load tho with Reggie Bush.
Marcus Martin: Possible starter at guard or center.
Chris Borland: starter at ILB
Brandon Thomas: Redshirt last year...possible starter at guard. Probably drafted as eventual Iupati replacement.
Bruce Ellington: slot WR...could be anything from 3rd to 5 WR. We'll see.
Dontae Johnson: Played well last year...possible starter.
Aaron Lynch: he and Borland were surprise rookies last year. 3rd down pass rusher.
Keith Reaser: redshirt CB with chance for depth
Kenneth Acker: read above
Kaleb Ramsey: another redshirt. DE who played well in college when healthy but was rarely healthy.
Trey Millard: yet another redshirt. H-Back who might end up a starter at FB depending on what happens to Bruce Miller.

Important to note that just because I'm saying possible starter doesn't mean I think they will be all-pros. Just sayin they will be in the competition to start this year because some good players are no longer with the team.

My point tho is that Baalke really likes his picks. He might trade one, but always tries to replace it....as he did with the Stevie Johnson trade...he effectively moved down one spot in round 2 to take Hyde and recovered the 4 he lost for Johnson. This year he doesn't have anywhere near the number of picks he's had the last two years...I don't see him giving one up easily.

rideaducati

Reaction score
getnasty":pt3bn1jz said:

Kaepernick is still the QB, I don't think they'll be a threat through the air at all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":n3sud183 said:
getnasty":n3sud183 said:

Kaepernick is still the QB, I don't think they'll be a threat through the air at all.

Love your consistency. I can say one thing for you, you never waver in hate of #7.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":23c1cylm said:
rideaducati":23c1cylm said:
getnasty":23c1cylm said:

Love your consistency. I can say one thing for you, you never waver in hate of #7.

I don't hate the guy. He's just not a good QB if you take PASSING into the equation. All the "speedy" WRs in the world won't help him because he only looks at one per play and teams know this. He is mechanical in his drops and doesn't change what he does. He has absolutely ZERO touch on passes and can only gun the ball at 90 mph to a WR AFTER he is open.

Go ahead and hang your hopes on the guy, you'll end up disappointed.

BASF

Reaction score
The irony is delicious for the true cheater of USC is now playing for the fan base that yelled Pete the Cheat the loudest.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CANHawk":1kevnkrv said:
Marvin49":1kevnkrv said:
IndyHawk":1kevnkrv said:

We'll see if it works.

I don't see any spin or homerism. Hyde is more of the Gore replacement (if there is one). Reggie has always been a change of pace guy you use to spread the field. That's how Pete used him at USC as well.

As Marvin said, "We'll see if it works."

rideaducati

Reaction score
sc85sis":1jays5a9 said:
BASF":1jays5a9 said:
The irony is delicious for the true cheater of USC is now playing for the fan base that yelled Pete the Cheat the loudest.
Very true.

It looks like the niners were looking to get back to their cheating ways and finally found someone that they could pay under the table just like the old days.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BASF":sonw9vgs said:
Ha! That's awesome. I actually think it's a pretty good pickup for them though.

Latest posts