Ricardo Lockette Retiring

Jville

Reaction score
Very well spoken young man. He included his own powerful testament as to what the brotherhood is about.

For me, it has been a privilege to watch him grow and mature ...... even though it has been as an observer watching and listening from the outside.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/730858368764534784[/tweet]

Here is the archived retirement press conference link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/05/12/ricardo-lockette-retirement-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
pmedic920":1o2t58vj said:
fdc11b6f3bc3594f5fe49eea87df7ed6.jpg

e30cecb1d3abb9e990a049552911cbe0.jpg

:th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
Was an uplifting press conference, with a chance to let folks know how much he cared about them and the organization. I wish him the best and that he is able to live as normal a life as he can. I liked that he didn't hold the Dallas player responsible and admitted that he probably got away with things on the field that he should have been flagged for.

The hit looks so normal but the damage is now life-long. He has a good attitude about things. We will see how the future unfolds for him. I tip my hat to him as a player, a man and a loved one.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man, I am going to miss that guy. I hope he sticks around the team.

"Introducing Special Teams Assistant Coach, Ricardo Lockette!" :th2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
"The guys take you live to the Seahawks' headquarters for Ricardo Lockette's emotional retirement press conference. Lockette answers questions on what he would do differently in his NFL career and what his post-retirement plans are. In "Wait a Minute, What", Serena Williams samples an interesting type of cuisine and a controversial college basketball coach had some choice words for a beat writer that covers him."

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... 0and%20Tom

byau

Reaction score
Love that someone posted a vid of the Beast Quake 2 run.

Here's a few angles of the complete run. The Beast Quake 2 run will remain for me a shining example of who Ricardo Lockette is and what he represents. A lot of athletic ability, sure, but underneath that a lot of grit, want-to, and desire to play for his team and his brothers:

Baldwin once answered an interview question about why the receivers block. It's not to take out a guy, it's to make sure no one gets to Marshawn

One of the best examples of playing for his brothers and his team:

[youtube]vmelivYV5cc[/youtube]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RL-"We all we got!" Teamates- "We all we need!" that never gets old..GO HAWKS!!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
That dude could stretch the field like few else. That was true "elite" speed. Sad to see it end on an injury like this, but very few get the storybook Peyton Manning ending. He made his mark and gets to live to tell the tale. Good for him.

Godspeed Rockett.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Aros":2sxo2kgz said:
He was well spoken and I believe many of us fans underestimated his importance to the team and how other players and coaches and personnel felt about him. I wish him well and hope he gets to celebrate another Seahawks championship - as a fan - soon.

I remember some posts about Lockette on this forum that seemed to demonstrate a hatred for the guy because people didn't think he should be on the roster (both he and Kearse have been dogged unnecessarily to me). His injury and retirement highlights what is important. Demonizing players because one doesn't like their play on the field is ridiculous. Being critical or emotional of their play is one thing, but if you get really emotional towards the person you should take a step back. Unless they're an actual scumbag off the field and that's why you don't like them.

mrt144

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3n0mjzk8 said:
Aros":3n0mjzk8 said:
He was well spoken and I believe many of us fans underestimated his importance to the team and how other players and coaches and personnel felt about him. I wish him well and hope he gets to celebrate another Seahawks championship - as a fan - soon.

I remember some posts about Lockette on this forum that seemed to demonstrate a hatred for the guy because people didn't think he should be on the roster (both he and Kearse have been dogged unnecessarily to me). His injury and retirement highlights what is important. Demonizing players because one doesn't like their play on the field is ridiculous. Being critical or emotional of their play is one thing, but if you get really emotional towards the person you should take a step back. Unless they're an actual scumbag off the field and that's why you don't like them.

People have ideals about how a team should be.