Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

Exittium

Reaction score
12thMan":2pzgn70c said:
That loss did no favors to end this holdout...Kam will now feel that he has even more leverage and I can't see Allen backtracking on his 'we are done negotiating' statement...if he really gave those orders.

Correct it did no favors, but Seeing the defense as ugly As we've seen it the last.. 3-4yrs? Had to annoy him. IF HE CARED about the team.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Exittium":1q95gmg7 said:
12thMan":1q95gmg7 said:
That loss did no favors to end this holdout...Kam will now feel that he has even more leverage and I can't see Allen backtracking on his 'we are done negotiating' statement...if he really gave those orders.

Correct it did no favors, but Seeing the defense as ugly As we've seen it the last.. 3-4yrs? Had to annoy him. IF HE CARED about the team.

In a game that close, we obviously missed not having an All Pro safety, especially when our secondary coverage was like Swiss cheese. It likely will embolden Kam but I doubt that it moves management any, if it did, then they are a bunch of gutless wonders. You don't take a stand like that then cave after the first game. The problem is that things won't get any easier next week and we could be in a huge hole by the time his holdout ends. We'd be playing catch up with the rest of the division and the rest of the conference. We lose Sunday and we'd be 3 games behind one of the conference favorites and very likely two or 2.5 games behind the division leaders.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Before this game, I was thinking screw Kam, let him sit all season and rot. It's now obvious we're going to have trouble winning without him. It may be the beer talking, but I say we make him happy and get him back on the team NOW so he'll be ready for the next game.

Can I get an Amen on that brothers and sisters?

White Knight

Reaction score
Snake Plisskin":tuungz40 said:
Before this game, I was thinking Kam, let him sit all season and rot. It's now obvious we're going to have trouble winning without him. It may be the beer talking, but I say we make him happy and get him back on the team NOW so he'll be ready for the next game.

Hell no. He abandoned our team. He can rot on his couch unless he wants to get his behind back where it belongs in Seattle with his tail between his legs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Snake Plisskin":3oh82tiy said:
Before this game, I was thinking F Kam, let him sit all season and rot. It's now obvious we're going to have trouble winning without him. It may be the beer talking, but I say we make him happy and get him back on the team NOW so he'll be ready for the next game.

Paul didn't become a billionaire because he made a bunch of stupid rash, reactionary decisions...

gonzhawk

Reaction score
gadgor":19bulgvu said:
Kam sets the tone. This was evident in today's performance where the defense seemed to be playing with no heart.

So Earl, Sherm, Wagner, KJ, Bennett, Avril, all with huge salaries came today and played like that because their friend is underpaid? wow, should not have paid those guys then if that's the case. Very unprofessional.

If they are tanking because they are depressed then we have bigger probs then one angry player.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RiverDog":1p70t8vx said:
Exittium":1p70t8vx said:
12thMan":1p70t8vx said:

In a game that close, we obviously missed not having an All Pro safety, especially when our secondary coverage was like Swiss cheese. It likely will embolden Kam but I doubt that it moves management any, if it did, then they are a bunch of gutless wonders. You don't take a stand like that then cave after the first game. The problem is that things won't get any easier next week and we could be in a huge hole by the time his holdout ends. We'd be playing catch up with the rest of the division and the rest of the conference. We lose Sunday and we'd be 3 games behind one of the conference favorites and very likely two or 2.5 games behind the division leaders.

Good..so everyone knows who to blame if we get behind in standing to close games...KAM

OrFan

Reaction score
I hope he sits at home and loses all his pay in fines. When he tries to come back to fulfill this year, have him put on the inactive list each game. He can practice by himself at home, not the facility. Do this each remaining year of his contract.

This game just made it worse for him.

MrThortan

Reaction score
He can take this loss as leverage to get what he wants, or he can man up, state he doesn't want to see his team struggle and save face with the fans, the Seahawks organization and the locker room.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
MrThortan":bhlo12sz said:
or he can man up, state he doesn't want to see his team struggle and save face with the fans, the Seahawks organization and the locker room.
That would make me :pukeface: if he actually spewed that BS

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Snake Plisskin":3k0qqqkc said:
Before this game, I was thinking screw Kam, let him sit all season and rot. It's now obvious we're going to have trouble winning without him. It may be the beer talking, but I say we make him happy and get him back on the team NOW so he'll be ready for the next game.

No. I'd rather they lose every game then give one inch where Kam is concerned. If it goes sideways and we actually do miss the playoffs that's how it goes. No amount of hand wringing will change anything.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1k2xa8op said:
Snake Plisskin":1k2xa8op said:
Before this game, I was thinking F Kam, let him sit all season and rot. It's now obvious we're going to have trouble winning without him. It may be the beer talking, but I say we make him happy and get him back on the team NOW so he'll be ready for the next game.

No. I'd rather they lose every game then give one inch where Kam is concerned. If it goes sideways and we actually do miss the playoffs that's how it goes. No amount of hand wringing will change anything.

Amen Sister

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well all you have to do is go back through this thread so see the sentiment before:

It was all next man up, he isn't going to matter type stuff. We will be fine without him.

Now it appears he was very very important.

Now everyone changes the tune. Now they are angry at him because they know the defense is SCREWED without him. And the offense isn't good enough to carry this team, not even close.

Now the Seahawks have a choice, they can fix the problem and get one or two more years out of Kam before they cannot afford him (but at least get a few more shots at the SB)

Or

They can hold fast, watch the defense melt into a weakness and watch any chance at going back to the SB for the next 2-3 years go with it. Unless Bevell gets food poisoning for a year, the offense is not going to be good enough to carry a bad defense. And hamstringing the defense by punching a giant hole in it (in the form of a missing safety since the defense hinges on the effectiveness of the safeties) is not going to help.

It won't matter how great the DL or pursuit is if the QB can just roll out and complete pass after pass on you, until the DL is gassed. This defense has some big weaknesses, some of which I think are a direct result of losing the DC. Not the time you can afford to be dickering about the effect of bending for Kam.

You can stick to your principles and be right, or you can win - but you do not get to do both.

m0ng0

Reaction score
no change at all, we did not lose this game because Kam was not here, we got plenty of other issues to figure out, have a nice time sitting on the couch Bam Bam

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":co5sepc5 said:
Well all you have to do is go back through this thread so see the sentiment before:

It was all next man up, he isn't going to matter type stuff. We will be fine without him.

Now everyone changes the tune. Now they are angry at him because they know the defense is SCREWED without him. And the offense isn't good enough to carry this team, not even close.

Now the Seahawks have a choice, they can fix the problem and get one or two more years out of Kam before they cannot afford him (but at least get a few more shots at the SB)

Or

They can hold fast, watch the defense melt into a weakness and watch any chance at going back to the SB for the next 2-3 years go with it. Unless Bevell gets food poisoning for a year, the offense is not going to be good enough to carry a bad defense. And hamstringing the defense by punching a giant hole in it (in the form of a missing safety since the defense hinges on the effectiveness of the safeties) is not going to help.

It won't matter how great the DL or pursuit is if the QB can just roll out and complete pass after pass on you, until the DL is gassed. This defense has some big weaknesses, some of which I think are a direct result of losing the DC. Not the time you can afford to be dickering about the effect of bending for Kam.

You can stick to your principles and be right, or you can win - but you do not get to do both.
So it's all about a single SS? Are you serious? SMH.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1u6isjlm said:

Or

I guess Kam can piss away his legacy then too along with the legion of boom. Legion of boom going to legion of one hit wonder. If true that the front office allready agreed to move 3 million up..Kam is a downright idiot for not accepting it

RiverDog

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":hnssht96 said:
RiverDog":hnssht96 said:
Exittium":hnssht96 said:
12thMan":hnssht96 said:

Good..so everyone knows who to blame if we get behind in standing to close games...KAM

In a close game where our secondary is obviously disorientated? Yes, I would have no problems calling out a veteran player that could have been there but chose not to be.