Return of the fearfulness

olyfan63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ewch5fn said:
Anthony!":1ewch5fn said:
Wenhawk":1ewch5fn said:
Starting sometime in 2012 and lasting through the 2014 season the Seahawks were the most feared team in football.

We brought the hits in all facets. Big hits from our DB's were all over the highlight reals. Beast mode becoming a ledged. Everybody had to bring their A game against us and win or lose they were gong home broken, bruised, and limping into their following game.

The focus on restoring a powerful run game that can control the clock and run out games. The D has got some new juice adding 3 new safeties to the competition. Adding a spectacular interior rusher like Richardson will keep OC's up at night figuring out how to keep their QB's upright. Paying Kam allows him to just let it rip, no more worrying about another contact.

We have a team that looks confident. Has a mix of elite talent and hungry players looking to prove themselves. Depth is as good as it has been in a while.

This feels like a team ready to battle it out with the toughest of teams. I don't fear a single team in this league. The hawks are to be feared this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
<snip>
oh and FYI you can throw fear into the other team passing as well, if they don't know when or where it is coming from, with a QB who can run, or scramble or throw on the run.
That is correctomundo, a well balanced Offensive Attack can hit you with a flurry of Runs, and mix in some passes to set up even more in your face Runs.
The pass sets up the run, the run sets up the pass

The bolded part above is one part of why Kasen Williams was let go. With weak effort when the play isn't coming his way, he provides a "tell" that gives opponents an edge. And with his lack of blocking effort and awareness, he wasn't going to be a great contributor to the run game.

Pete's vision showing itself in even the seemingly smallest personnel decisions. Bailing on Williams and Kearse. Bringing in that slot corner from NE, trading a pick for a player who NE was going to cut, to avoid losing out via waivers. It shows Pete is thinking teams are going to have to throw and dink and dunk against us, to pass a lot, after we get a lead, and to improve our strengths there. And what can you say about the *steal* of getting Chris Carson to add some electricity to our running game? I think Carson will have *many* HUGE plays this year in the running game.

And now getting Sheldon Richardson. WOW. Like so many pieces falling into place. An interior pass rush? Now that will make opposing QB's piss themselves.

Even the injuries might wind up making us better. LT Fant goes down, Pete and John go out and get an OT (Tobin) who grades ABOVE where Fant did, thereby KEEPING Luke Joeckel at Guard, where he is actually turning out quite good. An OL that doesn't suck? It's a very real possibility! CB Elliot goes down, Pete/John snag CB Justin Coleman from NE.

And then getting guys like David Bass, who beat out guys like Cassius Marsh, made Marsh tradeable. (if that's wrong, please share your version). This speaks to the overall level of talent in this group, happy surprises, to make guys like Marsh expendable.

We have an amazing mix of talent this year, veterans still in their prime, and hungry young guys exceeding expectations.

Yes, the fear in opponents will be BACK!! Can't wait to see this group rock the NFL this year!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I like most about the start of this season is no distractions. No holdouts. The team looks to be unified again. One purpose. One job. Have fun. Kick some ass. Time to play some football.

I prefer... Return of the FEARLESSNESS.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
chris98251":1n4waysx said:
Not being able to stop the run wears out a defense and takes their heart away when they have to support it with secondary, then it's the quick strike pass play for TD's or deep balls that mentally makes them throw in the towel.
throw in the towel...then loosen their bowels...against our new front.? you kidding me.?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Hawks46":37npoev0 said:
Atradees":37npoev0 said:
Sunday is gonna rock.

Is the hurry up offense we saw in the preseason a new fixture? That would lend itself to the passing game and Not controlling the clock....

Not true at all. First off, it's not a true hurry up, it's just going up tempo. They're getting to the line faster. ......
Let's hope it's this. I have very little to say in the complaints department wrt the Seahawks offence play. The one thing that has bugged me in the last few years is the 'slow to the line' and delay of game calls as you watch the clock tick down to zero. No fearfulness on those plays, just the appearance of disorganization.