Return of the fearfulness

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Starting sometime in 2012 and lasting through the 2014 season the Seahawks were the most feared team in football.

We brought the hits in all facets. Big hits from our DB's were all over the highlight reals. Beast mode becoming a ledged. Everybody had to bring their A game against us and win or lose they were gong home broken, bruised, and limping into their following game.

The focus on restoring a powerful run game that can control the clock and run out games. The D has got some new juice adding 3 new safeties to the competition. Adding a spectacular interior rusher like Richardson will keep OC's up at night figuring out how to keep their QB's upright. Paying Kam allows him to just let it rip, no more worrying about another contact.

We have a team that looks confident. Has a mix of elite talent and hungry players looking to prove themselves. Depth is as good as it has been in a while.

This feels like a team ready to battle it out with the toughest of teams. I don't fear a single team in this league. The hawks are to be feared this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Agreed. We do need to practice what Pete is preaching in sticking with the run game though. It's a matter of patience and it's really easy to get impatient with a healthy RW and a ton of options that can really gash a defense. We have to stick with it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Those teams would just beat up the opposition. The Harbaugh 49ers would do the same thing. Just pound the rock, keep the D rested and aggressive.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Wenhawk":il0rkp7l said:
Starting sometime in 2012 and lasting through the 2014 season the Seahawks were the most feared team in football.

We brought the hits in all facets. Big hits from our DB's were all over the highlight reals. Beast mode becoming a ledged. Everybody had to bring their A game against us and win or lose they were gong home broken, bruised, and limping into their following game.

The focus on restoring a powerful run game that can control the clock and run out games. The D has got some new juice adding 3 new safeties to the competition. Adding a spectacular interior rusher like Richardson will keep OC's up at night figuring out how to keep their QB's upright. Paying Kam allows him to just let it rip, no more worrying about another contact.

We have a team that looks confident. Has a mix of elite talent and hungry players looking to prove themselves. Depth is as good as it has been in a while.

This feels like a team ready to battle it out with the toughest of teams. I don't fear a single team in this league. The hawks are to be feared this season.

That's all great but we need to be careful we do not stick to the run despite the game. meaning try so hard to run run run that we fall behind. While the run game is great and can establish your dominance or fear, it can also make you fall behind if you get to hard headed, that has happened to us before. We need to keep in between 45-55 ratio depending on the game. Some games it will be more peas than run others maybe the reversed. If we try to just smash it down their throats most of the time we will be in a hole quick. I know a few of you want a run first, run second thing, and PC has said he wants to run more but that does not mean run no matter what. LIke I said I suspect we will be around 45-55 sometimes more pass sometimes more run.

oh and FYI you can throw fear into the other team passing as well, if they don't know when or where it is coming from, with a QB who can run, or scramble or throw on the run.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":2gqgafyw said:
Wenhawk":2gqgafyw said:

That's all great but we need to be careful we do not stick to the turn despite the game. meaning try so hard to run run run that we fall behind. While the run game is great and can establish your dominance or fear, it can also make you fall behind if you get to hard headed, that has happened to us before. We need to keep in between 45-55 ratio depending on the game. Some game it will be more peas than run others maybe the reversed. If we try to just smash it down their throats most of the time we will be in a hole quick. I know a few of you want a run first, run second thing, and PC has said he wants to run more but that does not mean run no matter what. LIke I said I suspect we will be around 45-55 sometimes more pass sometimes more run.

oh and FYI you can throw fear into the other team passing as well, if they don't know when or where it is coming from, with a QB who can run, or scramble or throw on the run.

Anthony is worried about his fantasy stats obviously, I say if you run and score and take your shots as Pete has in the past, get the lead and let your defense create turnovers and short fields because they are rested, we force a team to pass we have our blow outs, a defense playing down hill without trying to avoid mistakes as much creates a avalanche effect. We seen it in the Super Bowl with the Broncos and with the Patriots until we lost our pass rush and they felt invigorated and with the Patriots last year.

Atradees

Reaction score
Sunday is gonna rock.

Is the hurry up offense we saw in the preseason a new fixture? That would lend itself to the passing game and Not controlling the clock....

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":kd1pk20i said:
Anthony!":kd1pk20i said:
Wenhawk":kd1pk20i said:

That's all great but we need to be careful we do not stick to the turn despite the game. meaning try so hard to run run run that we fall behind. While the run game is great and can establish your dominance or fear, it can also make you fall behind if you get to hard headed, that has happened to us before. We need to keep in between 45-55 ratio depending on the game. Some game it will be more peas than run others maybe the reversed. If we try to just smash it down their throats most of the time we will be in a hole quick. I know a few of you want a run first, run second thing, and PC has said he wants to run more but that does not mean run no matter what. LIke I said I suspect we will be around 45-55 sometimes more pass sometimes more run.

Anthony is worried about his fantasy stats obviously, I say if you run and score and take your shots as Pete has in the past, get the lead and let your defense create turnovers and short fields because they are rested, we force a team to pass we have our blow outs, a defense playing down hill without trying to avoid mistakes as much creates a avalanche effect. We seen it in the Super Bowl with the Broncos and with the Patriots until we lost our pass rush and they felt invigorated and with the Patriots last year.

So FYI obviously you don't know much I don't play Fantasy football, can't stand it. Like I said you run despite the game you lose, you run smart you win, that means a balance.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Atradees":12ezma8n said:
Sunday is gonna rock.

Is the hurry up offense we saw in the preseason a new fixture? That would lend itself to the passing game and Not controlling the clock....

Well the defensive guys have complained we don't put a foot on their throats, Kam, Sherman, and ET have all said score as much as you can. Let's remember if we score a lot fast we also force them to throw which plays into our defense. If we score a lot and fast at the beginning we can then smash it down their throat as they will be tired. We need to play offense to win not just to get a lead. TO do that we need to pass and run in the right situations. Sometimes more run sometime smore pass.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
There will be a correlation between our rushing stats and winning. If we are leading we are going to run more.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":29new8vl said:

damn straight--GO HAWKS

mikeak

Reaction score
If we dunk and dunk for five yards then who cares if we run or pass. What matters is slowing down the game, move the chains and make the opponent chase you.

I say pass more but methodically

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wenhawk":han90msl said:
There will be a correlation between our rushing stats and winning. If we are leading we are going to run more.

I've always found the run-pass stats a bit misguided for exactly what you are talking about here. Winning team run more because their last several series are all runs whilst protecting a lead.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wenhawk":pskg9ppp said:

True. We also generally don't air it out unless we're behind by 10 or more, which is rare. Generally we should see better mixture and hopefully, it will be situationally appropriate.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":b8k0ocam said:
Wenhawk":b8k0ocam said:

That's all great but we need to be careful we do not stick to the run despite the game. meaning try so hard to run run run that we fall behind. While the run game is great and can establish your dominance or fear, it can also make you fall behind if you get to hard headed, that has happened to us before. We need to keep in between 45-55 ratio depending on the game. Some games it will be more peas than run others maybe the reversed. If we try to just smash it down their throats most of the time we will be in a hole quick. I know a few of you want a run first, run second thing, and PC has said he wants to run more but that does not mean run no matter what. LIke I said I suspect we will be around 45-55 sometimes more pass sometimes more run.

That is correctomundo, a well balanced Offensive Attack can hit you with a flurry of Runs, and mix in some passes to set up even more in your face Runs.
The pass sets up the run, the run sets up the pass

chris98251

Reaction score
Not being able to stop the run wears out a defense and takes their heart away when they have to support it with secondary, then it's the quick strike pass play for TD's or deep balls that mentally makes them throw in the towel.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Too often, it has been run run run and be behind in the 4th, then RW win it for us and pull a rabbit out of the hat. It would be nice to win comfortably sometimes.

DrDix

Reaction score
You could say the same thing about the last two seasons and oh actually, they have been said.

None of it matters because those two seasons this team lacked one of the most important qualities of a great team: consistency.

Until they are consistent again, nobody fears this team. The proof is in the pudding (last two seasons)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ibd4tj3 said:
Agreed. We do need to practice what Pete is preaching in sticking with the run game though. It's a matter of patience and it's really easy to get impatient with a healthy RW and a ton of options that can really gash a defense. We have to stick with it.

This. Run successfully. Be patient. Absolutely DOMINATE teams in the 4th quarter once the run game has wore them out. NOTHING is more demoralizing to a defense than knowing the run is coming and being unable to stop it.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think the Patriots have the best approach to a 'balanced' offense. They will run 50x or pass 50x in a game if it's attacking a weakness. I bet they are more balanced in formations and plays out of said formations.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Atradees":pyvoox4c said:
Sunday is gonna rock.

Not true at all. First off, it's not a true hurry up, it's just going up tempo. They're getting to the line faster. It forces the defense to show their hands, and lets Russ survey the defense longer and get a better presnap read. I've also read it tires out defensive linemen because it makes them sit in their stance longer.

Secondly, you can go up tempo in the run game, to devastating effect. You keep running it and not letting the defense substitute or even get very set. If guys need to sub out, they have to sprint to the sidelines. Then guys are sprinting in just to get pushed around in the run game. There's teams that will get 12 men on the field penalties just to get a play to get set.