Reggie Bush to 49ers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BASF":3kkzblkv said:
The irony is delicious for the true cheater of USC is now playing for the fan base that yelled Pete the Cheat the loudest.
Yeah, Ain't that a beotch! :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":33w8oe5g said:
rideaducati":33w8oe5g said:
getnasty":33w8oe5g said:
I think Carlos Hyde is gonna be good, as far as Bush goes if he can stay healthy he's a good 3rd down back. The problem is that he cant stay healthy. I'm with Laloosh I think SF will suprise some people on offense this year, I have no clue why I think that I just do, which means they probably will suck.

Kaepernick is still the QB, I don't think they'll be a threat through the air at all.

Love your consistency. I can say one thing for you, you never waver in hate of #7.

He's not wrong and now Kaep doesn't have the benefit of Harbaugh's route tree's.

How did changing OC's work out for Alex Smith?

How have you guys been the last few years (since Kaep became the starter) at throwing to the RB's out of the backfield? Dead last in the NFL I believe and now with a new system, is it reasonable or just blind faith that suddenly Kaep will blossom in his game and start doing all the things right he has been doing wrong so far.

It could all work out but it would be very surprising. Add to that what you have lost on defensive talent and the biggest reason that talent succeeded to begin with in Fangio.

It is more reasonable to expect your offense to take a large step backwards. For Bush to almost never see the ball unless handed to and for this to all happen while your defense struggles to keep games close the way Fangio was able to. You will more than likely see the pressure mount for your offense as it struggles and the opponents force you into passing situations.

Replacing Crabtree and Johnson with Smith is a NET downgrade even before factoring in experience.

Hyde looks like he may become a solid NFL RB but he is not close yet and Bush will probably have very little impact. Losing Gore is huge. Not because he was still the savior bell cow but just in general. Gore and Hyde would have been a much better combo especially factoring in leadership.

Docket is a good signing but not as good as Cowboy and definitely not Cowboy and Willis.

Culliver will take his hit and run show on the road too and he was arguably your best CB once Brown left.

There are a whole lot of changes and none I can see are even comparable let alone upgrades. Now add in new system and reminance of chaos and if you can find success in that mess, you need to revise your fan bases opinion of what luck really looks like.

Good luck but my prediction is last place in the NFC west with around 4 wins and anything really more than that would be a surprise.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1k61y6ei said:
Marvin49":1k61y6ei said:
rideaducati":1k61y6ei said:
getnasty":1k61y6ei said:
I think Carlos Hyde is gonna be good, as far as Bush goes if he can stay healthy he's a good 3rd down back. The problem is that he cant stay healthy. I'm with Laloosh I think SF will suprise some people on offense this year, I have no clue why I think that I just do, which means they probably will suck.

Kaepernick is still the QB, I don't think they'll be a threat through the air at all.

Love your consistency. I can say one thing for you, you never waver in hate of #7.

He's not wrong and now Kaep doesn't have the benefit of Harbaugh's route tree's.

How did changing OC's work out for Alex Smith?

How have you guys been the last few years (since Kaep became the starter) at throwing to the RB's out of the backfield? Dead last in the NFL I believe and now with a new system, is it reasonable or just blind faith that suddenly Kaep will blossom in his game and start doing all the things right he has been doing wrong so far.

It could all work out but it would be very surprising. Add to that what you have lost on defensive talent and the biggest reason that talent succeeded to begin with in Fangio.

It is more reasonable to expect your offense to take a large step backwards. For Bush to almost never see the ball unless handed to and for this to all happen while your defense struggles to keep games close the way Fangio was able to. You will more than likely see the pressure mount for your offense as it struggles and the opponents force you into passing situations.

Replacing Crabtree and Johnson with Smith is a NET downgrade even before factoring in experience.

Hyde looks like he may become a solid NFL RB but he is not close yet and Bush will probably have very little impact. Losing Gore is huge. Not because he was still the savior bell cow but just in general. Gore and Hyde would have been a much better combo especially factoring in leadership.

Docket is a good signing but not as good as Cowboy and definitely not Cowboy and Willis.

Culliver will take his hit and run show on the road too and he was arguably your best CB once Brown left.

There are a whole lot of changes and none I can see are even comparable let alone upgrades. Now add in new system and reminance of chaos and if you can find success in that mess, you need to revise your fan bases opinion of what luck really looks like.

Good luck but my prediction is last place in the NFC west with around 4 wins and anything really more than that would be a surprise.

Not even gonna argue with ya. I have hopes that a number of players will come through and surprise people, but I'm not exactly banking on it. Niners are turning over the roster in a big way this year. Hopefully, they'll be better and younger, but I'm not fool enough to expect that.

My comment to above was just because he has made comment after comment about how much Kap sucks. Seriously, ya gotta applaud the consistency. :D

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":24kr1ak1 said:
Not even gonna argue with ya. I have hopes that a number of players will come through and surprise people, but I'm not exactly banking on it. Niners are turning over the roster in a big way this year. Hopefully, they'll be better and younger, but I'm not fool enough to expect that.

My comment to above was just because he has made comment after comment about how much Kap sucks. Seriously, ya gotta applaud the consistency. :D

I haven't been proven wrong yet. In fact, I'm moving ever closer to having my side proven to be correct.

rastahawk

Reaction score
IMO not a good signing for Reggie as a player. He's getting up there in age as far as rb's go, so he is regressing as a runner then you go into a division that has arguably the best defenses. NFC West not a good landing spot for backs like him.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think it is a good move for the Digits. Bush is serviceable and can offer production in just about every kind of game. The guy has solid experience and can do something as K-Choke's second option, which I suspect will be seen frequently. I just hope it isn't like a Westbrook deal.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I highly doubt Bush makes it through the season healthy.

Between Seattle's defense and the Rams D-Line, he is going to get throttled. Arizona is no slouch either.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1q0226ep said:
I highly doubt Bush makes it through the season healthy.

Between Seattle's defense and the Rams D-Line, he is going to get throttled. Arizona is no slouch either.

What he said.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that he's on the game-day 45-man roster for more than 10 games.

lsheldon

Reaction score
My favorite quote on the Reggie Bush signing by the 49ers.

Reggie Bush, who the 49ers also signed? He's 800 years old. He caught passes from Y.A. Tittle.

And another one, just because:

There are other issues, and not all of the issues were in management's control. Something has happened, though. Something more than what's on the surface. It's as if everyone capable of heading for the escape pods is indeed leaving.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rem ... ar-BBik3g2

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Much as I liked Reggie, the niners would have been better off retaining Frank Gore.

rideaducati

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":2osrxvuz said:
Much as I liked Reggie, the niners would have been better off retaining Frank Gore.

Frank Gore is really old and really slow. I don't think he's going to do as well as the Colts fans are expecting. On the other hand, I don't think Reggie will do much either. Both teams will be disappointed with their new acquisitions.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":3l9r0gcf said:

It wasn't an either or situation.

Reggie isn't expected to fill Franks shoes. Niners looking for much more of a 3 headed backfield. Id someone takes the lions share of the carries, it'll be Carlos Hyde.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rwxvf62 said:
BlackandGolden":1rwxvf62 said:

It wasn't an either or situation.

Reggie isn't expected to fill Franks shoes. Niners looking for much more of a 3 headed backfield. Id someone takes the lions share of the carries, it'll be Carlos Hyde.

So many play on words here... its awesome

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can get three headed lion, and I can get lion shoes, but we'd need someone to come in and create three headed lion shoes.

278 SY278 PIkin4BottomRight122 AA300 SH20 OU01

img-thing

Latest posts